Gold Silver Worlds

View Gold Silver Worlds' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Gold Takes Out Major Support: Next Stop $1,350 [View article]
    Dear Mike, my research has indicated that it is not about the price that someone wants to pay for gold; rather gold IS the price of money.

To prove that point, I would suggest to look at gold from a Japanese point of view. It is at all time highs, because the Yen is very weak.

The monetary value of gold is the most underexposed one and the most misunderstood one. It is not widely accepted neither, because we are for 4 decades off the gold standard (two generations are sufficient to forget things).

I have no problem accepting that the DOLLAR gold price could fall through support on the short run. But at the start of a global currency war, in which the dollar is the best of all worse currencies, I believe the fundamental case for gold has never been stronger.

Please take this as constructive feedback / opinion. And please understand I am not talking from a trading point of view.
    Apr 3 06:02 PM | 30 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gold Won't Protect You From Inflation: What History Tells Us [View article]
    If a picture is worht a thousand words, then this is a very long comment:

True, no inflation because of low CPI ... I buy almost the same now compared to 5 and 10 years ago. CPI correctly reflects my expenses and purchases.

Good luck.
    Apr 17 06:30 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Financial Repression Starts Showing Its Ugly Head [View article]
    Can't agree more with your comment. A process is not linear, it goes with ups and downs, the primary direction is of importance. Best wishes by the way.
    Dec 29 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Price Exploding In Emerging Markets [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback David.
    Feb 4 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Financial Repression Starts Showing Its Ugly Head [View article]
    That's an interesting view, didn't look at it that way. But we can (potentially, although not now) still have inflation even with lower median household incomes, right?
    Nov 8 07:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Financial Repression Starts Showing Its Ugly Head [View article]
    Good question Diego. In fact, I took a broad definition of financial repression, based on what Ronald Stoeferle described in his latest report: http://bit.ly/1d6wk9O

The term 'financial repression' was first employed by McKinnon andShaw in 1973 and has been rediscovered in the course of the current crisis by Reinhart and Sbrancia. According to the definition, financial repression describes an economic policy in which capital controls and regulations are implemented by governments and central banks, the aim of which is the distortion of financial market prices. Financial repression always means a combination of different measures that lead to a notable narrowing of the investment universe for investors. Money is thus channeled into specific directions, and would in a more liberal environment flow into different asset classes.

Hope that makes sense.
    Nov 8 07:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Is Always Rallying Somewhere [View article]
    Thx for all comments. I have nothing to add, even not to the one of Stefan.
    Apr 12 06:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A healthy market is supposed to rally on good news, yes? If so, things don't look good for the gold bulls, as the metal fails to muster any bounce on news of the massive BOJ easing. GLD -0.9% premarket with gold at $1,544/oz. - its lowest level since late June. [View news story]
    hi Doug, I saw yen gold indeed and wrote about it ... really amazing how Société Générale can come up the same day and call the end of gold's bull market ...

People simply still don't get the fundamental idea behind gold > it's not a trading vehicle, it's a monetary asset. Anyway.

I would be interested to have my articles out there in Japanese. Do you think there a "market" for non-Japanese offering content & services?
    Apr 5 06:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doug, I think I agree with your view. I'd like to add one thing: markets know more than we do. The mechanic sell of in gold this week was too manufactured. The markets knew something that we as ordinary people did not. I have the impression today's news gives a clue: Japan to create additionally +2 trillions of Yen in the coming 24 months. I didn't check the data yet, but my assumption is that money is flowing into that trade ... ahead of what we all know when looking for a causal effect between gold price and news events. Could be wrong though.
    Apr 4 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wakeup Call From Cyprus To The Rest Of The World [View article]
    Thx for all the great comments. By the way, have been looking to get in touch with gold dealers in Cyprus, to see if they are having an increase in demand. But as it looks now, with today's announcement on the new measures, the poor Cypriots even don't get a chance to think about buyin gold or silver.
    Mar 29 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marin Katusa On Physical Gold And Promising Gold Companies [View article]
    Obviously I agree with what you said. Gold stocks are extremely oversold; from investors with a high risk/reward appetite, the biggest risk is a wrong choice of the stock ... but that's at the same time the biggest opportunity as well.
    Feb 21 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Negative Real Interest Rates Continue To Drive Gold's Price [View article]
    Thanks for the comments. As the host of the interview, I will share them with Ronald Stoeferle.
    Nov 20 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment