Gold Stock Guru

View Gold Stock Guru's Comments BY TICKER:
  • So Much For The Significance Of Gold's 200-Day Moving Average [View article]
    I agree that there is upside in many of the equities that you picked, but look at the ones you've mentioned.

"oh just pick any 'ole equity. Microsoft, GE, PG etc etc... Just pick any of the best performing, high dividend paying companies of the last 50 YEARS."

Aren't you forgetting all of the companies you shoulda', coulda', woulda' selected.

By you saying this I'm assuming you have owned all of these companies over the last 30 years, and have selected no loser, correct?

You bring a valid point, but you can't simply select the biggest and most profitable companies of the last 30 years and call it selecting "any 'ole dividend paying equity".

Jan 18 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Gold Price Fundamental In 2012 [View article]
    What very few writers on SA and other sites fail to mention is that "charting" and looking at technicals to predict short term (and in some ways long term) movements does very little. I, for one, don't pretend to know what gold will do over the next 1-3 months. WHY? Because the paper derivatives market trades 100 times the actual PHYSICAL metal available for trading!

At times on the COMEX over 250 million ounces has traded in minutes. That's more silver than is available for investment and newly mined out of the earth in a YEAR. How could technicals possibly give you strong indications over and over again when the puppeteers of the gold and silver derivatives market can cause extreme volatility at any given time?

Short term technicals are dead. However, the macro trend is VERY bullish.

Oct 24 08:02 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aristotle's Money Criteria Support Gold, Precious Metals [View article]
    Did not know that about John Law. That's really interesting. I'm going to do a little research on him and his wealth. Learn from history, right? I guess you could say that's an overall theme of this article.

Oct 24 08:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aristotle's Money Criteria Support Gold, Precious Metals [View article]
    Agreed. $ has lost 7% of its purchasing power every year for the last decade (on average). It's not worth the paper its NOT printed on.

Sep 27 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aristotle's Money Criteria Support Gold, Precious Metals [View article]
    Thanks for the comments. I appreciate the input. However, you just stated that France "was bankrupt" and they continually "issued, reissued, and reissued".

The US IS in a similar situation. The US Government IS bankrupt and it DOES issue, issue, and reissue notes. It prints money and spends. At the core, these situations are very similar.

And, no, "inflation is not needed to function" as you've stated. Inflation is needed to function under a Keynesian system of economics in which money is simply another persons debt and interest is paid on money that does not yet exist. It holds no intrinsic value because it's easily produced out of thin air. Why would you want to hold something, ie the US dollar or any other fiat currency, for any extended period when it's been devalued 98% since 1913?

Sep 27 07:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Is For The Fool - If You Are Looking For Safety [View article]
    This article is completely unfounded. It's based on the argument that gold isn't a "safe haven" because it correct 10-12% in a few days. The macro trend is that every major currency, including the US dollar, has been devalued drastically against gold for the last DECADE. Who cares what happened in the last few days?

Sep 26 06:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Low Could Gold Go? [View article]
    The US "getting its act together" would mean that we stop devaluing the dollar, slash our spending by 20%, 30% or more, and elect a president that values the purchasing power of the dollar (like Ron Paul). Have we significantly cut our spending in the last 10, 15, or 20 years? No. Will we stop devaluing the dollar? No.

Buy precious metals.

Sep 26 06:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Under 'The J.P. Morgan Effect' [View article]
    Gotta agree. Not too many contributers on seeking alpha I deem as valuable and giving great advice/info. Hyper, you are one of the few. Cheers to you my friend.

Sep 25 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Wheaton Keeps Shining On Investors [View article]
    shadowstats.com. Read how he calculates.
    Sep 25 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Wheaton Keeps Shining On Investors [View article]
    look at shadowstats.com. Uses inflation numbers similar to 1990s to gauge inflation.

Sep 25 05:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Wheaton Keeps Shining On Investors [View article]
    Jim-

If you're gauging inflation by CPI, you should seriously take a step back and try to see the forest through the trees my friend. CPI is a government statistic that has been out of touch with true inflation for years, most significantly since the Clinton administration.

I hate to plug myself in the comments section here, but I've written an article on CPI manipulation and calculations that outlines how CPI does NOT reflect living increases for 90% of Americans.

Please forgive the plug but sounds like you really need to see this and re-examine your beliefs on inflation and CPI.

Sep 25 05:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Junior Gold Miners vs. Big Producers [View article]
    Love the juniors. Personally, I only invest in juniors and physical bullion (with the exception of a few physical metal backed ETFs). I believe both present the highest upside potential in the current market. However, I don't think ETFs are the way to go. I believe hand selecting miners (if you know what you're doing) will drastically outperform any ETF junior miner.

Sep 21 08:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fed Meeting: Several Measures Needed For The Dollar To Fall [View article]
    Love the above comment Alex. I believe that's what happened during the bailouts and QE2 accept the only people allowed in the crowd were the employees of the global investment banks. Merry Christmas & Happy Bonuses.

Sep 21 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Bernanke Pull A Rabbit Out Of His Hat? [View article]
    Bernake does not have the tools or the knowledge to make a meaningful POSITIVE change to the economy. Any more funny business with QE-moneyprint will only have a negative impact on the dollar and drive us deeper into a poor economy.

Sep 21 10:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Contrarian Indicator That Says Gold's Run Isn't Over [View article]
    Beachbum40,

I've seen your comments on other commentary on gold. Most of your accusations and one-liners seem to me more tongue and cheek than factual analysis or interpretation that actually leads to any sort of value to the conversation.

I apologize if I come off as rude, as that is not my intention at all. I only want to add that I would enjoy seeing any and all commentary that adds to the discussion of gold and its movements founded on real data or conclusions based on real commentary.

I, for one, do NOT think that gold will "never go down" as you've pointed out. I do, however, think that a global shift in demand and mindset regarding fiat currency is taking place. People around the globe are seeing their hard earned money manipulated and debased by central banks around the world. It's not that "gold will never go down", it's more of an issue of will central banks ever respect their currency holders enough to protect their value long term. History shows this is not the case. Right now, and going into the future, this does not look to be the case either.

Sep 15 11:19 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment