This user currently has no profile.
I'm a Coast Guard veteran and now a full time student. CompSci major, math minor. Finance and markets have captivated my interest ever since I turned 18 and bore witness to the collapse of the housing market and the implosion of AIG and other reinsurance agencies. Then I watched the markets roar back in spite of the Great Recession, and the fiscal crisis in the E Zone. I began as a news junky pouring over bloomberg and CNBC but have realized that the media is superficial and only writes to be sensational. True investing is much deeper than the day to day mood swings of the market. At heart I'm a value investor and believe in shares as ownership of an excellent company, rather than a trade or even short term investment. I ...More believe in owning companies for the long haul and looking at stocks as businesses rather than tradable paper, as Warren Buffett does.
- Description: Occasional Investor. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Commodities, Dividend stock ideas & income, Stocks - long, Stocks - short
Currently, you have no company profile. Click edit to add a company profile.
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
$PGSVY Exited my stake for a loss. The recent oil price declines are threatening to make their business financially untenable for E&Ps Nov 3, 2014
Latest Comments more »
- It's just a wild guess but ... on U.S. Shale Oil: What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me S...
- I'm thinking the same thing... on U.S. Shale Oil: What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me S...
- Yeah they have. I have felt... on Himax +8.3% amid chip stock rally, Intel/Luxott...
- The pricing situation is wo... on Despite Recent Hiccup, Gilead Is Still A Blue C...
- I think so, I've added to m... on Petroleum Geo-Services: Will They Float On?
Latest comments on Grant Payne's Articles