Greg Feirman

View Greg Feirman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Loser's Strategy [View article]
    I would also say while you may be right about overall trends, we could be talking about timeframes in the hundreds of years. Since that is longer than your or my lifetime, it may be a losing trade for us in the here and now.
    Aug 5, 2013. 12:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Loser's Strategy [View article]
    Thank you!

Ned Davis said: "Do you want to be right or do you want to make money?" I am always trying to get better in order to do the latter. Have made some mistakes along the way. Will surely make more going forward. But hopefully get more right than wrong.

Thanks for the comment.
    Aug 5, 2013. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Loser's Strategy [View article]
    Valid point. Can't argue with the population decline in developed countries.

But how do you make it pay in the market? Very hard to do IMO.
    Aug 5, 2013. 12:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Loser's Strategy [View article]
    Well said. And that's the other side of the coin and why I have been bearish.

What I am trying to find is the right balance and for me that is becoming less bearish - though by no means am I a raging bull.

Further, I think it is very hard to make money on the short side. It is one thing to be in cash and another to be short. Shorting is very tough and that has been a hard learned lesson.
    Aug 5, 2013. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Loser's Strategy [View article]
    Great comment Tom.

I also found Niederhoffer's book somewhat overly clever. But the stuff on short selling resonated with me.

Congratulations on your investment success. I hope I will be experiencing more of that going forward.
    Aug 5, 2013. 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Ready For New Highs [View article]
    No doubt this market is crazy. I think you have to give it the benefit of the doubt since all corrections have been resolved to the upside and 1600/50 DMA held which was textbook technically. That said, if you read "How To Play A Stock Market Bubble", I will be taking profits and reevaluating at regular intervals.

Thanks for reading.
    Jun 10, 2013. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Get Ready For New Highs [View article]
    So far so good on DXJ. I was long Japan and got out before the correction. Back in and added quite a bit on Thursday.

I also looked at the calls but the premiums seemed high to me. Will take another look as I'd like to get some leverage on the position as well.

Thanks for reading.
    Jun 10, 2013. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Stock Market Bubble [View article]
    Thanks for your thoughts. I think we are much closer to the end of the cycle but credit to you to for stating your views so clearly.
    May 15, 2013. 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Stock Market Bubble [View article]
    I think I understand: If you invert the chart, you would say "Buy". That's what you're getting at?
    May 14, 2013. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Stock Market Bubble [View article]
    Where do you think we are in the process AuCoaster?
    May 14, 2013. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Stock Market Bubble [View article]
    What do you mean look at the charts from right to left?
    May 13, 2013. 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Stock Market Bubble [View article]
    Geez this game is tough, isn't it? Great comment.
    May 13, 2013. 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Stock Market Bubble [View article]
    Right: It's never different. And I think we're close too.
    May 13, 2013. 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Play A Stock Market Bubble [View article]
    Great comment. Congratulations on playing it right the last 4 years.
    May 13, 2013. 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some Perspective On Gold [View article]
    He tweeted today that he'd buy it here.
    Apr 15, 2013. 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment