Greg Feirman

View Greg Feirman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Need For Conviction And Patience [View article]
    bartpr: "I follow only short term moves now".

I think many have adapted the same strategy in the wake of insane volatility.

For me, I trade on various time scales. My overarching perspective is secular bull/secular bear which is a very long time horizon. Shorter term, I trade intermediate, multi month, swing moves based on techinicals and sentiment.

Thanks for the comment.
    Feb 19, 2013. 08:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Need For Conviction And Patience [View article]
    Amouna: That's usually how it works!

Thanks for reading.
    Feb 18, 2013. 05:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Need For Conviction And Patience [View article]
    Maverick Trader: Performance anxiety: it's the nature of the game.

LeBear: Thank you very much. Looking forward to your comments in the future.
    Feb 18, 2013. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Time To Shadow Invest In Dell [View article]
    Well done Jon!

I have done the same analysis as you and come to the same conclusion. Also a big fan of Southeastern Asset Management. This is a game changer IMO and the stock is not yet showing it - though it has perked up a little bit.
    Feb 12, 2013. 11:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Theories To Explain Apple's Nosedive [View article]
    Good comment.

Definitely agree that a change in the perception of the fundamentals was a catalyst for the decline.

The recent earnings report does suggest maturation, slowing revenue growth and margin compression as a result of competition. Likely no earnings growth this year as you say.

Still, they are the leader in this products at an incredible valuation. I like the stock here.
    Jan 30, 2013. 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Theories To Explain Apple's Nosedive [View article]
    It's hard to push around a stock with a market cap more than half a trillion.

The market is mass psychology. AAPL was going up so people piled on. Now it's going down so they bail and short it. It's not a satisfying explanation but in a lot of ways it's that simple.
    Jan 30, 2013. 10:26 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Theories To Explain Apple's Nosedive [View article]
    I bought on Thu, Fri and Tue. A lot.
    Jan 30, 2013. 10:20 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Theories To Explain Apple's Nosedive [View article]
    Massive bounce in AAPL coming IMO. Horrible sentiment completely out of proportion to fundamentals.
    Jan 30, 2013. 10:18 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Several Theories To Explain Apple's Nosedive [View article]
    "But now on any normal valuation measure, Apple's stock is about the most undervalued stock relative to cash, and earnings, in the market."

Agree.

Also thought Carter Worth's Fast Money segment - long AAPL, short SPY - was good.
    Jan 30, 2013. 10:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's Plunge Makes Sense [View article]
    Excellent article Alan. Clearly analysts taking down earnings estimates played a big role in AAPL's correction the last few months. It seems like the market is reflecting the idea that the days of big growth are in the rearview mirror. Still, valuation strikes me as an overshoot to the downside.
    Jan 24, 2013. 11:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Term - It's Time To Lighten Up On Stocks [View article]
    Excellent and timely piece Tim. Definitely agree we should expect a pullback sometime soon.

Not sure, however, that it will be "buyable" and only to the 50 DMA or so. IMO we may be setting up for something much nastier due to the disconnect between extreme sentiment and economic reality. I share some of Joseph Stueber's concerns from the comment above about the real economy. Curious about your thoughts or if you have addressed this elsewhere.

Best,

Greg
    Jan 19, 2013. 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Term - It's Time To Lighten Up On Stocks [View article]
    I think so too Tim. Excellent and timely piece.

That many don't like it simply proves your point: sentiment is too giddy and complacent.
    Jan 19, 2013. 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Term - It's Time To Lighten Up On Stocks [View article]
    Well said. I agree with you.
    Jan 19, 2013. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Worrying Wednesday: How Low Can Apple Go? [View article]

I don't think you can go wrong owning the precious metals given the way central banks are printing money without abandon.

The other play I like right now which I have tweeted about is short Facebook (FB). Long AAPL and Short FB is a great trade IMO:

Jan 18, 2013. 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Worrying Wednesday: How Low Can Apple Go? [View article]
    Good piece Phil.

I love Apple (AAPL) here too and wrote about it in my my most recent SeekingAlpha article. It's funny how people will buy it when it's going up and everybody else is but are too scared when a real opportunity presents itself. No guarantees but this is the best risk/reward in the market right now IMO.
    Jan 17, 2013. 08:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment