Greg_Womack

View Greg_Womack's Comments BY TICKER:
  • America's Energy Future: Challenges And Opportunities [View article]
    HI Bob. that's a good question. one that I need to do more research. However, check out Royal Dutch Shell (RDSA), one of the big integrated companies involved in LNG plants. Trading at 8 p/e, low debt, nice yld 4.4% and trading 10% off 52-week high.
    Mar 15, 2013. 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America's Energy Future: Challenges And Opportunities [View article]
    My error, instead of "monthly" volume declining, I meant "weekly" volume. thanks.
    Mar 15, 2013. 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America's Energy Future: Challenges And Opportunities [View article]
    Hi ephud. Yeah, there was little comment and no industry representation. What few comments were made about nuclear was that while it was more efficient form of energy, safety concerns (especially) since Japan's issue, is making it more difficult to build more facilities in U.S.; but China was aggressively building new plants. My view is the uranium miners have been in oversold conditions and are putting in a price bottom. Thanks for reading. GW
    Mar 15, 2013. 12:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America's Energy Future: Challenges And Opportunities [View article]
    Thanks for the spelling correction jackpot. I probably won't win any spelling bees (especially when one uses "spell check" as in this case), but I can spell 222%, which was my gain on LNG when I sold earlier this year. In my view a "speculative" stock is one that has no earnings and investors are "betting on the come"; in LNG's case, it has had a massive run up over the last 10 months, is extended in price and monthly volume is declining. A perfect setup for a possible pullback. Also, LNG has a beta of 2.1 (200% more volatile than the general market). But long term, I love the prospects and the exporting theme. If it pulls back below $20, I'm looking at going back in. Thanks for responding. GW
    Mar 15, 2013. 12:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Energy Expands Board Of Directors [View article]
    This is the first major step in getting the house in order. TPG got what they wanted. They can now focus on the necessary changes in expenditures and shoring-up the financials, and getting down to business. Ward still has the ability for the job, we'll see if he can stick around, or if he even wants to at this point. (I kind of imagine Ward and McClendon may team up somewhere down the line). I'm sure shareholders, and especially employees, can sleep a little better tonight with some of the uncertainty behind them.
    Mar 14, 2013. 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Laredo Petroleum Holdings Management Discusses Q4 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Another Oklahoma Energy gem. LPI is breaking its downtrend (up 6% today) on this news; and still trading 30% off its 52-week highs. Plenty of access to capital to focus on oil-rich Permian assets. More momentum in store for the this little producer? I think so.
    Mar 12, 2013. 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Almaden Minerals (AAU -6.1%) agrees to sell its 100% interest in four gold/silver properties in Mexico and two gold properties in Nevada to Tarsis Resources (TARSF.PK) for 4M common shares and a 2% net smelter returns royalty on any production from the projects. [View news story]
    must not be a good deal for AAU, stock down almost 6%. makes you wonder of it gave up some of the better assets...
    Mar 5, 2013. 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment