Gregory Vousvounis

View Gregory Vousvounis' Comments BY TICKER:
  • HopFed Bancorp: 50%-80% Upside Potential With A Catalyst Already In Play [View article]
    Thanks a lot for your comments. I have made a grave mistake and thus I have to apologize to you and all the other people that have already read this article:

It seems that I have been sloppy in my research about Stilwell. What I read about him proved to be incorrect. I have search his 13Fs over the last two years as I should have done from the start and here is the conclusion:

Although he has made many profitable trades and has forced management to either improve or return cash to shareholders or both, he hasn't managed to facilitate any mergers or takeovers so far.

So thanks again for your comments, your help in quickly correcting my mistake is highly appreciated. The appropriate passages will be corrected promptly.

Best Regards,
    Gregory Vousvounis
    Dec 22 06:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Well, after his nominee got elected on the board the company initiated a share buyback program, so yes he is probably aligned with other shareholders.

And he is a fairly successful activist in the community bank space and has managed to sell several banks to his and the other shareholders' benefit.
    Dec 22 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is Why Wal-Mart Will Beat Amazon At Its Own Game [View article]
    Thanks for your nice words and for pointing out the error! It will be corrected promptly.

Best Regards,
    Gregory
    Oct 22 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Is Why Wal-Mart Will Beat Amazon At Its Own Game [View article]
    I think 36 but this number is rapidly falling as more and more states change their laws to accommodate that.
    Oct 22 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Warren Buffett 'Mistake' That Has A Lot To Teach Us About Investing And IBM [View article]
    This is my article and I posted a link that might be useful to people that like to hear multiple views about this topic.

If you and some other commenters bothered to even read my article properly you'd understand that it is not if Buffett actually made a mistake.

It's about IBM and if it still has a healthy moat and if it offers a good investing opportunity.

If you guys just thought for a second instead of just making patronizing or sarcastic comments you'd see that the "Buffett made a mistake" theme was just the conversation starter.

I wonder did you even made it to the end of the second paragraph where I explain why I use the word "mistake"?
    Oct 14 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi everybody!

I want to inform you that a very good article has just been published by John Rhodes in response to this one arguing that IBM's moat is alive and kicking. I think you should take a look. It made me think hard about my own conclusions although I haven't changed my opinion yet.

Here's the link: http://seekingalpha.co...

My Best,
    Gregory
    Oct 14 06:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi everybody!

I'd like to inform you that a very good article has been published by John Rhodes in response to this one and that it makes some very good points about how alive and well IBM's moat is.

Here's the link: http://seekingalpha.co...

Check it out, it certainly made me think hard about my own conclusions.

My Best,
    Gregory
    Oct 14 06:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM Has A Moat Full Of Boiling Oil [View article]
    Thanks for the response John!

You certainly made me rethink the way I approach IBM as a potential investment. And although I didn't change any of my conclusions, I always love a good intellectual challenge.

Well done! I'm certainly looking forward to read more of your articles in the future.

My Best,
    Gregory
    Oct 14 06:29 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    As I understand Buffett has an average somewhere between $170-$180 and currently he is neither buying or selling (as far as we know from public fillings).

However in truth we can't know if he made a mistake because we can't be in his head. What I know though is that by buying IBM (a no-lasting-moat tech company) he probably made a move outside of the boundaries he placed on himself.

Thanks for posting!
    Oct 13 08:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nordion: A Healthcare Gem With An Excellent Risk-Reward Profile [View article]
    I know how you feel EGR. Sorry for that. Just for the record though I too am unhappy about the time I discovered this. I wish I had found it some months earlier when it was below $8/share and closer to $7.
    Sep 19 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Chris! It means a lot to me that you like this. I am a big fan of yours and an avid follower.
    Sep 19 09:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ternium SA: An Emerging Markets' Steel Maker With An Excellent Cost Structure And A Lot Of Potential [View article]
    Thanks for posting and the additional info! I will certainly look into both Gerdau and Southern Copper.

Best Regards,
    Gregory
    Aug 20 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Compass Minerals: A Basic Materials Company With No Commodity Risk [View article]
    MOP isn't an input product. MOP is the most widely used fertilizer product and SOP is a higher quality (and more expensive) substitute. Their prices are closely related. That's why these were bad news for CMP.
    Aug 1 05:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Recent news (http://bloom.bg/1aX4lZt) has it that the potash group is breaking up and a price war in MOP and SOP is beginning.

To compensate for that I would discount completely CMP's profits from the fertilizer segment by discounting all of its projected EPS figures by 30%. This brings the company's value range between $68 and $115 per share.

Despite this the company's profit growth rate should stay the same since the Salt segment grows rapidly too.

Keep in mind though that when the price war is over the company as a low cost producer will have substantially larger market share. I'm not putting any value to this scenario though because we don't know how long this price war will last.

Best Regards,
    Gregory
    Jul 31 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advisory Board: An Excellent But Expensive Company For Your To-Buy Watch-List [View article]
    Thanks for the input!