Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BHP Billiton: Increasingly Attractive For Dividend Investors After The Demerger [View article]
    Hi all,
    I am trying to find more information on South32 but unable to. Do they have a website? Google didn't find anything. What would be there ADS/ADR symbol? http://www.adr.com and adrbnymellon.com didn't find any.

Does anyone know when we might see the South32 shares in our brokerage account and when would the trading begin in the US? Thanks a lot!
    May 18, 2015. 06:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Challengers (And Near-Challengers): 25 Increases Expected By July 31 [View article]
    Thanks jrepasch. I will continue to hold NOV and will add more if it falls another 10% from current market price.
    May 17, 2015. 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. I am waiting for NOV and see if they freeze or even cut the dividend given the weak fundamentals in the oil services business. It would be really surprising to see a dividend increase this time around.
    May 17, 2015. 09:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Fake Bid For Rocket Fuel Is Just A Speed Bump On Its Way To Zero [View article]
    Perhaps Amazon?
    May 14, 2015. 12:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla's Amazing Powerwall Reservations [View article]
    I think this is a fair discussion - arguments from both side seem quite valid. I do feel that I had expected to see a current reservation number, i.e., what is my position in the queue, if you are willing to look at it that way.

I reserved a unit so give me some sort of number in the waiting list queue. I am assuming that not everyone gets one? Its not like a smartphone or LCD TV or a sedan which don't require reservation and can be bought by anyone. Reservation would mean that they will hold it for me and if I requested earlier then I have better chance than the guy who came after me.

Maybe they keep this record in their database but I would have liked them to tell me this. Right now the forms looks less like "Reservation" and more "Inquiry" form. The actual demand could be higher/lower than inquiries. There may be consumers like me who never go and ask for information/reserve. They wait for the product to be released and early adopters to post genuine reviews before deciding how useful it is.

I doubt I spend money on anything without reading 10-20 Amazon/newegg reviews (or Tripadvisor/Yelp if it is hotel/restaurant).
    May 11, 2015. 01:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm Still A Solid Dividend Growth Play Despite Declining Chip Sales [View article]
    Thanks for the article. It appears to me that if the company has to maintain a 15% dividend growth rate for next 2-3 years then the payout ratio will increase dramatically as the earnings will fall or be flat at best. This is a scary proposition at best.

The tech industry changes quickly and who knows what will be the trend in next 3 years? But it does appear that for the next 3 years Qualcomm will not be doing well but inching down slowly so how does this make it a solid dividend growth play? I am missing what is solid about the dividend growth?
    May 11, 2015. 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Learning From The Masters: Q&A Session With Chowder [View article]
    Hi UP, many thanks. Looking at the list now.
    May 10, 2015. 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Learning From The Masters: Q&A Session With Chowder [View article]
    Thanks for the great interview and excellent comments stream. Does anybody have stocks that pass the "Chowder test" or are close? Would like to keep an eye out.. I don't see many in the current market.
    May 10, 2015. 05:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn: Shake It Off [View article]
    How can we continue to look at non-GAAP? It is 82x forward earnings that do not include real costs such as stock-based compensation. Will they stop issuing new stock? No, then this is a recurring expense and we shouldn't ignore it.

GAAP is there for a reason and there are investors who use that for other non-tech non-hypergrowth stocks. I would use similar principles for LinkedIn as well. Show me the money - show we real profits.

Wasn't Lynda supposed to contribute tens of millions of dollars to current year revenue itself? What happened?
    May 4, 2015. 08:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn -23.9%; weak guidance blamed on forex, ads, job services, Lynda.com [View news story]
    Pre-acquisition they could do $200M but after acquisition they can only do $20M. Simple. <wink><wink>
    May 1, 2015. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LinkedIn Announces First Quarter 2015 Results [View article]
    Needs to be deflated even more. They continue to lose money every quarter. Why would we not look at GAAP and ignore stock-based compensation? Why even have GAAP?

Can they earn $1.5 even on non-GAAP basis in a year? Why would the P/E on non-GAAP basis be more than 20? Shouldn't this be a $30 stock?
    May 1, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Finally some sense. LinkedIn is a <$50 stock given how it is burning cash on sales and marketing with no profits in sight.
    May 1, 2015. 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom Still Undervalued, And With Cards To Play [View article]
    Altera made some sense for Intel - keep their foundries busy and running. Broadcom process is more suited to TSMC, SMIC, UMC etc. It would be much harder switch to Intel process node.

Scott wouldn't have the final word. It would be Henry Samueli, I would imagine.
    Apr 29, 2015. 07:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom Still Undervalued, And With Cards To Play [View article]
    Do you think the two Henrys want to sell out? Not sure what Nicholas has been doing in last ~6-7 years after he was forced out but he perhaps still holds a huge chunk of the stock.

Qualcomm might make sense now that Broadcom got out of baseband business.
    Apr 29, 2015. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle's Bad News Adds Uncertainty That Is Not Worth The Price [View article]
    I agree - I see Chipotle coming doing below $550 in the current quarter. Profit growth will come down to 30% Q-on-Q by end of the year and the P/E will come down as well. I would see now if I had any investment.
    Apr 23, 2015. 10:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment