Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    The expectations were not only analysts. If I remember correctly (no link, just vague memory), Netflix had expected more subscribers themselves. And they failed. Reed Hastings had some video interview linked from Yahoo where he was doing a song-dance show last night explaining why the growth didn't come.

Subscriber growth slow means the rate is slowing. In any case, no point splitting hairs right now.

Current obligations are not on original new series. They are due to bidding war between Amazon and Netflix on old content. And the rights to acquire foreign language programming for their International expansion. Nothing to do with Orange is new Black, House of Cards, Adam Sandler etc. At all. Those are still in hundreds of millions of dollars. The rest is all billions of dollars.

Huge off-balance sheet liability that will really be bad if international growth slows down a little.
    Oct 16 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Key Points The Bears Miss [View article]
    Thanks Amit. This helps.

I too am looking forward to Netflix being less than $200 :) My portfolio is far too diversified leading to sub-optimal returns, i.e., tracks S&P 500 over the last 5-6 years that I have been in the market. I am hoping to control the number.
    Oct 16 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Roth Conversion Odyssey (Part 1) [View article]
    Yes, as far as I understand. I did that. I earn more than the limits so contributed post-tax to Traditional IRA, i.e., no tax benefit but then was immediately able to convert to Roth IRA. Now I have $5500 in Roth IRA that will grow tax-free!! I have done that for last 3 years now in my wife's and my name.
    Oct 15 09:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix blames subscriber miss on price hike, defends international spend [View news story]
    I dropped my Netflix account. Kids whined for a week but then forgot about it. There really isn't anything to watch there. I have HBO Go via an AT&T internet plan (U-verse) that is as good as free for us.
    Oct 15 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cash flow will trail EPS. And yet the stock is more than $300. EPS for a full year will not even reach $4. Why should one give them a P/E of more than 20 when content obligation costs are $9 billion right now?

This stock should be less than $100. Where are the likes of David Einhorn? Isn't there a killing to be made here with the current volatility and out-of-favor momentum stocks?
    Oct 15 09:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: Key Points The Bears Miss [View article]
    Hmm. Netflix is down 25% after hours today after showing declining subscriber growth and EPS of 96cents. Content obligations are now $9B almost.

Bill and others - what do you make of this Q3 report? Should an investor hold on or exit now? Is it expected to go down a bit further? I understand no one has a crystal ball but how is it looking to most?

Amit Ghate - what do you think? will you cover your short now or wait for further drop?
    Oct 15 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    Unfortunately, subscriber growth did slow down and the stock is almost 25% down after hours. Perhaps wouldn't fall as much tomorrow in regular trading? EPS too came in short at 96c.

To me one thing struck that content obligation costs are now up to almost $9B. Isn't that cause for a bigger concern than spending on new series/in-house content?
    Oct 15 08:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Know When A REIT Is Worth Buying [View article]
    Thanks Brad. I look forward to the piece. I had a few shares and sold out at $16 and am trying to figure out if I should ever re-enter or be contend with what I earned already :-)
    Oct 13 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Know When A REIT Is Worth Buying [View article]
    Thanks for the great article (as usual). Have you looked at NRF and NSAM (they split recently as you know obviously). The stock price has gone up quite well in recent years and the dividend is good too.

Any views/comments?
    Oct 13 07:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Fastenal Announces Earnings, But Shares Drop As Weak Gross Margins Continue [View article]
    Thanks for the update.
    Oct 13 07:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Investors Take CSX's Shares For A Ride Before Earnings Or Is Norfolk Southern Better? [View article]
    Rich,

What does UNCK:24hrs mean?

Are rails as much regulated as utes? Also, is it possible that rails will see more growth in coming few years as they are efficient at what they do and there is a shortage of rail routes, cars, depots and everything else to transport oil and other commodities. However, utes will probably see no such growth?

Thanks for your views and comments.
    Oct 12 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dividend Growth Stocks From Sweden [View article]
    God - Thanks for the list. I looked at Halma and find it interesting and I will look more closely now.

Whitbread too is quite good with an exciting dividend growth history though the current yield is less than 1.5%.

Greggs Bakery appears like a solid business. Do you use their breads and products? Do you think they can continue to grow topline and profits (and dividends eventually).

Thanks again for the discussion.
    Oct 5 07:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For October 2014 [View article]
    Thanks David - I am honored to see that you got these two stocks from my articles. How did you collect the dividend figures in dollars? What source/website do you use? Thanks and regards,
    Oct 2 11:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dividend Growth Stocks From Sweden [View article]
    I will respond in more detail later but thanks for the list. I really like it. A few of them are on my watchlist or I already own them.

Just a quick note - check Tesco Plc again. I thought they cut their dividend recently. I will not go near them. Handelsbanken is one of my favorite and I am looking at Roche as well. Novo is too high for me. Always been but its the best of the breed.
    Sep 30 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dividend Growth Stocks From Sweden [View article]
    Hello God,
    Nordic ETF is a great opportunity as well. There are always people who prefer individual stocks and those that like ETF. I think both work.

I like the top-10 holdings of GXF except that it has a lot of Novo Nordisk but that is too expensive right (in my humble opinion).
    Sep 30 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment