Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Chipotle: Investors Should Embrace Another 20% Decline [View article]
    thanks for the article. I don't think that 24x 2016 EPS would be any more reasonable though. I think 18-20X 2016 EPS would be far more reasonable so I wouldn't buy until the stock is well below $450.
    Jul 8, 2015. 07:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mining The Euro Dividend All-Stars List For Hidden Gems [View article]
    Booban - what Swedish stocks would you buy at current market prices? Ericsson? Assa Abloy? Nordea Bank? Atlas Copco?
    Jul 1, 2015. 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • And So It Begins - Greek Banks Get Shut Down For A Week And A 'Grexit' Is Now Probable [View article]
    Thanks Ducaticorse. This is definitely helpful.
    Jun 29, 2015. 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Cash Going To Be King If Greece Defaults? [View article]
    I actually don't understand a few things about the current problems faced by Greece and would appreciate if anyone can explain in simple terms:

- Why does the euro fall if Greece exits the common currency?

- Why do the global markets care so much whether Greece is part of the common currency or not?

- How does it effect the global economy?

- Why do the German or French stocks fall so much and similarly why do the US stocks come down?

- Why and how are we so dependent on Greece which has such a small percentage of GDP and even little percentage of global market capitalization of stock markets?
    Jun 29, 2015. 07:25 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment

- Why does the euro fall if Greece exits the common currency?

- How does it effect the global economy?

How are we so dependent on Greece with has such a small percentage of GDP or global market capitalization of stock markets?
    Jun 29, 2015. 07:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill - A SWOT Analysis [View article]
    Thanks for the article.

BTW - the company is called Seadrill and not SeaDrill. Minor point but worth noting.
    Jun 16, 2015. 10:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Fastenal's Lack Of Excess Is Troubling [View article]
    Thanks Cory. So I see that your view slightly since April? Is there anything that you find at a good value?
    Jun 12, 2015. 07:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TESSCO Technologies: 4.2% Dividend Yield For Small-Cap Takeover Target [View article]
    Thanks. I have owned the stock for 3 years but its been disappointing. They are unable to take advantage of the boom in electronics and communications all over the place. Net profit margin is thin and EPS has declined for last couple of years. No strategy is obvious. I will get out on the next upswing but hold and take the 4% dividend in the meantime. I wouldn't buy more at above $15.
    Jun 3, 2015. 07:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Internal Compounding Generates Real Income: A Brief Case Study Featuring Roper Technologies [View article]
    Thanks Paul. PII looks like a great company and stock. I will continue to watch it.
    Jun 2, 2015. 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Excellent article. Thanks Paul. I wish I could identify even one such company :-) I have money to invest now but can't seem to find a company that is growing decently but less than trailing P/E of 20. Maybe I do need to pay more.

On the other hand, it appears that market is ripe for a significant correction so can't force myself to buy anything at current all-time high.
    Jun 1, 2015. 09:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avago-Broadcom: The Urge To Merge [View article]
    Samsung already has the GS6, correct? They are expected to launch the Note 5 in Fall. Intel is reportedly making the offer as we speak.

What happens to all the cash that Broadcom has right now?
    Jun 1, 2015. 07:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Avago Be A Rock In A Turbulent Semiconductor Sea? [View article]
    Thanks. I wonder what happens to Scott McGregor. Does anyone know if Henry Nicolas still holds stock? He and Samueli used to own 30% each in the early part of the century.

Also - do you think it makes sense to sell Broadcom at this price or wait for the cash and the Avago shares? I had a limit sell order that executed at $48 on Thursday but I still have a few shares left. Am tempted to sell all since I didn't see value at $48 :-)

Also, I wonder if most merger Broadcom Limited (the new name?) will sell out the STB division. If so, I would imagine that Arris and/or ST would be front runners?
    May 30, 2015. 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Avago Be A Rock In A Turbulent Semiconductor Sea? [View article]
    Avago had annual revenue of $4b and Broadcom has $8b. Bit strange.
    May 30, 2015. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lincoln Electric: Great Dividend Growth Investment [View article]
    Great article. Thanks.

Any discussion about competitors and the impact of currency in the coming quarters? It seems that a lot of the revenue and profits come from outside the US?

Any some discussion about their products and continued competitiveness compared to other major players would really help. I see Colfax, Illinois Tool Works and a few others becoming strong as well. The move to automated welding should help LECO though. I would buy LECO if the stocks falls at least 15% from current price as it is tied to the economy and can get a bit cyclical so I wouldn't want to pay more than 15-17 trailing P/E and 13-14 forward P/E
    May 25, 2015. 08:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom Is Healthy But Overvalued [View article]
    Broadcom will acquire a small company or be acquired by Intel or perhaps even Qualcomm.
    May 23, 2015. 09:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment