Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Effects Of Withholding Rates And Foreign Tax Credit Structures [View article]
    Well it is not that simple. You can't claim all the withheld taxes. Suppose more than $600 were withheld by the foreign country on dividends paid. Then you need to file Form 1116 which is quite complex and you don't get to claim a credit for all taxes withheld.
    Feb 24, 2015. 09:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sweden Cuts Interest Rates Below Zero For The First Time [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Any views on Swedish stocks? What might be the impact on the Swedisk krona? Time to sell Swedish stocks or buy them?
    Feb 20, 2015. 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ABB Facing Power Outages In Multiple End Markets [View article]
    I am with Scottrade and have two Swiss stocks. No withholding for ABB but 15% for STM.
    Feb 18, 2015. 08:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northstar Realty Finance: A 9% Dividend Gem That Long-Term Income Investors Need To Consider [View article]
    Thanks for the article. You wrote "lose money from the Federal...". I think it should be loose money.

Also, what is the difference between mREIT and REIT? And how is NRF different from NNN or O or WPC?
    Feb 18, 2015. 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Grexit Is Beneficial To Greece But Will Not Happen [View article]
    Thanks for your views. I understand that no-one knows what will happen :-) To me it appeared that this time Greece will indeed default and euro will fall in value (whether for 1 month or 1 year, no ideas).
    Feb 17, 2015. 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does LyondellBasell Deserve To Be Treated As A Pure Oil Company? [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Do you feel concerned about the bankruptcy a few years back?
    Feb 17, 2015. 10:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Grexit Is Beneficial To Greece But Will Not Happen [View article]
    What do you think of a possible exit now? The rhetoric is increasing every day and especially with the failure of the latest talks in Brussels. Any opinions about a possible debt default by early March?
    Feb 17, 2015. 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Would Not Build A Retirement Portfolio On Procter & Gamble [View article]
    Thanks for the article. You got yourself a new follower!! So the not-so-feel-good article felt good to at least one reader. I am now reading through some of your past articles.
    Feb 17, 2015. 09:53 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GDF Suez Shares Should Get Re-Rated [View article]
    Nikola - I am a shareholder and 30% is withheld for me.
    Feb 17, 2015. 06:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dr Pepper Snapple: Growing Market Share, Buying Back Stock And Raising Dividends [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Do you think that DPS can be an acquisition target at a much higher price?
    Feb 12, 2015. 06:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Buy: National Oilwell Varco [View article]
    I bought 25 shares of NOV at $52.75! :-)
    Feb 10, 2015. 07:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Aristocrat Chevron And I Have Parted Company - Here's Why [View article]
    Thanks for the article. You have a new follower! I saw your other symbols - ROP, THO, FOSL, CASY. These were all new names for me and I see their amazing total returns.

Do you have more such stocks to put on the watchlist? The current prices suggests that they are all fairly valued or even overvalued perhaps? I would rather wait and get a good price but then of course, I may never buy a good growing company... Story of my life.

Thanks again. I learnt a lot and look forward to more of your articles and comments.
    Feb 8, 2015. 08:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 By 10 Revisited: The Interaction Of Dividend Yield And Growth [View article]
    Thanks David and Chowder. These are very useful suggestions. I am looking at them and will buy a few of these.
    Feb 7, 2015. 06:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle: Deja Vu Part II [View article]
    Thanks. Do you know which are the number 1 and 2 restaurants as per the teens?
    Feb 7, 2015. 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks a lot for the article. The information presented and the comment stream is very useful to me.

I recently received our annual bonus from the employer and have been looking to invest this money. I am buying them slowly and not everything in a day or a week. Do you or other fellow investors have stocks that you would buy at current prices? Thanks much.
    Feb 7, 2015. 08:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment