Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The NorthStar Realty Finance Spin-Off Arrives, Is No Massive Bargain [View article]
    I tried to read the Investor Relations announcement on the NRFC website but couldn't figure out when is Ex-date to receive shares of NSAM? If I buy NRF today at $17.50 then do I get shares of the new entity or not?

From their website (http://bit.ly/1nYLkLF;highlight=):
    "Trading Before the Distribution Date
    The NYSE has informed NorthStar Realty that, in connection with the Spin-Off, there will be three trading markets expected on Friday, June 27, 2014 and Monday, June 30, 2014:
    In the "regular way" trading market (NYSE: NRF), shares of NorthStar Realty common stock will trade with the right to the NSAM common shares in the Distribution.
    In the "ex-distribution" market (NYSE: NRF WI), shares of NorthStar Realty common stock will trade without the right to receive shares of NSAM in the Distribution and on a post NorthStar Realty reverse stock split basis.
    In the "when-issued" market (NYSE: NSAM WI), the right to the NSAM common shares to be distributed on the Distribution Date and on a post NorthStar Realty reverse stock split basis."
    Jun 30 10:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix: $35 Billion In Revenue Is Attainable By 2024 [View article]
    I read Alex Cho for the first time today and must say was surprised by his replies in the comments stream. Wow! There isn't another author here on SA with such an ego.
    Jun 27 04:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Diversification Lead To Lower Quality Of Investments In Dividend Portfolios? [View article]
    I too am looking for quality at attractive price but didn't find any. Would like to see if others find some.
    Jun 27 01:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Yara International Offers A Tricky Balance Of Quality And Value [View article]
    I too am floored (like Mike). You are the number 1 author on SA, according to my humble opinion.

I have been an investor for a year or so. I have a buy order at $40 and a sell order at $54 (if I remember correctly). Am happy to hold the few shares that I have in the meantime. I had intended to buy more around $37-38 when the stock was falling last year but never got those.

By the way, how does Ukraine affect the fertilizer market? Separately - have you looked at Assa Abloy, SKF or Sandvik from Sweden?
    Jun 25 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Want To Find Alpha In This Market? Invest Abroad [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I think that none of these foreign stocks are priced in the "fair" territory. They all seem to be around P/E of 20 or higher with dividend yields in the 2-3% in general. I would like to enter a stock with P/E less than 15 and yield > 4% and growth of dividend for at least 5 years in last 6 years.
    Jun 23 04:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Yield Vs. Dividend Growth Revisited - Does It Matter? [View article]
    Thanks chowder for the detailed discussion. I am also looking for a few foreign stocks that may be out of favor right now due to various international geo-political situations.
    Jun 22 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Yield Vs. Dividend Growth Revisited - Does It Matter? [View article]
    chowder - are there other stocks (besides ROST) that you may consider buying these days? for total returns, dividend growth, yield or speculative positions? I recently sold a few stocks and have some savings that I want to invest and am looking for ideas that are in buy-zone.

Best regards,
    Jun 21 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Broadcom's Bullish Run Isn't Over Yet [View article]
    I am also confused. Like Ashraf said, they want to get out of baseband, that is the Beecem and LTE and everything else that you say will bring them money.
    Jun 20 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Intel Impossibly Leaky? [View article]
    For a medium-term to long-term investor, is now a good time to sell some holdings? I bought Intel around $20-22 and am wondering if I should sell half or 30% perhaps? Any thoughts/views.
    Jun 13 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Of The Best Dividend Aristocrats [View article]
    Jun 11 07:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Under-followed Dividend Stocks From Finland [View article]
    Hi there!

Unfortunately, no. I haven't ever looked at Orion before. I am reading about them now but don't know enough to add any value.
    Jun 2 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Dividend Growth Portfolio's 6th Birthday Report [View article]
    Thanks for the article and transparency. You have done very well. Congratulations.

I would like to hear if you feel that a similar goal is achievable starting today. The market is at all-time high and the current yields are low. For example, are there stocks that you feel are fairly valued today? I was recently looking to invest extra savings recently and only found oil drilling stocks to be depressed. Everything else appeared a bit too rich for my personal comfort level.

I am trying to figure out if I am being too conservative by holding cash and not slowing buying DGI stocks for the next 5-15 years.

Thanks again!
    Jun 1 08:15 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Intriguing Investment Ideas [View article]
    Are there stocks that you are buying these days? Which ones? Thanks!
    May 30 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom: Mobile Is Slowing Intrinsic Value Convergence [View article]
    All the smart things and IoT can't get them enough revenue and profits as they need. These are noise compared to the mobile baseband signal. And that is missing. Broadcom story is not very attractive. They just aren't selling enough in 4G space - modems or app processors.
    May 25 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Throwing Babies Out With Bathwater [View article]
    So how do you identify the McDonalds and Disney of 1970s? Surely you are not suggesting that Pfizer and Bank of America are such companies, correct?

Which might be the companies worth holding for next 10-15-20 years? Anyone?
    May 22 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment