Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • More Great Dividend Stocks From Great Britain [View article]
    Thanks Rincon. Appreciate the words of encouragement. I am planning to write couple more articles on stocks from the UK.
    Jan 26 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Great Dividend Stocks From Great Britain [View article]
    My limit order to purchase ESV executed today and I am now a proud owner of Ensco stock! I have now placed another limit buy order at $47.
    Jan 24 11:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • More Great Dividend Stocks From Great Britain [View article]
    Yes - I have the same concerns. Right now I haven't had a chance to dig deeper to confirm that the fundamentals haven't changed. I will let you know if I find otherwise. For now, I am assuming that the long-term fundamentals remain strong and that I wish to benefit from Mr. Market's mood swings.
    Jan 23 08:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Great Dividend Stocks From Great Britain [View article]
    ESV has been quite weak in the last few weeks. As a result it fell more during a weak market day. That's my simple take. I do have my open buy order at $51. Maybe I will get some tomorrow?

There is a report from USB today also that may explain the fall? But then its hard to understand how Mr. Market really works.
    "Ultra-deepwater drillers entering a near-term bear cycle, says UBS
    UBS believes ultra-deepwater market is entering a period of over-supply and that the jackup markets will reach oversupply in 2015. The firm believes there could be a 12-18 month downturn as new rigs enter the market and E&P spending slows. The firm expects stock prices to remain under pressure and reduced estimates and downgraded Rowan Companies (RDC) to Neutral from Buy, and cut estimates for Diamond Offshore (DO), Ensco (ESV), Noble Corp. (NE), and Transocean (RIG)."
    Jan 23 04:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • More Great Dividend Stocks From Great Britain [View article]
    Good point, pipbel. Forward yield is higher than the trailing yield for ESV. It is substantially higher because of their 50% increase. Most companies the difference is minimal as the growth is 5-10% only.
    Jan 23 01:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Great Dividend Stocks From Great Britain [View article]
    Thanks Joe. Are you invested in the UK or Europe? What are you investing in these days?
    Jan 23 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Great Dividend Stocks From Great Britain [View article]
    Thanks RoOnTheRun. What other European stocks interest you? You must be enjoying your ESV dividends. Happy Investing!!
    Jan 23 06:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    SA just published part 2 of the article with six more British stocks:
    Jan 23 06:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    I hear what you are saying and feel that this isn't the end. We may see even a bigger cut in 2014. It may be another 2 years before we see some growth back at AZN.
    Jan 22 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    I am with you, Rincon. I think there are enough signs of caution when it comes to big pharma and AZN is really facing steep patent cliff right now.

Having said that, in my personal books, AZN has not got dividend yet. I don't want to use the calendar year for foreign stocks. David Fish chooses to do that to keep things uniform and straightforward but he is largely focused on American stocks where company pay regular dividends and most pay quarterly.

Foreign companies often pay one single dividend and those are relatively easy to handle. However, there are quite a few foreign companies that pay an interim dividend and then a final dividend based on actual profits. I want to use these two numbers and not limit to a calendar year. As an example, the dividends I will consider for AZN are as follows. But either way, your point remains valid about need for caution.

2013: XX + 59.2
    2012: 120.5 + 58.1
    2011: 123.6 + 51.9
    2010: 116.7 + 44.9
    2009: 105.4 + 36.0
    2008: 104.8 + 27.8
    2007: 67.7 + 25.3
    Jan 22 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    Right Vern :-) I don't look at the typical emerging market stocks like China, Russia, India, Brazil, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria etc. Even South Korea doesn't appear trustworthy or confidence inspiring to me. Some of the chaebols there aren't transparent about their financial reporting and accounting.

But UK, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland are attractive for me.
    Jan 22 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    We don't know. Obviously, there was a huge potential for total returns after the drop 3 years back. Some people took the risk and bought and they were adequately rewarded. I was too risk averse. The same may be true now as well. Various public and government cases against BP keep getting discussed and it is not certain that BP wouldn't have to make substantial payments to settle these.
    Jan 22 06:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    That's a fair point, Dividend Investor. We don't know the future so I want to diversify. I don't want to risk my future with the success of economic policies of the US. Current easy money policies (QE) could help US retain its lead over the rest of the world or could lead to troubled times ahead.

I also don't want to have home country bias. I feel that there are definitely great dividend stocks outside the US and I want to invest in them and not rule them out just because they are not American.
    Jan 22 06:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    Oh no. I didn't think it was criticism at all. Sorry, if my reply sounded like that. Absolutely not. I appreciate the discussion and pointer towards IHG. I did try to read your article but am not a paying member so couldn't benefit.

Separately - I started following you yesterday after taking a quick peek at two other articles. I do plan to read others as and when time permits.
    Jan 21 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Dividend Growth Stocks From United Kingdom [View article]
    Hi DAG1996,

I don't plan to leave out IHG. I do have it in my spreadsheet with a good history of dividend growth. I plan to include it in my next article on more dividend stocks from UK. Perhaps this coming weekend. I have about 16-17 stocks from UK that I follow closely based on their dividend history.
    Jan 21 02:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment