Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • GlaxoSmithKline: The Bad Isn't All That Bad [View article]
    Thanks for the article but I am a bit confused. Is the consumer healthcare business being spun off or not? It appears that Novartis and GSK are forming a new company. If so, then contribution of consumer healthcare to GSK can't be 24%?

For example, you said: "As well, the GlaxoSmithKline-Novartis consumer healthcare business will be the second largest consumer healthcare company in the world -- behind only Johnson & Johnson."

Will that be for the new company? Will that get listed independently? A bit lost.
    Aug 22 07:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Own National Presto Industries [View article]
    Well, I have been holding for last 3 years. Bought it when dividend was more than $8 per share and now it is $5. I expect it to further reduce to $4 this year due to poor results so far. Or it may drop even to $3.5.
    Aug 20 10:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Own National Presto Industries [View article]
    Are you worried that dividend has been coming down? 8.25 to 6 to 5.05. Also earnings declined by 50% so yes, the dividend might get cut again.

Also, they put dividend just once a year so hard to hold and then suddenly see the dividend being cut. They are not investor friendly at all.
    Aug 19 07:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Amazon Fire Phone Will Probably Do Even Worse Than Expected [View article]
    Actually, Amazon phone has no custom 3D parts that require it to order 7 million parts at TSMC. In any case, the number of chips depends on the area and technology. Alex Cho doesn't quite know about this semiconductor business.
    Aug 17 09:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Continue To Expect A 7% Dividend And Growth From Admiral [View article]
    Thanks for the update. Admiral is a great company but the dividend payout ratio is a bit too high right now.
    Aug 14 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Loony Is It Getting? Three Tales From The Deep [View article]
    Sorry but I didn't quite understand what Enders analysis is doing. Is the person taking FCF and subtracting capex from it? Is that the issue?

Is the issue that now they are plotting (Operating Cash Flow - 2*capex)? Or is Enders really just plotting Operating Cash flow?

What does FCF ex capex mean in Enders/Evans website?
    Aug 14 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Loony Is It Getting? Three Tales From The Deep [View article]

What does FCF ex capex mean in Enders/Evans website?
    Aug 14 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom: Buying Opportunity In A Growth Dividend Stock [View article]
    Broadcom has always been a great opportunity -- it just never gets there. Just a trap. Management has failed time and again. Too much difference in GAAP vs. non-GAAP results. Dividend growth is anemic and declining every year. 4c growth every year means that it is growing at a smaller rate. 11%->10%->9% growth.
    Aug 13 06:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: The Fire Phone Flops Like A Dying Fish [View article]
    The next-gen Fire phone will be a major step up. Most of the design is already done and the hardware platform and components are being finalized and evaluated. There will be a stereo camera for 3D depth perception on the rear side. Much like the Google Project Tango phone and tablet. That will be a big game changer.

I am short the stock and obviously sitting on a huge paper loss (more than profits that I have made in many other stocks combined). So I follow Amazon quite closely and do feel concerned about the potential for the v2 of the phone.
    Aug 11 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BRF SA Doing A Lot More With Less [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I too liked them initially but then decided against investing in Brazil given the currency risks and the socialist tendencies of the government.
    Aug 5 09:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Frothy Market Has Nothing To Do With Investing In Individual Stocks [View article]
    But the TTM P/E is so high right now :-)
    Aug 1 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle: One Overstuffed Burrito [View article]
    Same experience here. I have stopped going to Chipotle. Taste is hit or miss and there are other options in the $7-8 range that are more satisfying for lunch.
    Jul 26 05:09 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlas Copco Is Great Everywhere But In Value [View article]
    Thanks. So who is a major player in the compressor stations and MRO etc.?
    Jul 5 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dover Still Excellent, But Not Currently A Bargain [View article]
    I sold some of the industrial companies in the last 1 year and missed out on the large gains that I could have been sitting on. I sold 3M way too early at $110, LMT at $90, RTN at $80, PCP at $120, ITW and so forth. I had bought all these in Nov 08-Mar 09 time frame so did make money but now don't know where to put my money :-)

Still holding on to DOV, NOV, PH, ATLCY, ABB, GE, SIEGY and a few more. but quite a few of these do look in the richly valued zone (of course other sectors look the same and I sold my JNJ, PEP and a few more).
    Jul 5 08:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dover Still Excellent, But Not Currently A Bargain [View article]
    Scooter-Pop - I think your TDA account isn't using the starting point correctly. You didn't lose anything yet when the company was split. How can I say this? Just look at the value of the combined shares after the split happened and compare to the pre-split entity before the day of the de-merger.

KN - I think it is a fine company and I am thinking of buying some more if the price comes down to $27 or a bit lower. I do want to see a full year of results but may not wait that long. I think they are really doing well in the smartphones/tablets space with their new sensors and microphones etc. It is a tough business to compete with the Chinese, Taiwanese etc. but a business that is still growing though with pressured margins. I would have already bought it if the management indicated desire to pay dividends. Now that I haven't seen dividends, I need to make sure there is sufficient growth story.
    Jul 5 08:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment