Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 9 Sectors, 9 Great Dividend Stock Picks for 2011 [View article]
    I think "Iknownothing" is talking about BBK.
    Feb 17 09:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alliant Techsystems: It's Not Rocket Science to See the Value [View article]
    Thanks for the article. The dividend payout is extremely small - 10% of earnings, even smaller percent of cash flow.
    Feb 17 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short or Long? Delving Into Netflix Financials [View article]
    Thanks - by the way, I was asking if Netflix streaming will carry advertisements just the way Youtube or Hulu carries today. That every few minutes there will be an ad or something at the bottom of the screen etc.
    Feb 17 06:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Short or Long? Delving Into Netflix Financials [View article]
    Right now there are no ads on Netflix - if they start putting those, wouldn't Netflix improve their margins without getting new subscribers and/or reduction in content costs?

Does Netflix have the pricing power to increase rates by 10-20% and not lose more than 2-3% of current subscribers?

I am short Netflix since $170 so the current price really hurts. But I am willing to hold and keep paying Hard-to-borrow fees to Zecco. That hurts too but I am convinced that Netflix will fall in the next 1-3 years.
    Feb 16 07:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 30 Companies Expected to Increase Their Dividends in March [View article]
    As George Fisher said - so many companies, so little cash. It is easy to have a feeling of "missing the boat" and loading up on too many companies (over-diversification, if that is even possible). I am guilty of this - own 40+ stocks!

Thanks David.
    Feb 16 12:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Blue Chip Dividend Stocks for an Inflation-Proof Portfolio [View article]
    Great list though heavy on pharma and under on industrials (EMR, PH, LECO, ITW, MMM, PPG, APD, RPM etc.)
    Feb 16 09:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 12 Industrial Strength Dividend Stocks [View article]
    My other favorites in this sector - PH, DOV, LECO
    Feb 16 09:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • South Korea: Emerging Market Exposure at a Discount [View article]
    Are there better direct stock plays? South Korean ADRs instead of an ETF? Preferably with solid balance sheet and dividend paying records.
    Feb 16 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Retail Properties: A Well Balanced REIT [View article]
    Thanks Brad. How about comparing NNN to other companies like O, NLY and CIM? Thanks in advance.

I will talk to some CFP and/or research online to figure out where to buy the stocks - regular account or IRA.
    Feb 16 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hudson City Bancorp: Great Buying Opportunity or Bear Trap? [View article]
    Thanks. A great article. Have you looked at NYB also? I am long HCBK but am thinking of investing in another regional bank.
    Feb 16 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Retail Properties: A Well Balanced REIT [View article]
    Would it better to hold NNN in an IRA account (Rollover 401k) or traditional taxable account or it doesn't matter? I understand taxes issues are complex and best discussed with a CFP but any tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Feb 16 06:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Whitney Tilson and Reed Hastings Are Both Wrong, And Both Right, About Netflix [View article]
    I am with slickvguy on thoughts about shorting. I personally have shorted only one stock in my investing history of 4 years but I do not agree with the thought process that says shorts are speculative. Value investing could be both in my opinion. If a stock is great value then I buy it and if I think that the stock is really poor value then I short it.
    Feb 12 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 13 Emerging Market Dividend Stocks Worthy of a Closer Look [View article]
    Hi,
    I have received the following dividends since I bought the shares in Sep 2008:

12-May-09 1.7356
    9-Oct-09 1.99085
    7-May-10 2.2968
    13-Oct-10 2.8204

So that would give the 6.95% trailing yield that No Free Cake computed.
    Feb 12 07:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 13 Emerging Market Dividend Stocks Worthy of a Closer Look [View article]
    No, I got a bit worried but no, I don't have any details or insight. I am hoping that cash flow is more than earnings
    Feb 11 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Waste Connections: Finding Treasure in the Trash [View article]
    Thanks. The P/E is 17.7 two years out. So that is too rich for my personal comfort level. I would stay on the sidelines.
    Feb 11 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment