Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Realty Income: An Exceptional REIT With a Strong Margin of Safety [View article]
    chowder - I think tweedn may have wanted to say that he is "under-allocated" in the REIT sector and that he wants to buy into the sector. He has been talking about sector allocation and sector rotation as well. And whether to put REIT into the financial bucket or not etc. I don't think he is short. Guessing though!!
    May 3 09:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dorman Products: Why This Small-Cap Automotive Stock Will Keep Growing [View article]
    Thanks Ian. I had not heard about Dorman but looked at some financial numbers just now. This looks like an extremely interesting small-cap company - it has everything that I am looking for in a company to invest. I will watch it for some time and read up a little more and start investing. Thanks for a great idea.

Got any more small or mid-cap stocks that have been growing revenues, profits, not adding significant debt (or are already debt-free)?
    May 3 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Dividend Paying ADRs Worth Considering [View article]
    I personally rate NOK is a candidate for dividend cut. I would rather not go there. Things are almost as bad for them as for RIM that recently gave a revenue/profit warning.

Instead of ASML, I would invest in TSM - similar market though not exactly same. Instead of NTT DoCoMo I would rather go for TEF that has the emerging market wildcard playing for them. Japanese economy isn't going to see any double digit growth in cellphone usage.
    May 2 09:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi David,

Why would you recommend the preferred over the common stock? The yield is approx 7% for the preferred as opposed to 5% for the common, correct? I am new to preferred and trying to understand. Just recently bought PFF.

Thanks,
    May 2 09:39 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Strayer University: Making the Grade With Good Growth Potential and a Solid Dividend [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Very nicely written. Do you think there will be any mergers and acquisitions in this space given the low stock prices?
    Apr 30 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Dividend Stocks Sending More Cash to Shareholders [View article]
    I find PH a great company - from a growth perspective, not just dividend growth. The world would need more of what they produce as opposed to some of the other companies.
    Apr 29 01:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Emerson Electric: Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    EMR is one of my favorite stocks - I like manufacturing and process industry since I understand it the best (I guess). I entered EMR at a low price so am more than happy to hold though I agree that it is fairly valued (dare say overvalued) at $60. I would buy more at less than $50. I think they can grow substantially in the coming 5 years (not dividend but EPS). One of my long term holds (along with MMM, PH, LECO, CR).
    Apr 29 01:09 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Reasonably Priced, Fast Growth Energy Companies [View article]
    The dividend yield of DO may actually be higher since they pay a special dividend every year in addition to the regular dividend.
    Apr 27 11:03 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoiding Dividend Cuts: Insights From the Number Crunchers [View article]
    I actually did not. I first bought HCBK at $13 (more than a year back, I think). Then some more at $11 and recently at $9.75.

It now is my third largest holding (I never intended it to be though), after BRCM and NVS. I am keeping it. I am not like other dividend growth investors even though I do try to find dividend growing companies. I have more funds available to invest than I like companies so I felt that I will keep HCBK for the time being. It may come back and right now buying/keeping it is like being a contrarian. Buy when there is a sale and general dislike for the stock. I do expect the dividend to be restored in 2-3 years and the stock to climb up beyond $15.
    Apr 27 10:34 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoiding Dividend Cuts: Insights From the Number Crunchers [View article]
    I recently sold my Nokia holdings since I fear that they might cut their dividends in the current year.
    Apr 27 09:38 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Outstanding Dividend Growth Stocks [View article]
    Which ones of these would you consider to have largest risk of dividend cut? Thanks in advance.
    Apr 27 06:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment

STRA
    NGG
    CINF
    HGIC
    LDR
    RPM

These are dividend ideas - not all of them are dividend growth ideas. Please share your thoughts on these stocks and what are your ideas? It would be good for you to share some ideas and stocks as well. Thanks.
    Apr 26 06:23 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Glass Is Finally Half-Empty: Sell NFLX in Front of Earnings [View article]
    Did you mean cross $300 instead of $200 (was that a typo?) or did you mean it will fall below $200?

I don't see why 22 million mark is important. They had already said 23.7 million earlier and reached that level in Q1 2011. Question is revenue growth and earnings growth. What P/E is justified? What is the growth estimated for next 3 years?
    Apr 25 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sirnose - you said that you don't know anyone who doesn't have Netflix already. That may not be such a good thing - This means that the only way to get revenue growth is:
    1. Increase monthly rates
    2. Go abroad

Neither would be easy for Netflix. They are fast reaching saturation and paying more for content to keep these 24 million customers with them. It is a great company but I don't see how or why it should get a P/E of 60.
    Apr 25 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Stocks You'll Wish You'd Have Bought Now [View article]
    I own NTRI but I thought that management said that the pressure on margins will continue. They are not getting success even after new partnerships with Costco and others. Weight watchers seem to be exerting a lot of competitive pressure on them.

I continue to hold since I am only 5-7% down on my initial purchase price but wasn't too happy to read their annual report. No short-term (or long-term) positive news or enthusiastic note in there.
    Apr 25 05:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment