View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:

• Cato Corporation: A Value Play for Income Investors, An Income Play for Value Investors [View article]
    Do you think CATO could be a good acquisition target given that they have no debt? Private investor or by some other big-name retailer?
    Oct 3, 2011. 12:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medtronic Is Relatively More Attractive Than Peers [View article]
    Thanks for the great article. Really enjoyed reading it. I was wondering if you have any opinions about possible threats and risks due to the segment they operate in - litigation from patients. I believe that the jury can award punitive damages as well.
    Oct 3, 2011. 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Becton, Dickinson and Company: The Ultimate Stock For Turbulent Times [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Quite helpful. Do you know how much of BDX revenue and profits come from outside the US? Do you think the revenues might be under pressure due to recent and anticipated changes in US healthcare policies?

The one thing investors fear the most is contraction of margins (more than drop in revenues) and it would appear that hospitals might squeeze them?? Not sure. Also, do you think that BDX has enough clout to grow organically? They haven't made any major acquisitions in last 2-3 years, have they?
    Oct 3, 2011. 10:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Must Own Dividend Stocks For 2012 [View article]
    Thanks for mentioning HCBK - it appears that there may be more problems with this bank than it appears to the casual investor. I bought it at $12 a year back and it has been quite miserable look at the stock ticker since then. I recently sold it to book some losses for the financial year. Might enter in 30+ days if the price is still less than $6. Or perhaps buy NYB or USB.
    Oct 3, 2011. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Achievers At New 52-Week Lows [View article]
    Thanks for your article. What do you think about any possible impact of legal action action Avon Products related to potential bribes paid by them outside the country?
    Sep 30, 2011. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Broadcom A Solid Buy As It's Poised To Become The Premier Mobile Chip Company [View article]
    What is "BC"? If you are using it from Broadcom then I think it is incorrect. Call it BCM or BRCM!! I don't think anyone uses BC as an abbreviation for Broadcom.
    Sep 30, 2011. 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Harleysville Group Inc.: Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    Congratulations!! I am still holding on to HCBK so am with you on the hopes of a buyout (or at least a price recovery to $10 levels).
    Sep 30, 2011. 06:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Potential Tech Buyout Candidates [View article]
    I don't think Anti-Trust departments in the US or UK would let ARMH merge with INTC or AMD.
    Sep 27, 2011. 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons I'm Short Chipotle Mexican Grill At Over $340/Share [View article]
    Valid comparison - but for some reason it doesn't appear that way. For one, McDonald's has no veggie options for lunch/dinner (for breakfast they have oatmeal). Burger King has veggie burger but not McDonald's. CMG has multiple options for vegetarians.
    Sep 25, 2011. 06:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Canadian Companies With Good Yields For U.S. Investors [View article]
    Any views on CM - seems like a solid bank.
    Sep 23, 2011. 04:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing For Income In International Dividend Stocks: The Dutch Edition [View article]
    Thanks. Really surprised. I tried to dig deeper into AkzoNobel from home and saw only the 2007 information. I used Google Chrome on Windows 7. But here in office using Chrome on Linux, I see the latest info. Not sure what happened. Anyhow, I see the dividend being only € 1.40 for the current year. I doubt we will see it as high as € 1.63. That there may no final dividend? Not sure.
    Sep 23, 2011. 09:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. Surprisingly the Akzo Nobel website Investor Relations stops at 2007. No news for the last 4 years - no annual reports, no dividend information, nothing. That is not very encouraging. Does anybody have a better link to information?

For those in the US - I believe Ahold owns the Stop and Shop, Giant Carlisle and Giant Landover chains. A bit upmarket grocery shopping experience, in my opinion.
    Sep 23, 2011. 06:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 11 Dividend Stocks Delivering What's Important [View article]
    LMT increase is pretty substantial. Wonder what is going on? why would they feel the need to increase so much? They would be risking a cut or no-growth if the government slows down defense spending.
    Sep 23, 2011. 06:51 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pepsico: Best Valuation In 30 Years [View article]
    Personally - I look at it differently. I am invested in VZ though I use AT&T. There are other similar examples. But I would not invest in something that I think I understand and I don't like. Even if it turns out that I could have made money. There are too many companies out there are worth of investments and I have too little money. I feel totally comfortable leaving out KO from my portfolio because of the products they make and market to kids and adults.

I have considered selling my LMT holdings since I don't approve of how US wants to bring world peace but not allow Palestine to be recognized as an independent state. Sort of saying no to Blood Diamonds or Coffee that is not free and fair trade certified.
    Sep 22, 2011. 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Tech Stocks With A History Of Growing Their Dividends [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I personally wouldn't include WSO and BMI in this list since I don't see them as technology stocks at all. Nowhere close to MSFT, INTC, LLTC etc. I would label WSO as capital goods or industrial perhaps.

I would look at adding a few more - TXN, QCOM, XLNX, MOLX, MCHP, ACN. However, a few of these don't have the 8+ years of history but only 5+ (which is fine by me since tech companies have matured only in the last 10-15 years and I didn't expect them to pay dividends when they were growing and deploying capital effectively in their respective businesses).
    Sep 22, 2011. 09:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment