Guraaf

View Guraaf's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • How Dividend Reinvestments Will Increase My Cash Flow Over The Coming Year [View article]
    Thanks chowder. I took a look and as you said - it is for TD Ameritrade accounts only. But sure looks very enticing.

I am going to experiment tonight with Google Finance portfolios. Maybe they will do the trick for me!
    Aug 31, 2015. 05:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the article and discussion. I wanted to ask fellow investors about a somewhat related question - do you use any online portfolio management tool other than your broker?

I ask because I have accounts with multiple brokers and would prefer to see my portfolio snapshot at one place, if at all possible. And especially both on desktop browser as well as a mobile app.

Any pointers?
    Aug 31, 2015. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NADL - North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. reports second quarter 2015 results [View article]
    what is the actual requirement for NYSE listing? stock can't be allowed to remain less than $1.0 for how long?

what is wrong with reverse split though?
    Aug 27, 2015. 07:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ABB: Sailing Through Headwinds With A High Yield [View article]
    Thanks epeon for your thoughts and picks.
    Aug 26, 2015. 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Tactical DG Portfolio: "Accentuating" Strength, Handling Volatility [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I looked at ACN personally and decided against investing in it about 2-3 years back. Obviously, it wasn't the wisest decision but I am still not in favor of investing in Accenture.

I see that all revenue growth in Accenture can come only by hiring more employees. They can't really increase their top-line by being more productive, or by brand management or by using new cool ideas/technologies in their factories/products. They can do minor improvements with how they hire and what kind of projects they work upon. Perhaps with how many people sit on the bench but in the end they get paid for number of employees/contractors.

This in itself is not a big deal but I doubt they can keep hiring good people, training them and finding new projects/customers. Without a product, I just don't see how the model scales above the current levels. They will eventually resort to M&A and I am not in favor of this strategy.
    Aug 26, 2015. 07:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Is Throwing A Rate Hike Tantrum [View article]
    Naive question - Why should the Fex increase the rates? Can't they leave it near zero? Sorry, this appears over simplistic but is there any harm in letting interest rates being so low forever? How does increasing rates helps the system?
    Aug 24, 2015. 06:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Emerson Electric's Dividend Is The Only Reason To Own It [View article]
    Thanks RichJoy. I can trust you to look for quality... :) I am holding my EMR though a long-standing limit buy order at $50 did go through recently. Unfortunately, I have way too much in oil (energy?) related stocks that aren't quality. I wanted to sell them about 8-11 months back but got greedy.

Still holding on to Seadrill, Ensco, National-Oilwell Varco, and many more.
    Aug 24, 2015. 06:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Emerson Electric's Dividend Is The Only Reason To Own It [View article]
    richjoy - are you buying anything these days or waiting patiently? if so, waiting for what? Thanks in advance.
    Aug 23, 2015. 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ABB: Sailing Through Headwinds With A High Yield [View article]
    Thanks for your insight - epeon. Are there companies that you find worth investing in? Who do you think does things better?
    Aug 23, 2015. 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Stocks Giving Shareholders A Raise With Higher Dividends [View article]
    I think NDSN will be a good buy at around $55 if it gets there. Another 7-8 years worth of dividends to be lost. Then the yield will be healthier and future dividend and capital gains attractive. I wouldn't but it above $58.

I expect EPS this year to be $3.6-$3.7 and want to use P/E of 15. Ideally a yield of 2% but thats not looking possible anytime soon.
    Aug 22, 2015. 09:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Contenders: 24 Increases Expected In The Next 11 Weeks [View article]
    I thought that BHP is fully franked and not subject to any Australian withholding but I may be wrong. I personally hold BBL.
    Aug 20, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am thinking whether it is time to move away from Verizon? Too much debt after buying Verizon Wireless from Vodafone perhaps? look at AT&T that acquired DirecTV?

Or perhaps move to electric utilities that offer a bit better dividend growth opportunities?
    Aug 18, 2015. 08:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Flowers Foods Pops After Strong Quarter And Acquisition Announcement [View article]
    But the P/E is already more than 20. Almost 23-24 based on EPS expectations. Isn't that high for a slow growth bread producer?
    Aug 14, 2015. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Netflix Overvalued? [View article]
    I am not sure why Netflix would get a P/E of only 60. My models suggest 100 in the pessimistic case and most likely 150. At $3 billion profit, I would value them between $300b and $450b market cap.

I heard that they might start Netflix subscriptions at the International Space Station and then after that Milky Way is the outer limit.
    Aug 4, 2015. 01:31 PM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Stocks I Purchased In July [View article]
    I bought ETN at $60 and NSC at $88.
    Aug 2, 2015. 08:18 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment