GuruFollowing

View GuruFollowing's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    I agree with your opinion that if the stock goes to $20, then the market presupposes the company's business model has major problems. I appreciate your comments, which are detailed and thoughtful. Thank you.
    Nov 20 08:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    I don't predict where the stock goes. I analyze the facts to decide if I want to buy the stock for more than a year or not.
    Nov 20 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apollo Has Lost Its Golden Touch [View article]
    I disagree, if there is no fundamental changes to the underlying economics of the for-profit colleges, your thesis is correct. The for-profit colleges, especially Apollo, will recover and the valuation will improve significantly. As someone wise once said, "when the facts change, my opinion changes." You may want to reconsider all the facts, old and new, before you decide to maintain your stock position or to make a change. Good luck!
    Nov 20 08:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apollo Has Lost Its Golden Touch [View article]
    Sorry for the late response, I had difficulty accessing the seekingalpha.com. My opinion regarding the for-profit colleges does not change regardless who wins the election.
    Nov 20 08:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apollo Has Lost Its Golden Touch [View article]
    My thinking toward Apollo was like yours, until the Bridgepoint Education case demonstrated a more fundamental issue with the for-profit colleges. Now I believe the tight regulatory scrutiny and the reexamination of the colleges by the accreditation agencies change the rules of the game. For-profit colleges will recover, but not to their former glory and the time horizon is unknown.
    Nov 20 08:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Is Upside To American Greetings' Buyout [View article]
    Typically the board makes a decision about the buyout offer first. The shareholders of American Greetings will vote on the recommendation of the board whether to reject or to accept the offer. The lawsuits serve as stimuli to encourage the board to act in the interests of minority shareholders. The typical time could be 1-3 months, normally not longer.
    Nov 16 02:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    I did not the Ugg boots are a fad. They are aound for a long time and likely will be around for another 5-10 years or more, but the recent sales data suggested the sales peak for this cycle (10-year cycle) is probably over.
    Nov 16 02:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    You are saying there is no problem with the Ugg boots, then what is the problem? Is it just a small market issue that caused the company's sales to decline or is there a larger issue?
    Nov 16 02:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    To fix a problem, one must first admit what is the real problem. Weather has had a negative effect on Ugg boots' sales; I don't believe it is the primary reason. You said "a management that" had "10 years of spectacular growth" based on Ugg boots, then everything good always come to a stop.

I understand DECK's management is diversifying their sales, they are on the right direction. The management needs to deal with Ugg brand problem before they can concentrate their money and time on Teva and Sanuk. So far the management was saying the sales decline of Ugg boots is only a temporary issue. This is the real problem I have with the management.
    Oct 29 04:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    A good strategy. I would do the same wait and see. I won't make a move until I see improvment is coming.
    Oct 29 04:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    Women buy new boots (i.e. Ugg boots) because they like to, not need to. When the CEO stated women buy these boots after the original purchase as "replacement purchase" did not match common sense.
    Oct 29 04:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    If you are a patient investor and can withstand the short term price decline, then Deckers Outdoor is certainly a good stock to buy.
    Oct 29 04:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    I agree. Every person will make mistakes in his/her lifetime. It is a difficult thing to admit that speculator sales growth is coming to a stop.
    Oct 29 04:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    I think the stock has potential to rally after it declined to $29.48, but you are going to see a lot of volatility on this stock.
    Oct 29 04:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Second Act For Deckers Outdoor Corp. [View article]
    Deckers Outdoor is a good company, but I agree the management needs to make some changes.
    Oct 29 04:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment