Gutone

View Gutone's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft May Have Just Hurt Lumia 900 Sales [View article]
    I don't think that changes anything at all.

Jun 28, 2012. 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Told You So: RIM's Warning And Path To Demise [View article]
    By now, I've told you so three times. I'm growing tired of writing more articles about the sure death of RIM. RIM is down 28% after hour.

Jun 28, 2012. 05:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How I Predicted O'Reilly Automotive's Drop 2 Months Ago [View article]
    Buffett did keep the dying textile business running for quite a while, longer than a true capitalist would do, unwilling to fire the workers.
    Jun 27, 2012. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Notable Small Caps Purchased By Insiders Today, 2 With Short Squeeze Potential [View article]
    It is very simple judgment: If a company has a negative EBITDA and has net debt, it has to raise more money either using shares or more debt to simply pay for the interest. In other words, it is on the brink of bankruptcy.

The sales records have been ugly for some time.
    Jun 27, 2012. 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Investors Of O'Reilly Automotive Should Be Nervous [View article]
    Well, it's perhaps a bad time to say this: I told you so!
    Jun 27, 2012. 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shares of O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) sink 14.2% premarket after the company lowers its Q2 sales guidance. The company was working on the assumption that a warm winter had shifted sales into Q1, but weak sales figures for May and June now point to a larger trend as consumers increasingly buy new cars instead of fixing up older ones. [View news story]
    I told you so!

Jun 27, 2012. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft May Have Just Hurt Lumia 900 Sales [View article]
    The problem with shorting Nokia is it's too easy to get squeezed at the current market cap size and stock price. I have been a long-in-the-waiting all along. In a case like this, better be late than too early.
    Jun 26, 2012. 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft May Have Just Hurt Lumia 900 Sales [View article]
    I believe Nokia knowingly made Lumia 900 using relatively modest chips. It has always been a transitional product - just that Nokia didn't make it explicit to consumers when introducing Lumia 900.

The situation is: Nokia urgently needed a new product prior to Window 8 comes out. A phone fully compatible with Win 8 can be too costly, especially without major marketing support from Microsoft's (almost surely) extravaganza spending on Windows 8.

Most people didn't realize this when Lumia 900 first came out. There will surely be people who don't care. But there will be enough people who care and will either buy from a competitor or wait for Lumia ???, say 1000.
    Jun 26, 2012. 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: A 3-Bagger Is Not Enough [View article]
    Some general points:

1. A lot of assumptions? Yes. Very optimistic assumptions? Yes. If Sirius is still not attractive enough under these assumption, is it a worthy long term investment? No.

2. International expansion? Too costly. Even if it happens, it will increase the debt burden, or dilute the shares. There will be very little economy of scale -- new satellite(s) are needed, programs have to be in different languages, etc. I believe we can forget about this possiblity.

3. Used car sales. Most people don't keep their cars for 10 years. Actually the average age for cars in the United States is about 10 years. By not considering used car market but extend ages of cars, my calculation should provide a close-to-equivalent answer with used car sales considered.

4. Pricing. An interesting issue for another article.
    Jun 26, 2012. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Microsoft Just Leapfrogged Apple? [View article]
    I was going to write an article about this $1000 thing. ;-)
    $1000+ computer will soon become history.
    Jun 25, 2012. 02:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft May Have Just Hurt Lumia 900 Sales [View article]
    Guys, let's try not to get personal. Focus on the stocks and the companies themselves.
    Jun 25, 2012. 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Million Dollar Insider Buys This Past Week [View article]
    I was using this source to pull the data:

It could be a double, well triple, counting based on Howard's information.

Thanks for pointing this out.
    Jun 25, 2012. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft May Have Just Hurt Lumia 900 Sales [View article]
    I agree with the part about WP8 apps. But if I were an app developer, I wouldn't care about supporting WP7 at all given the current condition.
    Jun 22, 2012. 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Microsoft Just Leapfrogged Apple? [View article]
    By the same token, Mac hasn't been a comparison to PC for over 20 years. I thought Mac is doing reasonably well lately.
    Jun 22, 2012. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Microsoft Just Leapfrogged Apple? [View article]
    I refer you to the simple nature of stochasticity in the stock market.

If you don't understand this, and believe you can always be assertive about the stock market, then you are already better than Warren Buffett by a thousand miles. Please consider not to waste your time writing personal attacking comments on my articles.
    Jun 22, 2012. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment