H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 390: Feb. 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    Ranma: Lots of MM action involved in the trading the last couple of days AFAICT. So halve the number of shares being traded will probably get you somewhere in the ballpark.

MHO,
    Feb 26, 2015. 05:11 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 390: Feb. 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    R.A.: "They paid off BA for most of $1M".

IIRC, BA got some shares shares in lieu of cash for some/all of that debt.

Feb 26, 2015. 05:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 390: Feb. 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    Notification of the other shoe to drop - possible de-listing in 180 days.

Feb 25, 2015. 11:08 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AXPW: Intra-Day Trade & Buy:Sell Inflection Point Charting Beginning 02/02/2015 [View instapost]
    Volume caused me to be unable to do Monday's in a timely fashion and I also couldn't cross-check for accuracy of bu and sell assignments. History suggests this could introduce a 3% change, which is not significant.

I also had to re-scale the volume chart. Tried a logarithmic scale, but that didn't convey information well. Decided to chop the extreme high, figuring it'll work back down to some level that we can accommodate without losing too much visual "information".

Working on the 24th today.

Feb 25, 2015. 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    D lane: Awright! American industry responds!

On another front, UQM bumping a long-term descending resistance today. Combined with a short-term rising support it's riding slightly above we could see a price move in a few days.

Direction is not indicated though. Several oscillators are strengthening though and a raggedy cup and handle (bullish) pattern is trying to form up.

Feb 24, 2015. 11:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pascquale: I saw that in our local paper (funnies are my most important, and maybe most truthful, read) and laughed out loud.

Feb 24, 2015. 10:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 390: Feb. 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were shorting in advance while recent price was "elevated".

Then cover with the cheap shares received or buy to cover as the flood of new cheap shares are sold into the market driving price lower.

Feb 22, 2015. 01:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 389: Feb. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    Edmund: I had a similar experience as a kid in Phx AZ - 1965(?) Jag XKE needed return to the customer in Scottsdale after we detailed it.Even though I took the "long way", it got there in the same time as if I had gone the short way at legal speeds. =8-O

Great car but for the Lucas electricals - they sucked big time.

Feb 22, 2015. 12:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 390: Feb. 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    ISTR that if the authorized shares were exceeded the company had to go to shareholders repeatedly until they could get the number needed authorized?

Feb 22, 2015. 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 390: Feb. 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    Edmund: I think you read to much into Negoslavbg's "... but we've seen ..." comment.

He could've meant nothing more than letting you, and others, know we've seen it so it might save some(?) from going there just to mutter "I've seen this already".

A public service?

Feb 22, 2015. 08:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 390: Feb. 22, 2015 [View instapost]
    EDIT: never mind! I see even the comments were there back then.

Negoslavbg: Yep, but worth re-visiting as the comments seem to have been added since last I (we?) looked?

Not sure about even that though.

Feb 22, 2015. 08:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 389: Feb. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    Bob: Good thoughts. I had been thinking the improved power was related to the stamped grid (had a "channel" added) that reduced internal losses (resistance?) and other things they patented, which I forget what they are now.

Feb 21, 2015. 02:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 389: Feb. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    Edmund: OTOH, keep in mind the graphs and articles JP has provided that show a curve of improvements in product design, manufacturing process and economies of scale that occurs after initial commercialization has begun.

I doubt many products "hit the street" with all potential improvements already in place.

Assuming JP's stuff is typical of new products, I would tend to not see the air pocket improvement as a negative because it wasn't addressed in V1 or V2 of the PbC, but just as a normal follow-on of constant R&D to constantly try and "make it better" in all areas.

When you think of it from the IP aspect, it means there's another small bit of "moat" that keeps others from achieving the performance the PbC can achieve.

Can we assume that the batteries in the PowerCube and ePower trucks didn't have this improvement? If so, it does demonstrate that the PbC is performing well even before the improvement and is therefore a market-ready product. That in no way means further improvements can't or shouldn't be made, nor does it mean they screwed up on the earlier versions.

MHO,
    Feb 21, 2015. 10:59 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #278, February 5, 2015 [View instapost]
    Maya: The CME futures this A.M., 2/20, are continuing to predict a slide (06:55 EST). Changes across all contracts 3/2015-6/2016 all negative, but not near the spot price decline you cite.

Spot down only 2.09% to $51.70 ATM.

Feb 20, 2015. 07:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 389: Feb. 12, 2015 [View instapost]
    Bazooooka: I haven't traded AXPW for a couple(?) years. The last thing I did was add the small block for trading at $0.95 a couple(?) months back JIC something totally unexpected on the positive side happened.

As I posted to someone once, I I didn't want my attempts at providing useful examination of the data to be unintentionally influenced by any trading I might be attempting so I decided to not trade any.

Yes, I know that's dumb, but it fits my more important priorities.

I put the $ to use with low-frequency trading of AXIH, UQM, ... and recently AMD (long equity, short call options). The first two are "core & trading blocks" positions and the last is a pure trading position. The AMD should go to $2,8xish or even $2.5xish and I'll take profits on the calls.

Feb 20, 2015. 06:26 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment