H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    Mark, I was apparently *too* ready as I'm celebrating it in October already. Where'd September go? Did they remove it from the calender?

Regardless, have a good weekend y'all!

Aug 28, 2015. 04:56 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's next week, 10/7.

Aug 28, 2015. 03:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    Well, three replies over the last couple days, including today, never showed up.

Anyone else seeing this?

Aug 28, 2015. 09:03 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    "... her mom passed 3 hours after she left Japan ... mom was waiting for her to leave"

I had a similar experience when my sis called a couple years back and I flew out to see my mom, whom my sister thought was not going to last long. I stayed a few months and mom was "doing pretty good" and less than a couple weeks after I left my mom passed.

Best wishes and thoughts are with you and yours.

Aug 28, 2015. 08:58 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    "As for China sales, I'm not holding my breath"

If you go there to visit, maybe you should, to avoid respiratory problems! :-))

Aug 26, 2015. 12:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    Wow DG! That takes me back. When I was young and a good voice I used to sing it all the time.

Can't do falsetto anymore - have sung for years!

Aug 26, 2015. 11:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    UQM: " Electric Vehicles International Orders Additional UQM PowerPhase HD® 220 Systems "

"... for delivery later this calendar year", "... motors and controllers".

Aug 26, 2015. 10:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    SHB: They also have permission now to export NGLs for the same reason - "unrefined product".

I assume the LPG must be removed from the LNG so that return to gas state, required for intended uses(?), is complete. LPG wouldn't gasify at the smae temperatures?

Different products for different applications, in many cases. Different BTU content, per volume, too?

"Over there", price is energy content based, so that may be the biggest reason they want the products segregated.

Aug 25, 2015. 09:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    A sock drawer idea: "Tucows: Disruptive Growth Model With A Call Option On Fiber Summary"

Good write-up.

Aug 24, 2015. 03:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    Took profits on CPST - too much uncertainty to stay in. Got 2.87% on trade started yesterday, added to today and closed out.

Enough for a steak (sandwich?)

Aug 24, 2015. 01:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    I added to my CPST trading blocks at $0.3502.

Looking good so far.

Blood? What blood? Right now it looks like they used fire hoses to clean the streets!

Hope I don't see mine there next!

Aug 24, 2015. 12:58 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    ATM S&P futures down ~$31. Last crude trade, per Sgxnifty, $38.99. Since 8.8's DXY high of $98.33, we are currently at $94.23.

Better, for our exporters, weeks of 3/7 and 3/14 we saw highs of $100.28. So the re-trace could could help if there's anyone out there than can afford to buy.

These are really massive moves.

Aug 24, 2015. 06:19 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "make Mary"

Ooh! The feminists are going to pillory you for advocating that! ;-))

Aug 24, 2015. 03:45 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    "but is likely to unleash yet another global recession"

I don't recall who first predicted it, but I was in aggreement with a partiipant here months back that suggested the back half of '15 would be difficult. I recently posted somewhere about that and ended with "... recessionary tendencies".

Not that I'm all that smart, but listening to folks that have the knowledge, factoring in what I read of Mises and others, I truly believed, and still do, that once a credit bubble begins to collapse it can't be stopped - it has to go through the correction cycle.

I think that's what we're seeing.

And if the you-know-whos are out of ammo, they won't even be able to defer the coming pain this time like they did from '09 onward.

But I *am* a rank amateur at this stuff and so could be all wrong.

What I fear most is the common wisdom that the longer the correction is deferred, the worse the pain will be.

*Lots* of inocents will get badly burned, if so, while those that caused the problem initially and/or delayed the needed correction will not suffer the consequences.

Sans reward *and* punishment, folks tend not to do things differently next time around. So TPTB off scot-free while pain visits thee and me!

MHO,
    Aug 23, 2015. 04:44 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quick Chat 282 July 28 2015 [View instapost]
    OOPS: Forgot the link to Google results.

Aug 23, 2015. 04:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment