H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    O'Leary's opponent there was arguing that credit-worthiness was the proper metric to use regardless of matriculation.

Apr 15, 2015. 10:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    I forgot about Sherman's way-back machine.

Let's get MSFT or AMD or .... working on it right away! :-))

Apr 14, 2015. 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    With volume rising two days on down moves and today hitting 302K (around 2.5 times the 10-day 130K average), I thought this has to be the end of those taking profits (or losses) short-term ... Probably "silly me"!

Regardless, entered 2 GTC orders at $1.

One filled and I suspect the other will "git 'er done" tomorrow early.

That rising resistance that we closed above one day (Fri., 4/10), but couldn't make a second, is apparently quite strong. Today it's at $1.22 AFAICT and we only made $1.19 on the high.

Undaunted, since my core is long-term speculation, I forge ahead undeterred by fear ... or maybe intelligence? ;-))

Actually, small positions make it easier.

Apr 14, 2015. 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    "That's supposed to be a strong signal"

Heh! Yeah, but in the opposite direction in our case. :-((

I gotta get another hat!

Apr 14, 2015. 04:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Swine Flu, MERS, Ebola And Medical News Concentrator January 1, 2015 To ?? [View instapost]
    LT: Great to hear of the positive results and the other options you have available.

I think this bodes well for you.

Still thinking of you and wishing the best possible for you!

Apr 14, 2015. 12:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AXPW: Intra-Day Trade & Buy:Sell Inflection Point Charting Beginning 04/01/2015 [View instapost]
    Yeah, I realized I couldn't keep up and it was costing me effort in other areas.

Apr 14, 2015. 12:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm sorry to report that I've made my last post on this blog. Daily volume has hit the point that I have no hope of catching up until maybe a week or more after volume subsides.

I've learned a lot and hope others may have also benefitted from the effort.

This decision was made just a few minutes ago as I realized the futility of trying to capture the data w/o reliable supporting software which is not available from the several sources I use and which I never got written in the past.

Apr 14, 2015. 12:01 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    "an estimated total balance of $158 billion that originated during the housing price bubble between 2005 and 2008 [and] are still open and scheduled to reset between 2015 and 2018."

Probably just a blip on the screen compared to the effects of the student debt which can't be eliminated via BK.

Apr 13, 2015. 05:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    Mercy: I'm thinking PE multiples will continue to expand and seriously elevated levels will be the omen that will clue us in. *Especially* if notes/bonds start to pay anything worth considering - then income investors that were forced into equities because TINA (There Is No Alternative) will start the popping of the bubble(s).

MHO,
    Apr 13, 2015. 05:27 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    Terrific article WWT!

This article replaces the pure bullish take espoused by the MSM, such as CNBC, with hard evaluation criteria (well, some such as "overpriced" or "underpriced" by the market aren't quite so "hard") that we individual investors can use.

Thanks for taking the time!

Apr 12, 2015. 07:59 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    Should've done Jamison - the CEO has ultimate responsibility. Likely this was a case of reward for the guilty and punishment for the innocent.

MHO,
    Apr 11, 2015. 04:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    P.S. Bullish outside reversal today.

That's supposed to be a strong signal.

Also, our low "bounced" up off the rising 50-day SMA. If my eyes aren't failing me this is the fourth bounce off that SMA in the last nine trading days.

OK - that's enough!

Have a good weekend folks!

Apr 10, 2015. 05:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    $CPST: "Capstone Flattens Organizational Structure to Lower Cost, Increase Adaptability as well as Foster Innovation and Creativity"

Should have been done earlier IMO.

I suspect this is a response to the market's clear signal, via pps, that "the same ol' same ol'" wasn't going to cut it anymore.

Spec stocks: ain't they grand?

Apr 10, 2015. 05:12 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    Weeelllllllll ...

Up until 13:54 I was thinking I was a friggin genius as price was *definitely* retreating from the rising resistance.

Got down to $1.10 at 11:25, did a low volume sputter down there and meandered back up to $1.15 around 13:30. Good 'nuff says I - expected.

But at 13:16 a slow, sluggish, low-volume (almost no volume) climb began. At 15:49 $1.19/$1.20!

Where'd that come from?!

Then 15:54 starts the drive up to $1.25 and we close at $1.23. Since this rise into the close was on volume in excess of 50% of the day's volume, I think it was a strong close.

Being it's on volume rising for the second consecutive day is another plus.

It's the first day of a close above (well-above visually) that rising former support which is now resistance, which was right at $1.20 today near as I can tell.

If tomorrow confirms with good volume, we have a wee bit of head room - the resistance of the *potential* rising channel (today would be $1.44) is totally untested in this new recent down-up leg. Most oscillators look good though.

Ignoring the *potential* channel, some recent price-point resistance was seen at $1.28ish. In both cases a leg down resulted.

200-day SMA is right around there too - $1.2661 and falling today. If we get two consecutive closes above it's bullish.

The 50-day SMA, which I mentioned recently would cross above the 200-day in a few weeks, remains on track to do so. Today it's $1.1037 and rising slowly. When the cross occurs we have what's called a "Golden Cross" - supposedly very bullish.

So a nice surprise for me today.

Apr 10, 2015. 05:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    Yeehaw! The momentum slowly increases! BYD won't be the only CA bus manufacturer/player now!

Off to read.

On the TA front - been pushing up against that rising former support, now resistance. Being Friday, I would expect it to draw down a little today.

Hoping I'm wrong though - would like to see first move back above that line, but not expecting that today. There's now a price-point resistance in play along with the rising resistance trend line.

HardToLove
    P.S. "During the grant term, Proterra plans to manufacture an estimated 424 buses"
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment