H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 391: Mar. 01, 2015 [View instapost]
    PY: "Painting ..."
    Doesn't strike me as that.
    16:02:43 50K @ $0.15
    16:02:59 and 16:03:04 each 20K @ $0.15
    16:21:43 5K @ $0.15
    16:43:25 4K @ $0.15
    17:14:46 1K @ $0.19.

All trades but the 4K occurred on Direct Edge X. The 4k was NASDAQ.

I'm *guessing* just typical AH type stuff, which normally has high volatility.

B/a began on the first three trades with 99K @ $0.15 & 54.4K @ $0.234. Bid qty dropped rationally as trades occurred at the bid.

The 16:21 5K trade occurred after a "lock" at 16:11:03 when b/a were both $0.15 x 9K.

The last two trades had small-sized b/a $0.15/$0.23 leading into them.

Mar 13, 2015. 06:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 391: Mar. 01, 2015 [View instapost]
    MrI: Could be just the normal MM daily short-term intra-day shorting?

2/27 885798
    2/26 435655
    2/25 316615
    2/24 548474
    2/23 508192

That covers the T+3 normal settlement period and a bit extra.

Keeping in mind the large percentage of exempts from those days, possibly from B warrant back-office delays(?) and I'm not sure that short interest tells us a lot.

Our volume spike, 2,366,538 appeared on 2/23.

EDIT: This was later 3/2 - brain glitch. If we presume lots of those momo folks that apparently(?) piled in had no shares, that semi-monthly short value might be even less useful. END EDIT

Don't know, but trying to cover the bases there.

Mar 11, 2015. 04:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 391: Mar. 01, 2015 [View instapost]
    PY: Agree on the death being "extenuating circumstances" but the B warrant conversion is just another flavor of the normal financing scenario that we've been through several times.

I don't think that would factor into any considerations.

MHO,
    Mar 11, 2015. 11:54 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    Just as an FYI: The $1.12 was one of my "take a look" points for adding trading blocks.

All things considered, $1.04-$1.06 is my next one. I think $1.12 is not likely to hold with current conditions.

Chart TA seems to support this. Good rising medium-term support is around that level now. It will rise, price will fall to it, and possibly overshoot, before we can assess it. Volume and direction combinations will be important, along with the oscillators at the time.

Given the conditions of the market and world, even a $0.9x seems possible though.

MHO,
    Mar 11, 2015. 09:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 391: Mar. 01, 2015 [View instapost]
    IIRC, either Rick or DRich (I'm leaning towards the latter) had expressed that was on his wish list a couple years back!

Regardless, belated merry Christmas to whichever it was! :-))

Mar 10, 2015. 02:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AXPW: Intra-Day Trade & Buy:Sell Inflection Point Charting Beginning 03/02/2015 [View instapost]
    Well, it goes faster with only about 1.6K trades to classify. If volume stays "low", maybe I will catch up in this lifetime.

I'm surprised that the apparent momentum players are apparently reacting so quickly as I said they would. Of course, I had no experience upon which to base my guess of one or two weeks for a return to normal. I don't think we're 100% there, but it seems to be moving that way.

Mar 10, 2015. 08:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    LoL! I never thought of that! Ambiguity leaves a lot of imagination room!

Mar 9, 2015. 01:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Heh! At that age it was a worm.

Mar 9, 2015. 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    R.A.: Yep. As a kid in 5th grade in Ft. Ord CA I had a 4' gopher snake as a pet. Used to wrap around my arm under my jacket. I guess I owe it an apology.

BTW, being at the age when girls were the "enemy", I used to get great fun in pulling up the jacket sleeve and watching them scream in fright as my "buddy" looked them in the eye! :-))

Mar 9, 2015. 05:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 391: Mar. 01, 2015 [View instapost]
    For those that do have an interest, my March EOD blog is started at last. 11K+ trades to classify, added to other issues, has me buried. Still trying to catch up.

Mar 8, 2015. 07:02 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AXPW: Intra-Day Trade & Buy:Sell Inflection Point Charting Beginning 02/02/2015 [View instapost]
    Well, it took a while, but I got the 11K+ trades for 3/2 classified and have started a new blog for March. I don't know how long it'll take me to catch up - the other days were high volume too, although not *that* high.

Mar 8, 2015. 07:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #278, February 5, 2015 [View instapost]
    D-Inv: "... constraining inflation and promoting full employment?".

You are correct. But nothing about fiscal imbalances, which is why I mentioned it was not one of their mandates. The ugly possibility looms that our congress critters may have to actually do what we pay them for (maybe even write bills themselves rather than taking the lobbyist-submitted ones). The trouble with that is it makes me fearful of what will emerge! :-(( Sewage effluent springs to mind.

"IMO, the market vastly over reacted to the jobs report and time will make that clear."

I was thinking it wasn't that to which it over-reacted, but rather the fact that it gives the Fed support for raising rates. In isolation, they could be wrong but the longer-term steady 200K+ jobs improvement we've been seeing, makes me think it's not wrong or over-reacting. If your livelihood (or more accurately, "wealth creation") has become short-term dependent on "free money" this should be concerning.

Gosh think of of all the co.'s that bought back stock instead of investing for the future when $s were cheap. What will they do now if rates rise appreciably? They squandered their cash and will face higher borrowing costs if it turns out they do need some new capex to go forward and prosper against (more?) prudent competitors?

Maybe this is why rumor has the buybacks always come at market peaks? The resources squandered causes poor performance going forward and "the market" knows this will occur?

I don't know.

Mar 7, 2015. 12:23 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #278, February 5, 2015 [View instapost]
    D-Inv: "deferral of change in FED interest rate policy until later rather than sooner"

I'm not so sure on that one.

Assuming the Fed really is independent and they've gotten tired of carrying the burden of our congress's fiscal irresponsibility (which is not in the charter or mandates anyway) ... and they really don't want to get "behind the curve" (and get again lambasted for doing so) and with a more conservative (and therefore theoretically more fiscally conservative - not sure I believe it at all though) congress in place, and the jobs number coming hotter than most pundits were expecting along with a tenth or two of wage increases, ...

I'm thinking the biggest impediment to raising rates will not be the deficit, but the concern with all the other CBs devaluing right now and the damage it could do if the Fed stays on-track and raises rates while others go the opposite direction.

OTOH, several pundits on the boob-tube have been pointing out (against the grain of course) that history of a strong dollar has been accompanied by a strong economy. I don't know if they are taking into account the global trade now vs. what it was like "back then", whenever that was.

The biz base no longer seems, AFAICT, to be of a nature that keeps their base and employees in their home country regardless, but seems now to treat the employees as the interchangeable machines they would like in an ideal business world and move with abandon to wherever is cheaper as long as they can see themselves staying there long enough to recoup the cost of doing so.

The head of the Prez's Jobs Development Council, Jeff Immelt of GE, seems the best example of this. While holding that post he has sent many jobs off-shore.

I don't know, but that's my thinking ATM.

Mar 7, 2015. 09:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #278, February 5, 2015 [View instapost]
    "the burden of over priced healthcare"

And the burden of student loan debt for which a BK does *NOT* clear the obligation. They will *NOT* be forming households as previous rates, will be buying houses at lower rates (er, with less frequency) than in the past even if mtg. rates remain low.

That's a substantial portion of a generation removed from undertaking long-term obligations, especially with salary ranges where they are relative to *real* costs in this country.

Add in fear induced by having seen what happened with mtgs and everything else from 2007 forward - who would want to do anything "risky"?

I expect with the Euro approaching parity we'll see a slump in GDP from reduced exports and increased imports. Combined with little or non-existent recovery in housing (especially lower range), expected layoffs from the reduced exports, ... and the ripple effects throughout the economy ...

Recession doesn't seem out of the question.

MHO,
    Mar 7, 2015. 08:45 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #278, February 5, 2015 [View instapost]
    D-INV: OOOPS! CMT -> CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange).

Sorry if that gave any confusion.

Mar 6, 2015. 04:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment