H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Capstone Turbine Finds New Ways To Disappoint Investors [View article]
    " because those orders are now expected to ship over 18 months rather than 12 months"

Hah! I didn't think of that. Good catch.

It looks like the prior $45MM remaining is incorporated into this one.

I'd have to go double check. Anyway, yes it was generic: "... we intend to use the net proceeds from the sale of the securities offered by this prospectus for general corporate purposes, which may include, but are not limited to, working capital, capital expenditures, acquisitions and repurchases or redemptions of securities ..." and more verbiage that specific offerings will detail specific intended use.

Apr 16, 2015. 03:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstone Turbine Finds New Ways To Disappoint Investors [View article]
    IIUC, they still have $45MM left on the prior shelf, so I don't know if/when a notification of effectiveness would be needed/issued on this new one.

Regardless, with their history we can't easily assume the optimistic take that it's needed to service a huge surge in new orders. With the current climate, might be needed to stay afloat while DSO gets extended - which I assume might be logical result of the current economic/$ strength things we see. Too bad too because they had made some good progress on reducing the time between shipment and receipts over the last couple of years.

Apr 16, 2015. 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Capstone Turbine Finds New Ways To Disappoint Investors [View article]
    AH: S-8 for employee comp plan

And the one that set my TFH off was an s-3 registration (not effective yet and not an offer yet) for $100MM in new shares. At current prices, no discount, if this became effective and was used to the max at a price of $0.65 shares would have ~153MM new added to the 330MM out, a ~47% increase.

With a current ~$269MM mkt cap, if this registration is made effective and used to the max at a very optimistic $0.65/share and there's no follow-on mkt share price drop (very optimistic), we are looking at 37% increase in market cap. But who believes share price wouldn't drop?

Apr 16, 2015. 06:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    "Sorry about not taking better notes."

Twenty lashes with a wet noodle for not dedicating 100% to our cause! ;-))

"Real life" in the way? Shoot! That's a minor annoyance here! :-))

Apr 16, 2015. 05:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    CN: I was off doing other things.

Thanks for trying though!

Apr 15, 2015. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    CN: Checked their web site and nothing there about it yet.

Apr 15, 2015. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    O'Leary's opponent there was arguing that credit-worthiness was the proper metric to use regardless of matriculation.

Apr 15, 2015. 10:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    I forgot about Sherman's way-back machine.

Let's get MSFT or AMD or .... working on it right away! :-))

Apr 14, 2015. 04:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    With volume rising two days on down moves and today hitting 302K (around 2.5 times the 10-day 130K average), I thought this has to be the end of those taking profits (or losses) short-term ... Probably "silly me"!

Regardless, entered 2 GTC orders at $1.

One filled and I suspect the other will "git 'er done" tomorrow early.

That rising resistance that we closed above one day (Fri., 4/10), but couldn't make a second, is apparently quite strong. Today it's at $1.22 AFAICT and we only made $1.19 on the high.

Undaunted, since my core is long-term speculation, I forge ahead undeterred by fear ... or maybe intelligence? ;-))

Actually, small positions make it easier.

Apr 14, 2015. 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Speculative Play On UQM Beginning 2/7/2015 [View instapost]
    "That's supposed to be a strong signal"

Heh! Yeah, but in the opposite direction in our case. :-((

I gotta get another hat!

Apr 14, 2015. 04:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Swine Flu, MERS, Ebola And Medical News Concentrator January 1, 2015 To May 23, 2015 [View instapost]
    LT: Great to hear of the positive results and the other options you have available.

I think this bodes well for you.

Still thinking of you and wishing the best possible for you!

Apr 14, 2015. 12:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AXPW: Intra-Day Trade & Buy:Sell Inflection Point Charting Beginning 04/01/2015 [View instapost]
    Yeah, I realized I couldn't keep up and it was costing me effort in other areas.

Apr 14, 2015. 12:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm sorry to report that I've made my last post on this blog. Daily volume has hit the point that I have no hope of catching up until maybe a week or more after volume subsides.

I've learned a lot and hope others may have also benefitted from the effort.

This decision was made just a few minutes ago as I realized the futility of trying to capture the data w/o reliable supporting software which is not available from the several sources I use and which I never got written in the past.

Apr 14, 2015. 12:01 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    "an estimated total balance of $158 billion that originated during the housing price bubble between 2005 and 2008 [and] are still open and scheduled to reset between 2015 and 2018."

Probably just a blip on the screen compared to the effects of the student debt which can't be eliminated via BK.

Apr 13, 2015. 05:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quickchat #279, March 19, 2015 [View instapost]
    Mercy: I'm thinking PE multiples will continue to expand and seriously elevated levels will be the omen that will clue us in. *Especially* if notes/bonds start to pay anything worth considering - then income investors that were forced into equities because TINA (There Is No Alternative) will start the popping of the bubble(s).

MHO,