H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    R.A.: One thing I've wondered about, but not seen a reason to ask ... What happens when batteries are fully charged and a long downhill grade or long braking event happens. Where's the juice go?

Without some place to "dump" the current, like resistor banks, does the generator start absorbing the juice and try to speed up the engine, effectively acting like an engine brake system? The engine management system, presumably trying to hold a steady rpm would reduce, or even cut off, fuel injection allowing the compression of the engine (almost) alone to try and maintain (or reduce) the engine rpm.

Another possibility I could see would be removal of the field from the drive motor (assuming it has an electrically developed "field"), but that would remove the braking assist the driver might be counting on.

Anyway, probably thought of and handled by the smart folks already, but I am curious.

Jan 10, 2015. 09:31 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    R.A: IIUC John correctly, and IIRC, Jay's stroke of genius was using the vector drive in a way that wasn't supposed to be done. It's all hooked to a common bus and the relative voltages control the direction of current flow - no "management" is used.

As the motor draws current from the bus the bus voltage drops below that of the batteries (if their state of charge dictates) and the batteries feed juice to the bus and hence the drive motors.

When braking, the regen raises the voltage of the bus and if it is above that of the batteries the batteries recharge. Ditto for the generator - it feeds juice at constant rpm (and voltage?) and the current goes where it's needed - drive motor or batteries.

That sounds too simple, so I may not remember correctly but that's what I recall.

No traffic cop is needed.

John will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

Jan 9, 2015. 06:44 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A speculative play on UQM [View instapost]
    Well, $0.70ish looks to have been decent support ... so far. We hit $0.71 yesterday and came back up and today we are trading $0.75-$0.81 on reasonable volume too.

We have today broken above a medium-term descending resistance, are currently riding atop a medium-term descending support and are now challenging a long-term descending resistance at $0.81ish.

A break above that line, followed by confirmation would supposedly allow a decent rise to begin. Rising volume, as we have today, on rising price when we confirm a break above would be a positive trade entry point I guess.

MHO,
    Jan 9, 2015. 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #277, January 7, 2015 [View instapost]
    Hey Stranger! Good to see you back!

Jan 9, 2015. 11:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A speculative play on UQM [View instapost]
    That's good news D Lane! Early adopter now provides data tat others can examine and determine if the units will meet their needs.

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2015. 10:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    01/08/2015: EOD stuff partially copied to the concentrator.
    # Trds: 56, MinTrSz: 20, MaxTrSz: 3650, Vol: 26420, AvTrSz: 472
    Min. Pr: 0.9700, Max Pr: 1.0400, VW Avg. Tr. Pr: 0.9974
    # Buys, Shares: 11 11600, VW Avg Buy Pr: 1.0110
    # Sells, Shares: 43 13720, VW Avg Sell Pr: 0.9860
    # Unkn, Shares: 2 1100, VW Avg Unk. Pr: 0.9956
    Buy:Sell 1:1.18 (43.91% "buys"), DlyShts 2160 (08.18%), Dly Sht % of 'sells' 15.74%

After two days of extremely low volume we finally got some. Not really good because it's still below all my averages. But at least it's worth the effort to generate the usual metrics.

The day's high occurred on the first two trades, buys at $1.04, of 2.2K and 700 shares. Price moved right down to $0.986 and then struggled around the $0.99 to $1 level until 14:14, when the battle was lost and we moved below $0.99 for good (see trading breakdown by time).

Today's 43.9% buy percentage is lower than yesterday's, but more meaningful because we got a little more volume. It's not big enough to cause a rise (although we did post a VWAP gain of 0.004%), which is hopeful. It also brought back some daily short sales after two days of zeros.

The only bad things today are a VWAP again below $1, that a substantial portion of the buy percentage was due to those two trades at $1.04 (removing them would drop it to ~37% and VWAP would go to $0.9921), and I believe the PIPErs were in as I saw trades of about 15% of the day's volume, prior to those trades, go off 14:14 – 14:17. They were sells. Prior to that we had a VWAP over $1. As I noted in a comment on the concentrator, there may have been more because the sub-$1 VWAP yesterday would allow them to do more than 15%.

Today's low, high, VWAP, trade volume, and daily short sales moved -2.02%, 3.99%, 0.004%, 131.75% and infinity (yesterday was zero) respectively. Price spread today was 7.22% vs. 1.02%, 5.21%, 5.21%,. 12.63%, 9.65%, 14.00%, 6.93%, 12.50% and 8.25% on prior days.

The larger trades (>= 500) occurred on 17 of the 56 trades, 30.36%. These 19,330 shares were 73.16% of day's volume, and traded at a VWAP of $1.0005. 6 of the ...

The other 39 trades, 69.64%, traded 7,090 shares, 26.84% of the days volume. The VWAP was $0.9887. 5 trades ...

The usual is in the blog here.

Jan 9, 2015. 09:21 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    Amouna: Another possibility is that the PE group is considering taking a stake. A board seat is often one of the correlated actions.

Having said that, they would have to be seeing a lot more potential than we are seeing to be thinking along these lines.

So for the moment, your scenario *seems* more likely than mine.

MHO,
    Jan 8, 2015. 05:52 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    No "YIKES"! As mentioned, a very small position to limit the risk. They were trading blocks only and $0 wouldn't kill me on them.

But price is still above my cost basis, including fees, so I'm not even crying in my beer (yet).

Jan 8, 2015. 03:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    UBSS had 16K offered at $1 around 13:13. At 12:44 they offered 20K @ $1.15, which I, for some silly reason, found much more attractive! >;-),

Jan 8, 2015. 03:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    Well, I think I saw a ~15% PIPEr sell 14:14-14:17 today. Prior to that our VWAP was still 1/10th of a cent above $1, IIRC.

Subsequently we "tanked" as offers have now dropped to $0.985 after holding >=$1 all day.

I also suspect there's more PIPEr activity because of the subsequent action and yesterday's sub-$1 VWAP would give them leeway.

Jan 8, 2015. 03:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A speculative play on UQM [View instapost]
    DRich: LoL about the "now is the best ...".

Jan 8, 2015. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    Well, I had hopes but the last batch of trades took VWAP below $1 to $0.9987. A couple larger buys at $1 would fix it, but I don't guess there's much impetus for that.

<*sigh*>

Jan 8, 2015. 03:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A speculative play on UQM [View instapost]
    D lane: I'm thinking it'll be interesting to see if we get to $0.70 and wondering if it will be the (weak?) support I postulated.

Even if it's weak I'm contemplating buys there. But now that the market has educated me a bit more =8-O ... I'm thinking that maybe waiting for a confirmed start, at least, of an up trend might be better. I could live with missing a few pennies gain.

MHO,
    Jan 8, 2015. 03:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A speculative play on UQM [View instapost]
    DRich: I'm a bit surprised on one hand and not so on the other.

Surprised because there was nothing in the charts that said it should just keep stair-stepping lower and lower.

Un-surprised because with oil where it's at I would guess everything "greenish" in nature would be falling out of favor.

I don't know what to make of it.

I'm going to hold steady, figuring that there's only so much loss left in the downside. ... Heh. Been there before and been wrong!

Jan 8, 2015. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 385: Dec. 29, 2014 [View instapost]
    01/07/2015: EOD stuff partially copied from blog (up now).
    # Trds: 15, MinTrSz: 10, MaxTrSz: 4400, Vol: 11400, AvTrSz: 760
    Min. Pr: 0.9900, Max Pr: 1.0001, VW Avg. Tr. Pr: 0.9973
    # Buys, Shares: 6 5500, VW Avg Buy Pr: 0.9999
    # Sells, Shares: 8 5700, VW Avg Sell Pr: 0.9949
    # Unkn, Shares: 1 200, VW Avg Unk. Pr: 0.9952
    Buy:Sell 1:1.04 (48.25% "buys"), DlyShts 0 (00.00%), Dly Sht % of 'sells' 0.00%

The second day of extremely low volume and only 15 trades again means it's not worth my time, for what we might get from it, to break down trades by time, price or size today. So those are again omitted. Ditto for analysis and opinions.

Note that if we discount yesterday's opening odd-lot trade of 20 shares at $0.9600 and use the $0.9900 I suggested as a more appropriate low, the following low movement would be 0%.

I will say that the ~48% buy percentage is meaningless as I believe it's just an effect of the low volume combined with market-makers trying to make a buck. It's just a result of “churn”, which is all we're seeing ATM.

Today's low, high, VWAP, trade volume, and daily short sales moved 3.13%, -0.98%, 00.11%, 17.53% and 0% respectively. Price spread today was 1.02% vs. 5.21%, 5.21%,. 12.63%, 9.65%, 14.00%, 6.93%, 12.50%, 8.25% and 10.43% on prior days.

Most of the usual in the blog here.

Jan 8, 2015. 09:16 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment