Seeking Alpha
View as an RSS Feed

H. T. Love  

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    (GWMGF): Saw trades go at my price and lower, $0.7707, but they all missed me on the OTC market. These were all "backroom" trades.

    <*sigh*>

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 04:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    (GWMGF): Trying to enter @ $0.775.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 03:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    "Volume is the truth teller".

    Until we see volume start to come in all the charts and TA indicators are suspect. TA includes consideration of volume as an important factor.

    So far, only 32,380 volume and that started after a long "stare down" with a big spread. Even with the spread now at $0.015, still no volume coming in.

    So I can't say we *made* the bottom, but it is certainly possible. The TA indicators are mixed right now, some suggesting move up in the works, others still showing negative action possible. This is normal at points of indecision, which is essentially where we are.

    For a penny or two either way, a long-term investor could jump in anywhere here and not worry, IMO. And since we did penetrate the lowr support and bounced right back above it, some folks might feel confident moving here. Especially since it has come back above $0.60, an important level. But without volume it could be what's called "a head fake".

    For a trade, you really want to wait until some trend, supported by volume starting to appear, can be seen so that you can make sure risk/reward seems attractive for what is expected.

    I'm waiting ATM.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 02:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    I discovered later that it's a running commentary stream. Essentially a comment posted that it had to do with broker charges for handling certificates and not any SEC or DTC rule.

    After talking with ETrade and Maya (who spoke with his broker) it seems that the standard procedure is to not allow trades for non-DTC eligible stocks. The risk is that you get in them and they become ineligible before you exit.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 02:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    OK, checked with ETrade and they will not trade if restricted. I got them to post a link where we can check. new notices.

    http://bit.ly/oCJcHU

    There's usually only one or a few in each PDF.

    The list of changes to elgible us here.

    http://bit.ly/nAjX7Q

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 01:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    DRich: Not authoritative, but this quick google turned up this.

    http://bit.ly/oGVtse;type=discussion

    Looks like it's not an SEC ruling that causes the fees.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 12:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    I hadn't noticed on individual stocks, but following (SPY), trying to decide to cut losses or hang in with (SDS), I had noticed it there.

    Of course, it does have a late-day spike on a regular basis but has a long falling volume period generally starting somewhere around 10-30-11:00.

    The few times in the past I looked at (AXPW) when we had days like this I did note that the folks seemed to get tired or staring at each other and we finally get some movement but other times I didn't pay attention to that.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 11:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    (AXPW): Looks like the Mexican Standoff is in play again.

    With bid/ask of $0.57/$0.60 and about 15K best bid this am and 10K best offer, we just got our first trade @ 10:36:58 of 2K @ $0.57.

    I wonder how many days it will go on this time.

    Should we start a poll for volume today? Over under 50K? Yesterday was ~$1.89K and 25-day average is ~340K through yesterday.

    I vote under.

    In the TA biz, we suspect this is entering consolidation. Short, medium, long term? Can't tell yet.

    One good take-away is that it seems unlikely Quercus is releasing any shares into the market today.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    You got - it already did before I saw your message.

    I've not had time to take alook and guess where it might end at, but metals mining is down only 0.75% this A.M., a substantial slowing from what we saw the last few days. Might be due to US$ taking a hit this morning.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 10:15 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    (CPST): Microturbines Eligible for California's Self Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)

    Some really nice incentives in there.

    http://bit.ly/oFv8mT;p=RssLanding&amp;...

    Bill
    Sep 20, 2011. 09:02 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    (LYSCF), (NOURF): Lynas finished @ A$1.46, -0.02. Equivalent is US$1.507

    Northern Mineral convertible options exercised: 80K @ A$0.15 & 40K @ A$0.20. NOURF closed at A$0.58, +A$0.01.

    HardToLove
    Sep 20, 2011. 08:25 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    IMHO, it's the macro environment. As noted above, metal mining was down 3.26% earlier (IIRC) and finished the day down 3.44%.

    Add in that Austraila is heavily dependent on the Asian markets, as TB pointed out, and they have home grown economic problems as well. With the ASK, of which Lynas is a component, also being down, I thing it is finally getting back to levels that I'll buy in again when the charts suggest a good point.

    Right now, it's down another 3 Aussie cents to A$1.45. Do be aware that all this has been happening on very low volume so far. This suggests that it is not a fundamentals issue or investor sentiment.

    MHO,
    HardToLove
    Sep 19, 2011. 09:11 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    You meant dividends, right?

    HardToLove
    Sep 19, 2011. 06:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    >DRich: I can't comment on the litigation - I'm totally ignorant about that sort of stuff. But, ...

    Nothing unexpected here. I take this as a good sign anytime it behaves close to what we thought might occur.

    http://bit.ly/oTHMaV

    WARNING: lots of assumptions in the following that are not supported by any hard facts.

    I *suspect* that it's traders that hopped aboard prior to the nice move up (low of $0.42 8/19) through the high of $0.68 a few days prior to the R & R conference looking to take some short-term gains, which we suggested might be the case here.

    http://bit.ly/qSaewp

    Looking at intra-day activity, these thoughts seem to hold water as the largest trade was 17K (a form t, which is one that's been parceled out in small lots so as not to move price - *could* be one of the institutionals though and it is ~9% of today's volume - near a figure mentioned by JP that Quercus uses) and a few 14K and 10K blocks. So, mostly retail trades.

    So nothing exceptional. It looks like a combination of momentum players that took early profits and some others that entered late and are cutting losses - along with a possible Quercus sale?.

    Our volume is down from Friday's, so we can expect the rate of descent to slow *unless* we break an important support. We have a "minor" support in the $0.53-$0.54 area and a major one at $0.48.

    My *experimental* 10-period lower Bolinger is at ~$0.59 and we broke through that, so there ought to be some resistance to much more move down. Allowing for intra-day vacillation, I really think the $0.53-$0.54 area ought to hold *if* we see it.

    With the volume falling off and being about 1/2 the 25-day average of ~350K Friday, I suspect one, *maybe* two, more down days, with a narrowing price range and further reduced volume, ought to be near getting it done. My estimate is that the $0.53-$0.54 range ought to be our bottom *unless* Quercus has scheduled another small dump in this period. Of course, it's always possible that today made the bottom too, but the pattern & volume suggest a small move further.

    If it plays out that way, we should see price start to claw back up slowly again after another day or two.

    I'm going to have at least one small trading block buy in at the $0.54 range. Downside is no more than $0.48, IMO (and might be at the gap of $0.50-$0.51 of Fri 8/19 - Mon 8/22), and near-term upside s/b at least $0.61 just from "reversion to the mean" performance.

    Please be careful in consideration as both I and my charts are *experimental* in nature, as well as me being relatively new (i.e. I've not been doing this for decades like some and have a lot to learn yet).

    HardToLove
    Sep 19, 2011. 06:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    (CPST): I nice short video, but very well done and informative, of the Sheboygan WI WWTP installation.

    I thought some of you might enjoy it.

    http://bit.ly/rtoU07;ob=5

    HardToLove
    Sep 19, 2011. 05:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
18,416 Comments
25,675 Likes