H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 27, 2011 [View instapost]
    (LYSCF): Just a note since I've seen no comment on it. Lynas PDF on the ASX notes their ADR will be moving to OTCQX exchange - a place for the "best" OTC company shares.

This should give a pop to (LYSDY) when it happens, so my reentry will be using LYSDY I think.

Sep 27, 2011. 01:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tracking Third Quarter Performance of Energy Storage vs the S&P 500 [View instapost]
    Shoot! Ego crushed! ;-))

But I suspect "Wallet Fattened", thanks to what you show and the coming update, will more-than-offset the "pain"!

Sep 27, 2011. 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrater 13: Beginning Sept. 26, 2011  [View instapost]
    Great find. I propose that the lawmakers, administration and scientists start following JP and/or our various blogs here on SA to get a quicker read on "The Coming Future".

One thing that caught my eye in the article was "Both Toyota and Ford Motor Co. (F), which are working together to develop a hybrid system for light trucks ...".

So, although not confirmation, it does suggest (F) might be the undisclosed automaker JP has thought might be involved.

It also leads me to think (UQM) might be involved with (F) - maybe indirectly via someone like JCI - and will benefit from Ford and Toyota efforts. 'Course, Toyota probably already has another supplier, but a second source always is a nice security blanket for a large automaker.

Sep 27, 2011. 12:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    >JP: Just for clarification, IIRC, I tried to remember to emphasize that the correlation I had noticed was in direction, but not magnitude.

Your charts clearly show that I missed that magnitude correlation of several of them.

Fortunately for my ego, (XIDE) does indeed seem to have a weaker magnitude correlation than the others, if my visual take is correct. And that was the one I had been following - none of the others! <*whew*>

Thanks for following up on this. I've been trying to determine a reentry for (XIDE) and haven't seen the pattern I like yet. Your chart will aid in detecting the divergence.

Sep 27, 2011. 11:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrater 13: Beginning Sept. 26, 2011  [View instapost]
    (AXPW): DRich,

LoL! My first thought, with no malice or criticism was "He's a nascent comic!" :-))

First, I presume that TG's statement that NS is on track for a big order this year, although behind NS's own schedule, is true. With that in mind, I like my 11/20 target, although that was picked just figuring how holiday's affect things and NS might want that order out the door before EOY holidays deplete the personnel ranks for a few weeks.

Based on that, we jump well over $1. Follow-on selling to take profits will be small since, as JP has pointed out, the pool of sellers is currently a puddle and I think it's morphing towards a stain as more and more shares are falling into the "strong hands".

So we will see some near-term pps drop, but only early-on as the upward momentum tails off and looks to retrace a bit. The majority of strong hands will not let go during that time, knowing how much potential AXPW is still in the company and the pps.

As all the pundits keep driving the general market higher towards EOY, Quercus et all will need to sell a little less as holdings strengthen, removing some pressure from that quarter.

The unknown in my scenario is when & how much new share issuance. If it's large, late - I think your March scenario might come into play. But if it's smallish, timed correctly, seen as accretive - March is off the table IMO.

If we get even a rumor of the Gen 2 lines being "certified" or an additional order from a major auto manufacturer for fleet testing, that removes sub-$1 altogether I think. Or a rumor that a major battery manufacturer is sniffng hard ...

Of course, my scenario carries no more water than yours and I may be the first "clown" of many to pop out the Volkwagen!

Sep 27, 2011. 11:34 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 27, 2011 [View instapost]
    I like "Time to Fly"! Just watched "Avatar" over the weekend. A "classic" modern western. So I loved it, naturally!

Sep 27, 2011. 11:09 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    Well, with the enthusiasm for the ECB expected to adopt the leveraged U.S. model on the bond sales to "Save the EZ", and no consideration of knock-on effects or the need for Germany to have a referendum on ceding more power to the EZ, ...

The market is up, but today at 10:00 hit my expected top (issued before the latest EZ "fix") and retreated. SPX hit $1.191.14 and I was looking for $1,190ish.

I'm waiting for the knee-jerk reaction to subside and the market to start rationally evaluating this latest move and/or find the next item embedded in the "wall of worry" to reassess my thinking.

If the market doesn't find another item, I guess I have to revise upward to at least $1,22x short-term.

Inflationary expectations immediately came back into play, so metals mining +4.14%, gold up, ... all the usual suspects behaving as one would expect with another inflationary expectation.

All good for the market of course until inflation is expected to get out of hand.

I'm looking to see what effect the expected weaker China numbers have, if any.

Sep 27, 2011. 10:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 12: Beginning Sept. 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    Great analogy. I think adding in other external on-going processes, like changes in the economies of the world, the way markets behave, changes being imposed on the auto (and other) industries both by mandate and customer demands, ... is just adding to the difficulty and risk of making it to the big leagues.

Although all offer opportunity, they also offer risk, demand attention, etc.

Our "youngster with great potential" has to work much harder to keep focus *and* adapt to the constantly changing rules of the game *and* try to guess how they're going to change a bit down the road *and* prepare for them *and* still win the game being currently contested.

Sep 27, 2011. 07:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 12: Beginning Sept. 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    >DRich: I'm playing (UQM) as a long-term (very small position right now) speculative play.

The important thing is that the motor/generator is the "core" piece. Normally product-specific engineers design the system around "off the shelf components" if available. In this case they likely are as UQM has a wide array of motors and the software to manage them.

This'll give you a brief intro to UQM.

I'm staying small in it right now because of a heavy dependency on CODA coming to fruition and a big change in corporate direction to transition to a volume production manufacturer.

For more detailed evaluation, follow the links in the blog to the other resources.

Sep 26, 2011. 06:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 12: Beginning Sept. 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    LoL! Waiting for Axion as a model, we must all *feel* like Judgment day will arrive first! ;-))

Of course, that's a function of impatience.

Sep 26, 2011. 05:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    (GWMGF): Might be something U.S. specific. Today still lower highs and lows is the trend in this U.S. market.

However, it's sitting atop a rising support @ $0.65 on reducing volume, so it certainly looks like we might be bottoming.

The candlestick pattern is a Takuri line candle which reverses to a bullish pattern 66% of the time, per Bulkowski. But it doesn't perform well on reversal from a down trend and is often a short-lived up move.

Only two of the TA indicators I follow are just starting to show signs of reversing to an up move. So although I think it may be bottoming here, I can say if it will reverse up of consolidate and then go ... which way?

But we do have a gap above that "wants to fill". But that same gap will also often resistance at its low and high side.

My thinking is there's enough upside in the price that we can wait until "window dressing" is past and see what happens without giving up too much potential gain and we have a much lower downside risk in doing so.

Recall that this A.M. Lynas had a $1.0362 block trade of 311K pre-market on the TSX and look what (LYSCF) did subsequent to that today. So I don't have a strong feeling for if the Canadian markets are leading us or not.

Sep 26, 2011. 05:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 12: Beginning Sept. 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    SAE Official Journal Allows peer review. Probably an important information exchange vehicle for engineers in one discipline (e.g. batteries) to disseminate to engineers in other disciplines (e.g. automotive energy management design engineers) information relevant to them.

This also goes on in the lubrication areas and many others.

Sep 26, 2011. 04:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    (LYSCF): Maybe the down draft is over. From negative 1.43% this A.M. at my earlier post time, metals mining has recovered to +0.99%.

I'm guessing the latest EZ rumor about leveraging the ECB bond sales 8:1 to be able to by "junk" from the sovereigns and CBs has taken "Great Recession 2.0" off the table and everybody's all optimistic again now.

I'll wait 'til we see what "Fearful Friday" brings again. The ADD market will certainly find another heretofore overlooked worry waiting in the wings to scare everyone silly.

MHO,
    Sep 26, 2011. 03:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    I lose! (MCP). I should've known - they don't know any other names.

Sep 26, 2011. 02:56 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #203, September 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    Sort of silly too. (AAPL) down on the rumor(?) that they reduced orders to some suppliers and some folks read that as indication of declining sales forecasts inside Apple.

OTOH, with Apple's record of ever-higher levels of integration at the chip level and innovation and short product cycle it's likely, IMO, that it's just the next whatever needs fewer of some specific chips.

DOH!