H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    (AXPW): DJ reports Form 4 for Quercus sales of 55.5K @ $0.60 9/16-9/21.

Sep 21, 2011. 06:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    (MOS): Per marketwatch, Mosaic will replace National Semi in the S&P 500.

Congrats to those holders!

Sep 21, 2011. 06:02 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    (AXPW): JIC anybody else sees the low of $0.57 and exclaims "OMG", be aware that it was a single trade of 557 shares.

So no need to get your panties in a bunch! :-))

Other than that, our low was $0.59 - we still look good ATM for very little downside. But (queue the "Jaws" theme http://bit.ly/nPpUob;NR=1&feature=... we still need to get out of this falling channel before it drags us down!

Sep 21, 2011. 05:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    Sonrisa: If we include after-hours (AH trades) you also hit - 50.47K!

Congrats!

HsrdToLove
    Sep 21, 2011. 05:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    Welcome Sonrisa!

The $0.59 is one of the ranges we called for a short while back - $0.57-$0.59. We were hoping that it might find a bottom there and we got close, $0.555, so far.

That *looks* to be a near-term bottom ATM and seems to have entered a short-term consolidation. But that is within a falling trading channel we called for and until it breaks out of that channel we can't have much confidence about near-term direction.

There's no doubt about the long-term prognosis ATM. I think no doubt will enter unless some milestone is unexpectedly extended out (NSC?) and/or they suddenly raise cash when it was not expected (I.e. contrary to what they said their plans were).

MHO,
    Sep 21, 2011. 05:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    WSJ just put out an article around 15:00 today talking about how REE prices seemed to have settled after having such a big run.

This may provide some continued downward price pressure as the ... "ignorant folks" that see only short-term factors assume that the companies are *now* no longer as valuable as they were yesterday.

But we know the multi-year story is still intact. The only big risk seems to be if we do have a really major increase in the rate of decline of global GDP and/or heavy long-term deflationary pressures in the OECD countries, which I presume to be the (current) heaviest customers for the REOs.

Sep 21, 2011. 05:03 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    LT: Good eye. It's also possible that it's a market maker positioning, whatever that means. That's why whenever I see "odd" moves I check "Time & Sales" for the individual trades and/or the 1-minute chart.

There are a lot of stocks that have the symptoms you detected.

hardToLove
    Sep 21, 2011. 04:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    (LYSCF): Considering all the GDP/economics things, considering my charts, I think it's quite reasonable to see Lynas catch a $1.15 here in the U.S and maybe even move.

A *brief* summary": the volume today was high on a move down but I can't call it a spike denoting a possible capitulation, such as was seen on the ASX, because our volume here has been building up for the last 5 days. So even though it's 2.7M today is much higher than both yesterday's 1.64M and the 25-day average from Tuesday of ~650.8K, I'm not looking for a quick reversal here.

Having said that, the volume out of context certainly would qualify as capitulation and we have a gap open down that will want to be filled.

All this to say that I still find it very difficult to try and catch a trend change or even see a trend sometimes on Lynas, as it has been for quite a while.

The one thing that recently (again) seems to be playing reliably is the dollar conversion from the ASX close. Quite a few days we get right into the range indicated by that metric.

So I plan to key off that, as well as whatever else I can ken that seems to be reliably apparent to me at the time, for an entry again.

*If* I'm as lucky as last time, I'll have a good run right up through the announcements of important Lynas milestones and be able to make a decision to just hold (at last a core position) from then on.

It's still just as good a company as it has ever been and what we have right now is just a broken stock (market) which will come back to what it's true value s/b over time.

MHO,
    Sep 21, 2011. 04:53 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    (GWMGF): Using advfn, I checked the buy/sell ratio (trades at ask considered "buys" and those at bid considered "sells") and today it was 5:1 sells:buys.

Volume of 358.7K was above the 25-day average of ~307K but lower than yesterday's ~651.6K. The intra-day low of $0.745, lower than yesterday's low, and the lower intra-day high of $0.8063 suggests the correction is still in progress since its volume was not awfully low.

If it doesn't reverse tomorrow, $0.73 seems to be the next potential reversal point, followed by $0.72.

Waiting, waiting, ...

Sep 21, 2011. 04:29 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, September 21, 2011 [View instapost]
    (LYSCF): An impressive and disappointing, to me, statistic: Lynas market cap is almost halved in about 7 weeks.

I'm licking my chops here, I'll tell ya'. But I'm going to wait for an (almost) sure end to this down leg.

Sep 21, 2011. 03:53 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    (SPX): Looks like we might test $1170 support today.

Sep 21, 2011. 03:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    You know what I find most aggravating about all the Fed's actions? They show they have absolutely 0 concern for the savers and retirees of this country that worked so hard all their lives. It's all about markets of one type or another.

And we can't do as well as Japan as nobody in his right mind (other than market *players*) will be buying treasuries or saving at the rates that can be garnered.

It's not only a shame, it's despicable that their only concern is to make whole those that took excessive risk and now they shouldn't have to pay the price - the cost of that risk is transferred 100%, in various ways, to those whom(?) just went through life "doing the right thing".

MNSHO,
    Sep 21, 2011. 03:27 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Oil Sands be USA's trump card?  [View instapost]
    DG: I'm averaged in at the same level. I'll cry in my beer along with you!

But I'm going to do what TB is suggesting and doubling in the high teens.

Fortunately for me it's currently a small position.

Sep 21, 2011. 03:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axion Power Concentrator 11: Beginning September 16, 2011 [View instapost]
    "I'm seeing 32K now so my over for today looks pretty safe"

Careful John! These folks have demonstrated an ability to just stare at each other for *very* long times.

I'm still thinking < 40K.

HardToLove

EDIT: It just hit 40K+ You win!
    Sep 21, 2011. 03:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #202, September 13, 2011 [View instapost]
    (SDS): (SPX) down to $1185.02, -~1.42%. This one might pay off as the $1190 area was an important tech support area. But I still have a few percentage points to go to get even since I entered way too early - the same as being wrong.

Sep 21, 2011. 02:38 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment