H. T. Love

View H. T. Love's Comments BY TICKER:
  • QuickChat #187, July 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    Here's the third Langone segment.

www.cnbc.com/id/158402...

Jul 28 09:07 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #187, July 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    Here's the first two. I hope they post 'em all - he rips BHO in one segment.

www.cnbc.com/id/158402...
    www.cnbc.com/id/158402...

Jul 28 08:26 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • QuickChat #187, July 22, 2011 [View instapost]
    It's worth catching Ken Langone's interview on CNBC's Squawk Box this morning. When a link is up for that segment in the videos section, I'll post it.

Jul 28 07:50 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Notes And More From Axion's Shareholders' Conference [View instapost]
    (AXPW): Beta currently shows @ 1.2 - nice and low.

Don't overlook trend lines and patterns. It's been in a descending wedge for several weeks (since 7/5 top and 7/11 low).

Bulkowski says break is up 68% of the time. I would be hesitant to use the word "break" for what I expect to see though.

The support line of that wedge was penetrated 7/25 and rebounded to close at the high of the day $0.65, quite a bullish sign, relatively speaking.

Since then (only two days though!), the lows have risen, diverging from that falling support, and the highs have been dropping. This is making a short-term symmetrical triangle, a consolidation pattern that normally indicates continuation of the trend leading into it.

Since the trend has been definitely sideways, I really expect that to resume - no big down and a little up, initially.

*If* we have a step down (still a 32% chance), I expect $0.60 to hold at the closes. We have strong demonstrated support there. Of course, an intra-day overshoot is very common, so a $0.59 or so would certainly not be a surprise.

I *suspect* we go to >=$0.66 first though, maybe $0.67 (20 day SMA $0.666 yesterday and falling) as we complete another oscillation between the converging support and resistance lines.

I know it seems rather silly contesting fractional pennies moves, but what else is there to do for "fun" while we wait? |:-\

There's lots of other trend lines and price points in play, of course, but they are not on the short-range doppler radar ATM.

MHO,
    Jul 28 06:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • June Hindenburg Omen Blog [View instapost]
    "Y'all have been so loyal, it's the least I can do."

And in Southern Canadian that would be

"Y'all have been so loyal, it's the least I can do, eh?"

Jul 27 06:57 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swine Flu News Concentrator May 12, 2011 to July 29, 2011 [View instapost]
    "13 players in India contracted H1N1 at a global badminton tournament"

Somethings wrong - you sure it wasn't "avian (birdy) flue"?

<*ducks flying shoes*>

Jul 27 05:49 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swine Flu News Concentrator May 12, 2011 to July 29, 2011 [View instapost]
    What's interesting to me is the way all the Yahooers thought it was such a great deal when Rahul was canned and they just knew this new crew, which had a history of selling companies, was going to get them BIG PROFIT in SHORT ORDER!

Since then, into the crapper.

Might not be related, but I just find it interesting how they'll blame everything on incompetence and figure any change is an improvement.

I haven't visited Yahoo since, but I wonder if they are now busily bad-mouthing the new crew.

Jul 27 04:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, July 26, 2011 [View instapost]
    (GWMGF): BTW, looks to make an "outside reversal" down today. Generally considered a bear move.

But we might want to take a grain of salt with it because of the overall market here.

HardToLove

P.S. Last three minutes had the usual manipulation. Prior trade of 150 shares @ $0.9724 and last 3 minutes had a total of 500 shares taking us to $0.985.

Prior significant trades were 12K @ 15:37 $0.9552 close.
    Jul 27 03:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, July 26, 2011 [View instapost]
    (GWMGF): 7/21 high $0.9474, 7/22 low $0.9421 per Power ETrade Pro chart. The web site shows 7/21 high of $0.95 and 7/22 low of $0.94. It does rounding, which I don't care for.

No gap that I can see.

When we didn't see the price range narrow, I felt the flag wouldn't form. It's a consolidation pattern and we should have seen either a very narrow, or narrowing, price range with reducing volume. Sans that, I couldn't place a bet on the flag.

I can't argue with the "how ill they pay for it" assessment as it was really just wondering on my part as to what was acting on price today when the news should be a positive. As I mentioned, it could be just overall market too, but I didn't want to assume anything.

Jul 27 03:53 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, July 26, 2011 [View instapost]
    (LYSCF): What?! Requiring *rational* discussion and fact-based decision making?!

It's a CIA ploy to kill the movement - gotta be!

Thanks for the link mercy.

Jul 27 03:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • June Hindenburg Omen Blog [View instapost]
    One of the best things about that song, IMO, was that it captured an all-too-common state of father/son relationships in these recent generations.

As you said, a sad song - one of my all-time favorites.

Jul 27 03:02 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, July 26, 2011 [View instapost]
    (GWNGF): Just want to update folks on what I'm seeing right now.

GWM is trying to hold above the rising former resistance (now a potential support) @ ~$0.98. If it closes below this line there's a good chance it starts trading within this former channel, which *is* rising, for a while before it can break out again.

Of course, general market sentiment might affect this, as always.

The channel has a 15 cent spread, $0.83/$0.98 today and rises about $0.015/day.

There's a very short-term rising support *within* that channel currently @ $0.945 and rising ~$0.017/day. *If* this support, which rises *faster* than the larger channel, holds, which it has today (being buttressed by a regular price support from highs of early March and early April) then we would likely see either a stronger consolidation trend (stronger being narrowing price range and falling volume more rapidly) or a continuation of the uptrend begin.

Since the news today of selecting an engineering firm hasn't moved price up strongly, I think there's a lot of concern about how all this gets paid for and/or there's a lot of profit taking.

It'll probably take some more days to tell.

Anyway, even though below $1 may be looking attractive, I'm suggesting that an even more attractive entry *may* become available.

It's really to early to tell, but I remain alert (we need more "lerts" - they've been over-hunted :-))

My initial potential reversal point right now resides around $0.97 (put only one prior test of that price point where it acted as resistance) - WHOOPS! Just broke through there - and then $0.90, which has shown support a couple times in late April and early May.

As usual, consider my experimental nature, n00biness, etc.

Jul 27 02:54 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Swine Flu News Concentrator May 12, 2011 to July 29, 2011 [View instapost]
    (NVAX): Taking advantage of the cyclical behavior, I shorted some $2 strike August calls for $0.17 on 7/25.

Since I've done this sort of thing so many times before on the blocks I now hold, it''s zero-risk since my cost basis is now well below $2.

Depending on how the charts look at various points, I'll either close them out around a nickel to take profits or let them expire on the 20th.

Jul 27 02:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, July 26, 2011 [View instapost]
    Rare earth prices from one source.

mineralprices.com/defa...

Jul 27 01:28 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, July 26, 2011 [View instapost]
    (LYSCF, LYSDY): I don't know how widely read this site is, but some more mention about Lynas Malaysia concerns. However note that no real conclusions are drawn as they are apparently more technically trading oriented.

www.24hgold.com/englis...