View Hale Stewart's Articles BY TICKER:
- I'm Raising The Caution Flag On The U.S. Economy
- Once More Into The Breach On Wages And Income Since The Great Recession
- International Economic Preview For The Week Of March 30-April 3
- Weekly Indicators: Introducing The Billion Prices Project Edition
- International Economic Week In Review: Euro Turnaround May Be In Process
3 Very Mixed Forward-Looking Signals From This Morning's GDP Revisions
Sat, Mar. 28 • Comment!
- Kraft Is A Great Company For Heinz To Purchase
- Has The EU Finally Turned The Economic Corner?
5 Graphs To Watch In 2015: Second Update
Tue, Mar. 24 • Comment!
- Microsoft Still A Growth Story
- International Economic Preview For The Week Of March 23-27
- Weekly Indicators For March 16-20
No, The Yield Curve Is Not Forecasting Mediocre Growth; Right Now It Actually Isn't Forecasting Anything
Fri, Mar. 20 • 7 Comments
- Is 2% Core Inflation The Fed's Target, Or A Ceiling?
- With A Yield Over 5%, Take A Long Look At Philip Morris
Ignore Housing Starts, Housing Permits Were Encouraging
- You don't need decent weather to get a housing permit. You need decent (or at least not horrendous) weather to actually start building a house.
- This makes winter housing starts particularly volatile.
- Housing permits in February were only exceeded by last October, and the YoY trend has turned up mildly.
International Economic Preview For The Week Of March 16-20
Mon, Mar. 16 • Comment!
- February Retail Sales: How Big Of An 'Ouch!'?
- Weekly Indicators For March 9-13: Importing Deflation Edition
In Which I Look Strangely At Paul Krugman
Sun, Mar. 15 • 7 Comments
- International Economic Week In Review: Causes Of Global Deflation Edition
- A 2-Year Comparison Of The Yen, Australian Dollar, Loonie, U.S. Dollar, Pound And Euro
- Inflation In The 21st Century: Oil, Not Wage Growth Or Unemployment, Is The Issue
- Weekly Indicators: Negativity Spreads From Coincident To Short Leading Indicators Edition
- More Signs Point To A Slowdown In Q1 U.S. Growth
When Will Happy Days Be Here Again?
Mon, Mar. 2 • 5 Comments
- Weekly Indicators: Warning Of A Poor Q1 GDP Edition
Revised Q4 2014 GDP: Good News On Proprietors' Income, Mixed On Residential Investment
Sat, Feb. 28 • Comment!
- Welcome To Good Deflation: Real Retail Sales Flat, Real Average Wages Highest In 35 Years
- The U.S. Housing Recovery Is Strengthening
Did Real Wages Continue To Decline In 2014?
Wed, Feb. 25 • 1 Comment
- Weekly Indicators: A Siberian Chill To Coincident Indicators Edition