Hamlet Capital

View Hamlet Capital's Comments BY TICKER:
  • AUD/USD - Drops Sharply To 3-Month Low Near 0.89 [View article]
    FYI
    Dec 13 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Still Not Enough Demand For A Rally [View article]
    Hold off until January as there might be substantial tax-loss harvesting this month with paper gold.
    Dec 5 07:19 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    Less than 4 months later, it's hanging on at $10.73. Buying some more?
    Nov 8 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]

Ouch!
    Aug 8 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebble Mine On The Rocks [View article]
    I fail to see your point. I'm not stating whether or not those companies can be trusted, but that their past behaviors do them no present-day favors. It can hardly be disputed that past actions color current perceptions. Continue with your ad hominems, if it makes you feel better, but they can't change facts.
    Jul 28 11:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebble Mine On The Rocks [View article]
    There is always the threat of executive order, especially on the last day in office.
    Jul 24 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebble Mine On The Rocks [View article]
    I agree that the interference is out of control, but acknowledging this doesn't make mitigate Pebble's problems.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Jul 23 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebble Mine On The Rocks [View article]
    "But the EPA said the analysis will remain part of the public record."

Thanks for the link.
    Jul 23 10:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hard Times Ahead For South African Gold Miners [View article]
    Thanks for the comments ...
    1) The Rand depreciation emboldens the NUM in its demands, especially given the dramatic rise in fuel costs. Should have made that clearer.
    2) Sometimes that can be the case.
    3) There is no arguing that; try to convince the ANC rank and file.

Gold is still moving very well today, but I'm not convinced that the "correction" is over yet.
    Jul 22 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hard Times Ahead For South African Gold Miners [View article]
    Excellent points, thanks.

Side: Gold opens at $1316 in Asia today.
    Jul 21 07:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hard Times Ahead For South African Gold Miners [View article]
    I didn't include DRD, but I'd say that it has more of a cushion on account of its lower cost per ounce. Labor action at specific companies tend to be at underground mines, but DRD is still subject to NUM's general demands.
    Jul 21 02:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    I have no position with CDE and never have.

As for Krebs, company executives' words should never be taken at face value. I refer you to Mark Twain and his definition of a mine.
    Jul 17 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    "No one knows the timing ..."
    That's the whole point.
    Coeur might be sitting on this property for a long, long time.
    Jul 17 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    I have no idea. 35 years ago many thought that silver would go over $100 and stay there.
    What's more important are the relative prices of inputs--diesel, electricity, water, wages, etc. If silver goes to $35, but oil goes to $150, then I'm not sure there would be much to gain for CDE.
    I do expect silver to fluctuate, but I'm much more comfortable with a physical silver investment than with equities.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Jul 17 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    That was supposed to be d/a. I've submitted a correction. Thanks.
    As far as l.t. d/e, I calculate 14.02 from q1 2013.
    Jul 17 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment