Hamlet Capital

View Hamlet Capital's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Have Uranium Miners Hit Rock Bottom? [View article]
    Sorry, but I'm not convinced with UEC.
    Jan 2 02:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Have Uranium Miners Hit Rock Bottom? [View article]
    You're welcome.
    Jan 2 12:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Have Uranium Miners Hit Rock Bottom? [View article]
    Yes, the MT for MW will be important. As for when, much depends on the rate of construction vs. rate of decommission.
    Jan 2 12:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Seizures By Morales Highlight Bolivia Risk [View article]
    Thanks for your comments.
    As I noted elsewhere, Bolivia is only one dancer in the "resource nationalism" troupe. From a broader perspective, that movement is gaining momentum, in my opinion.
    I have found very little information, except for that released by CDE, regarding assurances from authorities. My Spanish isn't the best, so perhaps I missed something while reviewing Bolivian sources.
    Time will tell whether "most analysts" were correct or not.
    Thanks again for your thoughts.
    Jan 1 01:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • New Seizures By Morales Highlight Bolivia Risk [View article]
    Thanks for your comments.
    The references to dwindling investment refer largely to the mining sector.
    As has been pointed out before, I have revised that paragraph. My sources as cited for SB mine are from CDE ... http://bit.ly/VU45jr ... 44,515 / 115,983 = 38.38
    For the 20% figure as cited, http://bit.ly/S213z1
    Regarding the Jacob Ostreicher, he's still under house arrest, hardly free. The judges were jailed as a form of damage control. Negative publicity threatened to expose the reality of doing business in a place with arbitrary property seizures and arrest.
    I'm well aware of other South American states with similar sentiment. In fact, I agree with many of their criticisms of the U.S. dollar. It is their proposed solutions that I disagree with and argue their lack of sustainability. As for the CELAC summit, I fully expect Morales to be scathing in his statements and demand redistribution for carbon emissions, or other criteria. The sense of entitlement, reinforced by metaphysical constructs, is disturbing.
    Dec 31 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Seizures By Morales Highlight Bolivia Risk [View article]
    Control? Influence? At what point does influence become control? Semantics ...
    Dec 31 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mining Stocks And Resource Nationalism [View article]
    Thanks, I've had an article in the pipeline about that, should be published soon.
    Dec 30 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mining Stocks And Resource Nationalism [View article]
    Thanks for all your comments.
    I plan on posting a comprehensive chart in the next few weeks, fully weighted, etc., so stay tuned!
    Dec 30 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mining Stocks And Resource Nationalism [View article]
    Thanks for your comment!
    Dec 28 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yen Doesn't Live In A Vacuum: Shorts Take Notice [View article]
    I would argue that when it comes to central banks, there is no difference between "created" and "borrowed" money. Central banks "create" money when they are "borrowed" from.

As for the notion that "spending, public and private, deficit or otherwise, should be encouraged", credit expansion is to blame for asset bubbles and merely delays pain and compounds it for future generations.
    Dec 26 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Bond Bears Should Wait [View article]
    Nobody can predict the "when", that will depend on mass perceptions. Since the ultimate backer of the USD is the U.S. armed forces, I believe that the "end game" will consist of war and untold human suffering.
    Play it with liquid tangible assets in your possession.
    Dec 26 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Have Brazil And Mantega Gone Too Far? [View article]
    Right, it won't be pretty.
    Dec 26 12:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Have Brazil And Mantega Gone Too Far? [View article]
    It's too bad, really.
    The credit card comment is interesting. If I was convinced that my paper currency was going to be worth significantly less in the near future, then I'd buy all the liquid tangibles I could with credit.
    Dec 24 08:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • South Africa's Golden Tightrope [View article]
    Those multiples reflect the risk.

If gold rises sharply over a time and conditions in SA, and world in general, don't improve to any significant degree, I would fully expect escalating labor unrest and even nationalization.

"""Perhaps JP and his allies are prepared to turn the screws on the SA administration."""--pure speculation on my part.

Anyway, good luck with your trade.
    Dec 24 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment