Hamlet Capital

View Hamlet Capital's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • South Africa's Golden Tightrope [View article]
    That's right, in times of trouble they will seek the comfort of their base.
    Dec 22, 2012. 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • South Africa's Golden Tightrope [View article]
    Well said.
    I missed this yesterday ... http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 22, 2012. 10:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Spain's Pain Not Reflected In Markets [View article]
    Yes, indeed. But then again, the entire world seems overly optimistic, according to these fellows:
    Dec 20, 2012. 08:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AUD/USD - Drops Sharply To 3-Month Low Near 0.89 [View article]
    FYI
    Dec 13, 2013. 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    Less than 4 months later, it's hanging on at $10.73. Buying some more?
    Nov 8, 2013. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]

Ouch!
    Aug 8, 2013. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebble Mine On The Rocks [View article]
    There is always the threat of executive order, especially on the last day in office.
    Jul 24, 2013. 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pebble Mine On The Rocks [View article]
    I agree that the interference is out of control, but acknowledging this doesn't make mitigate Pebble's problems.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Jul 23, 2013. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hard Times Ahead For South African Gold Miners [View article]
    Thanks for the comments ...
    1) The Rand depreciation emboldens the NUM in its demands, especially given the dramatic rise in fuel costs. Should have made that clearer.
    2) Sometimes that can be the case.
    3) There is no arguing that; try to convince the ANC rank and file.

Gold is still moving very well today, but I'm not convinced that the "correction" is over yet.
    Jul 22, 2013. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    I have no position with CDE and never have.

As for Krebs, company executives' words should never be taken at face value. I refer you to Mark Twain and his definition of a mine.
    Jul 17, 2013. 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    "No one knows the timing ..."
    That's the whole point.
    Coeur might be sitting on this property for a long, long time.
    Jul 17, 2013. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    I have no idea. 35 years ago many thought that silver would go over $100 and stay there.
    What's more important are the relative prices of inputs--diesel, electricity, water, wages, etc. If silver goes to $35, but oil goes to $150, then I'm not sure there would be much to gain for CDE.
    I do expect silver to fluctuate, but I'm much more comfortable with a physical silver investment than with equities.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Jul 17, 2013. 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coeur Mining And La Preciosa: Right Mine, Wrong Time [View article]
    That was supposed to be d/a. I've submitted a correction. Thanks.
    As far as l.t. d/e, I calculate 14.02 from q1 2013.
    Jul 17, 2013. 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Seizures By Morales Highlight Bolivia Risk [View article]
    Dr. Lew? Treasury Sec. is merely a facilitator between the banks and the govt. It's his job to be "cozy" with the banks.
    Jan 10, 2013. 12:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mining Stocks And Resource Nationalism [View article]
    I refer you to my copper article, the one in which I write, "Even in supposedly friendly mining jurisdictions like Canada, Taseko is struggling with labor disputes and First Nations' objections, while Teck has been frustrated by environmental opposition."
    Perhaps my Toronto bosses missed that one.
    Jan 4, 2013. 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment