Han Jun Low

View Han Jun Low's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Reasons For Gold Going Into 2015 [View article]
    No worries :). Btw, that figure was at least a year old from the sources I could find. It's likely quite a bit bigger now
    Feb 2, 2015. 05:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons For Gold Going Into 2015 [View article]
    No worries, I appreciate the feedback :)
    Feb 2, 2015. 05:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons For Gold Going Into 2015 [View article]
    Fair enough, I am aware of these differences, but thanks for the headsup. I would however point out that the problems of Greece do not only lie with adopting the Euro.

Should Greece choose to default on its debt, it might well be kicked out of the EU as well as the Eurozone; The so-called benefits and/or costs of the integration of countries extend beyond the mere monetary region. I did not mean to imply that both terms are necessarily interchangeable, but they do apply sufficiently in my article, I think.
    Feb 2, 2015. 05:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons For Gold Going Into 2015 [View article]
    Thanks. It's certainly lookin' that way sadly
    Feb 2, 2015. 05:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medusa Mining - A Low Cost Gold Miner Poised For A Big October Re-Rating [View article]
    Great assessment, you certainly summed up all the reasons I was aware of, plus one I had not been aware of. I agree, and buy a bit more every time it dips. I hope that the share starts being traded rationally soon!
    Oct 10, 2014. 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm thinking of picking some more of this stock up; any idea why it was hit so hard though? It began falling before gold spot got hit, and proceeded to fall on practically no news. It crashed when gold became bearish, all the way below 1200, and continues to crash in price despite gold returning to 1220. It makes no sense.....
    Oct 10, 2014. 03:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver fix goes electronic [View news story]
    Strange. gold and silver just took a massive hit at around 1pm london time.
    Aug 15, 2014. 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Italy's New And Improved GDP [View article]
    Its actually working quite well from me; I bought when people were literally crying that gold would fall under 1200..... People such as yourself, who have no evidence for your claims; I seek to provide a basis for my claims at the very least. It is up to interpretation how useful this evidence is to people with differing opinions.

You bring the reader's attention to a very specific speculative trade. Trying to hype your own stocks in the comments section is not the way to go. I would suggest that you write your opinions down and back it up with evidence, and then publish it. Feel free to discuss matters in a civil matter here though, if you so desire.
    Jun 5, 2014. 09:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: The Declines Won't Stop Here [View article]
    Hilarious indeed, that you would be incapable of making any effort whatsoever to understand my comment. I am not arguing that Ukraine WILL be the start of ww3, but that generally people like yourself have underestimated the probability of unlikely events, picking up pennies in front of a steamroller. My main beef lies with how you simply wait for a correction and then start spewing this rhetoric, and provide no proof, recycling old points reused from every other gold bear.

Anyway, thanks for reporting my comment before replying. The number of people who agreed with my assessment of your work via 'likes' seems to indicate that I had spoken truthfully, albeit in an untactful manner.

Gold is up again fyi, so much for your 'predictions'. Honestly, if I wrote an article every time it went up, I'd have no time for work. I wish I knew your secret.
    Apr 4, 2014. 08:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: The Declines Won't Stop Here [View article]
    I find it interesting that he is willing to make a call regarding the probability that war will not blow out from Ukraine to spread all over the region. Based on what evidence? And then if war does occur, destroying is predictions (which would have gone bust on their own anyway), he'll go 'oh, but nobody can predict the future'..... Which is exactly why some small credence should be given to any prospect of drawn-out conflict, however small.

WW1 started from a buildup of military assets followed by perhaps a red herring assassination. Small conflicts have a habit of lasting longer than predicted, and often herald political and diplomatic grievances that may precipitate larger conflicts.
    Mar 25, 2014. 07:25 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gold Is Still Good As Gold, And Why Bears Can Keep Their Short-Run Win [View article]
    Thanks, I had not intended to propagate the 'low CPI' argument, but my main point is this: IF the inflation we see in the market were X%, imagine what it would be if the rest of QE were to be released into the economy; X*3 perhaps. Further imagine what would occur if the money that had been released was not channeled into stocks but into the economy directly as had been 'intended' ( I use that term loosely because the Fed's stated and actual intentions may be at odds) (X*3)^2. Now X might be 1-2% as claimed by the Fed, but it may also be much higher depending on what basket of goods they had chosen...... You know what I'm implying :). The fact is that inflation would be drastically affected by where the money had been first directed, hence stocks face X^2 inflation. I'm oversimplifying this process, perhaps, but this is my view of how inflation would have been affected.
    Jan 4, 2014. 02:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If the market were rational, there would be no way for any trader to make money. Indeed no way for any investor to make money either. There are pockets of irrationality everywhere, the question is, are we the rational ones or they? That question can be answered with research and a great deal of digging; I have yet to see any reason that is strong enough to sway my investing decision.

I will admit that even the rational can become irrational with time, thanks to over-speculation and changing fundamentals; I do not believe that is so yet.

What you are suggesting however is not that they are more rational, but more capable of controlling the market. That is where my doubt stems mostly.
    Jan 1, 2014. 10:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CoinsK makes a good point. Bonds are not without some risk, and are in fact more risky than you would allude to because

1) at current interest it only 'guarantees' that your money is worth less at a slower pace than cash

2) there is an over-hype on the 'recovery' in the US and

3) the Fed has done its darnedest to suppress rates for a reason, if it fails, you will find that bonds are the main concern, NOT even the overblown stock-market is as exposed to this possibility (Especially if they are international corporations). If it succeeds in suppressing rates you get below-inflation returns for a short period before we have this same discussion again. This is a classic no-win situation.
    Jan 1, 2014. 10:14 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am unsure what scares me more, an incompetent Fed or one that knowingly seeks to fool us. To be fair, Keynesians tend to have a misguided belief regarding 'animal spirits'...
    Dec 28, 2013. 09:37 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No worries Audiosticks, I'll write when I have something of quality to publish, or an axe to grind :P.
    Dec 28, 2013. 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment