Hanson So

View Hanson So's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Illegal Products Could Spell Big Trouble At Lumber Liquidators [View article]
    Finally today, the stock falls
    Apr 30, 2015. 02:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Q1 Report Shows Mixed Results: Is A Secondary Offering Just Around The Corner? [View article]
    I think we had the opportunity to vote against these absurd payments
    May 29, 2014. 03:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Could you explain more about the laches issue? I don't understand it. I'm an investor in the company.
    May 29, 2014. 03:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo ticks higher after settling with Tyco [View news story]
    I can work with someone on this or take care of this
    May 1, 2014. 04:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo ticks higher after settling with Tyco [View news story]
    Does "confidential" means they didn't win a big settlement?
    May 1, 2014. 04:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: ZTE request for injunction stay denied [View news story]
    It will be up to a year for the settlement to reach with Google. Best strategy is to keep buying on dips. I believe in it and I'm putting my money where my thoughts are.

When one big settlement comes through this stock will skyrocket

Disclosure: I own shares in VRNG
    Mar 19, 2014. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Men's Wearhouse Rejects Jos. A. Bank's Proposal Creating A Potential Nasty Fight [View article]
    @robert89

It jumped even more because now JOSB is actually interested in talking to Mens wearhouse and letting them look at their books
    Mens Wearhouse has already shown prior interest in the stock and offered $65 per share if they were given access to their books

JOSB may be interested in doing this.

Here are the quick summary points: http://bit.ly/1kwKe8K
    Feb 28, 2014. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hilton IPO Is Not A Sleeper - Buy This Blue Chip IPO [View article]
    I'm buying and never thinking back. Going to use the stock's appreciation to stay in some nice hotels belonging to their properties
    Dec 15, 2013. 11:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My Portfolio Returned 38.29% This Year, Here's What I'm Doing For 2014 [View article]
    Interesting concepts
    Dec 5, 2013. 02:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acacia Research: A Compelling Long With Undervalued Assets [View article]
    $21.92 at the time of writing to the current price of $23.16 represents a 5.6% increase over a 12 week period - not bad

We can see $24.75's very soon possibly if bulls hold and further patent joint ventures will increase their bottom line when earning call comes out. Their current JV with Samsung: http://bit.ly/1d8jYhN
    Sep 12, 2013. 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acacia Research: A Compelling Long With Undervalued Assets [View article]
    Thank you James for your comments regarding their new addition in telecommunications. Their strategic acquisitions and ability to uphold patent disputes allows them to gain a well known reputation along with demanding a higher margin. They still have a lot of unlicensed patents in their portfolios which has a high potential for spending as well.

If I was looking at this again, I would sell long term puts and wait for the political conditions to settle.

January 2015 - $15 strikes - $1.50 - will yield 5% a year and if the company becomes cheaper we have the ability to pick it up as a bargain (highly unlikely given the current company's management team and market share gains in the market)
    Aug 31, 2013. 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acacia Research: A Compelling Long With Undervalued Assets [View article]
    Yodadog - I definitely admire your ability to take risks and move in and out of this stock - this one's a tough one to hold onto! Glad you made a good amount of profits over the year, very few can achieve that successfully!
    Aug 31, 2013. 12:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Environmental Fines Leave Detrex's Share Price Depressed [View article]
    Credits to Date Waters for this find when the company was in it's $16's. His blog can be found: http://bit.ly/14IgMHy
    Aug 29, 2013. 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acacia Research: A Compelling Long With Undervalued Assets [View article]
    I wanted to credit the source who provided me with the information in this thesis. I believe it's Luis Ahumada - PM of Thrive Capital who deserves credit for this recognition, who can be reached at @thrivecap.
    Aug 29, 2013. 08:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Acacia Research: A Compelling Long With Undervalued Assets [View article]
    LightseedVC, you are correct and thank you for mentioning this. The stock would be worth, at minimum $10 per share. Acacia is becoming a big play in the IP industry, representing over 10% of all lawsuits which is a huge amount considering the amount of competition out there. Gross margins should continue to increase as well due to reduced legal fees in enforcement activities, and more deals done in high-margin international deals.

Acacia will be able to purchase patents much cheaper as they grow their reputation and develop niche expertise.
    Aug 29, 2013. 08:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment