View as an RSS Feed
View Hawkinvest's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, AB, ABR, ABT, ABX, ACCO, ACI, AGCO, AGNC, AINV, AMD, AMTG, APU, ARCC, ARR, AUMN, AVNW, AXL, AXTI, AXX, BA, BAC, BBEP, BBRY, BDCL, BHI, BKCC, BP, BRCD, BRSS, BWP, CAG, CAT, CELG, CHK, CIM, CLMT, CMO, COF, COP, CRNT, CSCO, CTB, CTHR, CVX, CYS, DE, DECK, DELL, DHY, DIS, DLLR, DLR, DMND, DNN, DOLE, DRYS, DVR, EHI, EMC, ERF, EROC, ETN, ETP, EXC, F, FB, FCX, FGP, FSC, FST, GBDC, GD, GE, GLAD, GLW, GM, GMO, GNW, GSK, GT, HAL, HD, HERO, HLSS, HNW, HPQ, HRZN, HTS, HYF, IBM, INTC, IRC, IRDM, IVR, JBL, JCI, JGW, JIVE, JNJ, JPM, KCAP, KKR, KO, LRE, MAIN, MCC, MCD, MCEP, MCGC, MCP, MDR, MEA, MERU, MET, MMLP, MO, MORL, MRK, MSFT, MWE, NBR, NCT, NE, NEM, NEON, NGPC, NIHD, NLY, NMFC, NOK, NOV, NRF, NRT, NTP, NZTCY, OLP, OME, ORAN, ORCL, PBR, PDLI, PNNT, PSEC, QCOM, RALY, RENN, RIG, RIOM, RST, RVM, S, SBUX, SDRL, SIRI, SLRC, SLV, SPH, STO, STS, STWD, SVBL, SVVC, SWSH, SWY, T, TAS, TCAP, TESO, TGT, TICC, TPC, TSLA, TTM, TWI, TWO, TWTR, TXT, URG, VALE, VOD, VOXX, VTG, VZ, WFT, WGA, WILC, WM, WMB, WMT, WRES, X, XCO, XOM, YHOO, ZNGA
With A Yield Over 9%, The Credit Suisse High Yield Bond Fund Is A Strong Buy
- The junk bond market has experienced a minor and healthy pullback.
- Investors have been well-rewarded by buying pullbacks in this sector for the past few years.
- With stocks near record highs and with 10-year Treasuries yielding just 2.5%, high yield bonds remain a very attractive investment.
- The Credit Suisse High Yield Bond Fund is a very attractive way to invest in junk bonds and get an above average yield of 9.1%.
Alderon: At Just $1 This Cash-Rich Iron Ore Stock Is Priced Like An Option
- Leading iron ore stocks have recently started to make "break out" moves to the upside.
- Junior iron ore mining stocks might be next to follow the lead of the iron ore giants and move significantly higher.
- Alderon shares appear significantly undervalued and at just over $1, this stock is priced like an option with significant upside potential.
- Alderon's "Kami Project" is now "shovel ready" and this company has a cash rich balance sheet as well as an impressive shareholder base.
- With a number of analysts seeing significant upside potential for this stock to trade over $3 per share, the recent pullback in this stock is an ideal buying opportunity.
These 2 Deep Value Stocks Have Significant Upside Potential And Could Be A Way To Play Defense
- While the market is near record highs, there are still stocks that offer "deep value" in terms of the PE ratio and book value.
- A number of financial services companies are trading at cheap valuations when compared to the rest of the market and could outperform in market pullback.
- Both Genworth and JGWPT Holdings look deeply undervalued and have significant upside potential after recent pullbacks.
- These stocks offer deep value and could also be "defensive" in a market pullback.
- Even as the market dropped 161 points on July 17, these stocks were barely down which shows relative strength.
These 2 High-Potential Tech Stocks Could Also Be Takeover Targets
- While the market in general might be fully or even overvalued, there are still come stocks that are worth buying.
- The two companies discussed below both offer significant upside due to the growth potential in 3-D printing and wearable technology.
- 3-D printing and wearable technology are likely to increasingly be recognized as "the next big thing", since these industries are in their infancy.
- Both Stratasys and Kopin Corporation could also be potential takeover targets, which could be another upside catalyst.
JGWPT Holdings: The 'Smart Money' Is Investing In This Deeply Undervalued $11 Stock
- At just $11, this could be one of the most undervalued stocks in the market today.
- This company has a solid business model with minimal credit risks and court-approved structured settlement deals.
- Recent merger & acquisition deals imply this stock could be worth $36 per share.
- With what is probably a one-time earnings miss out of the way and with the stock showing signs of having bottomed out, downside risks appear low and upside remains significant.
- With the stock at rock-bottom levels, short sellers could also help fuel a significant short-covering rally, which adds another potential upside catalyst.
Tasman Metals: At Just $1, This Is The Only Rare Earth Stock That I Am Buying
- As one of the largest rare earth element deposits in the world, Tasman's Norra Karr project is of strategic interest to the European Union.
- At just over $1 per share, this stock is very undervalued considering the net present value of reserves which is estimated at about $21 per share.
- Tasman Metals has a debt-free balance sheet which greatly reduces risks and the company could begin production by 2017.
- With the stock now at the low end of the recent trading range, it appears to have bottomed out and could jump as progress continues at Norra Karr.
- Analysts appear bullish and the stock has a $1.75 price target in the next 12 months, but the real upside could be much higher in the long-run.
Ur-Energy: This High-Potential $1 Stock Is Like Buying An Option On Uranium That Could Pay Off Big
- A recent pullback has created a significant opportunity for contrarian investors.
- Buying uranium stocks now like UR-Energy appears to be a classic "buy low" opportunity.
- UR-Energy is producing uranium and revenues which are expected to grow in the coming years, which significantly reduces risks.
- Multiple insiders recently bought shares, which also suggests the stock is undervalued.
- Trading near very strong support levels of about $1 per share, downside risks appear limited, while upside potential is significant.
ConAgra: 7 Reasons Why Contrarians And Dividend Investors Should Buy The Pullback In This Cheap Stock
- After an earnings warning/miss, ConAgra shares are oversold and cheap.
- ConAgra shares are likely to rebound soon and now offer a juicy 3.5% yield.
- Merger and acquisition deals in the food sector have been active and that also suggests ConAgra shares are now too cheap to ignore.
- Compared to other food stocks, ConAgra appears to be a bargain.
5 Reasons Why It's Time To Buy One Of The World's Most Undervalued Assets: Silver
- Silver might be one of the world's most undervalued assets.
- As the global economy rebounds, demand for silver should also increase as it is used in many industries.
- Silver has just made a breakout move (on high volume) above the recent trading ranges and that could mean a strong new uptrend is beginning.
- "Left for dead" silver and gold stocks are coming back strong which also shows renewed interest in this asset class.
Silver Bull: Another Cheap Silver Stock That Is Priced Like An Option With Major Upside Potential
- Silver Bull shares have drifted far below fair value and could be poised to rebound sharply with silver prices.
- Silver prices have shown signs of having bottomed out and could be poised to finally rise, as industrial demand increases due to global growth.
- The "smart money", which includes hedge funds, mining giant Coeur d'Alene, insiders and others, are invested in this company.
- Silver Bull Resources is debt-free and is developing one of the largest remaining silver deposits in North America - the "Sierra Mojado".
- The value of this deposit could be worth well over $2 billion, with roughly 164 million ounces of silver and 2.2 billion pounds of zinc indicated.
Rally Software: At Just $8 This Stock Bargain Is Deeply Oversold And Poised To Rebound
- A recent pullback is excessive and has created a solid buying opportunity for this undervalued stock.
- Rally Software could be an attractive takeover target in the cloud computing space, which is one more reason it is likely to rebound.
- This company has a very strong balance sheet with plenty of cash and no debt. It is also expected to grow about 20% annually.
- Recent volume and price action indicate this stock is likely poised for a significant rebound in the coming days.
Prospect Capital: Why I Am Buying This Book Value Bargain That Yields Over 13%
- This stock is undervalued after a recent pullback and now trades at a significant discount to book value which is around $10.73 per share.
- The pullback is due to an SEC request to consolidate on its balance sheet, any company for which it owns more than 50%.
- This issue has resulted in some lawyers filing shareholder lawsuits, which has put more pressure on the stock.
- These are short-term issues that do not appear to be significant and are not likely to have any material long-term impact on the stock or the dividend yield.
- This pullback is a buying opportunity due to the 13% yield and potential capital appreciation.
Revett Mining: With Challenges, This Stock Is Priced Like An Option But Has Multiple Upside Catalysts
- Revett Mining shares have endured a perfect storm which include a production shutdown and a decline in silver prices. This has created a buying opportunity.
- This stock once traded for about $6 per share, but now can be bought for just around 80 cents in what appears to be a classic "buy low" opportunity.
- This company expects to resume production at the Troy project by Q4, and it continues to make progress in permitting the very high-potential Rock Creek project.
- The Rock Creek project is one of the largest undeveloped silver deposits and it has inferred and historical reserves that are worth many billions of dollars.
- Revett Mining has a strong balance sheet and some very "smart money" has invested, including industry giant, Silver Wheaton which owns a 14% stake.
ConAgra: Buy This Cheap Food Stock For The Yield And Upside Potential
- A flurry of merger and acquisition deals could continue to increase investor focus on food stocks.
- Many food stocks have achieved premium valuations, and yet there are still some bargains in this sector such as ConAgra.
- ConAgra shares offer value with solid upside potential, and an above average dividend yield of 3.2%.
G. Willi-Food: This $6 Food Stock Is A Bargain For Activist Investors
- This stock is way too cheap after a disappointing earnings report. Investors appear to be overlooking a major cash horde and buyout potential.
- With a cash horde that is equivalent to about half the current share price, downside risks could be limited and the company could be a takeover target.
- A billionaire recently took a major stake in this company at a significant premium, and this could lead to a 100% takeover in the future.
- A spokesperson for the billionaire also made comments that indicate major expansion potential into the USA, which could increase revenues and profits.
- With the shares now at oversold levels, this stock appears due for a significant short-term rebound, but longer-term investors could see much more.
Acco Brands: With A 15% Earnings Yield, Shorts Are Playing A Dangerous Game With This $6 Stock
- Acco Brands has a portfolio of products that are household names.
- Shorts appear to have gone too far with this stock, as the current short interest could take about 37 days of average trading volume to cover.
- The shares are very undervalued at just about 7 times earnings. Furthermore, analysts expect earnings to grow by about 10% in 2015.
- Shorts were wrong about Pitney Bowes as that stock has surged, and Acco Brands could do the same for similar reasons.
- With a very cheap valuation, earnings growth and nearly 16 million shares shorts, this stock may have nowhere to go but up.
VOXX International: At $8, This Bargain Is Deeply Oversold And Poised To Rebound
- A recent pullback is excessive and has created a solid buying opportunity for this undervalued stock.
- VOXX International has world-famous brand names in the car audio market and major supply deals with many top automakers.
- With the U.S. economy improving, this company is well positioned to rebound from a disappointing quarter.
- At just around $8 per share, this stock is deeply oversold and very cheap.
- The recent volume and price action indicate this stock is probably poised for a significant rebound in the coming days.
Charles & Colvard: This $2 Stock Bargain Is Trading Below Liquidation Value
- A sharp pullback due to a disappointing earnings report is a major buying opportunity. This stock was trading for double just a few weeks ago.
- Investors should begin to realize that the weak results were a one-time event due to harsh winter weather and a issue with one major return.
- This company has a strong balance sheet, with no debt. The inventory it holds at cost is worth more than the entire market capitalization, suggesting this stock is a bargain.
- With the stock building a base at about $2, and yet still well below book value of $2.81 per share, a strong rebound could take this oversold stock significantly higher.
Prospect Capital: Buy The Pullback In This Below Book Value Bargain With A 13% Yield
- This stock is oversold after a recent sell-off and now trades at a significant discount to book value which is $10.68 per share.
- The pullback is due to a slight earnings miss and a SEC request to consolidate on its balance sheet, any company for which it owns more than 50%.
- These issues do not appear to be significant and are not likely to have a long-term impact on the company or its generous dividend yield.
- This pullback in Prospect Capital is a buying opportunity for investors seeking yields of 13% and potential capital appreciation.
Buy Low And Sell High: This Means It's Time To Buy Target Shares
- A sharp pullback in Target shares is giving investors a significant buying opportunity.
- Investors are probably overreacting to the recent CEO resignation which might be nothing more than the board of directors doing its job after a disappointing few months.
- Target shares now yield about 3% and the stock is too cheap to ignore, particularly when compared to other retail giants like Costco.
Charles & Colvard: This $2 Jewelry Stock Is Poised For 50% Upside In The Short Term, And Much More In The Long Run
- This company has patented technology which allows it to create valuable "Moissanite" jewelry. A recent pullback due to a disappointing earnings report is a major buying opportunity.
- The disappointing earnings results appears to be a one-time event which means the buying opportunity probably won't last for long.
- At just over $2 per share, this stock trades way below book value and for just a fraction of the 52-week high. Potential downside risks appear limited at these.
- Significant insider ownership, recent insider buying, industry valuations and continued growth potential suggest the current sell-off is overdone.
- Charts and share volume also suggest the sell-off has reached a "capitulation-like" bottom and that this cheap stock is poised for a sharp rebound in the coming days and weeks.
Why EMC Is A Strong Buy For Dividend Growth And A Rebound
- A recent pullback in EMC shares is an ideal buying opportunity.
- EMC shares are now trading at strong support levels, and the stock is cheap, which means downside risks could be limited.
- Fund managers are likely to bid EMC shares back up as they need to put money to work in high-quality blue chip type stocks that offer dividend growth.
- EMC shares are now oversold and offer value at just about 12.5 times earnings. These factors should also help fuel a rebound.
Play 'Defense' In This Market With These High-Yield Dividend Stocks
- The market is rotating out of pricey momentum stocks and into value stocks with dividends.
- The "Sell in May and go away" period of the market is coming up, which means investors should consider buying defensive stocks.
- Already beaten-down stocks that offer value and high yields might be the best way to play defense for the next few months.
Ceragon Networks: 8 Reasons To Buy This Undervalued $2 Tech Stock Which Has Potential Upside To $8
- A recent pullback in tech stocks has created new buying opportunities.
- Ceragon Networks has multiple upside catalysts including a new product line and a major expense reduction program.
- A recent legal settlement will add another $17 million in cash to an already strong balance sheet.
- At just $2.70 per share and with this company poised to benefit from the increased demand in mobile and data traffic, it is cheap and poised for secular growth.
- The market appears to be undervaluing this stock as analyst price targets of $8 per share show there is significant upside potential.
Apollo Investment: A 10% Yield And Analyst Upgrades Make This Cheap Stock A Strong Buy
- A recent pullback is excessive, and has created a solid buying opportunity for this high-yielding stock.
- Multiple insiders have taken advantage of this pullback.
- These shares now offer a generous yield of about 10%.
- Multiple analysts have recently upgraded this stock, which also suggests additional upside potential.
Firsthand Technology Value: A Strong Buy With Shareholder Activism And A 30% Discount To NAV
- The pullback in the tech sector has created new bargains.
- Many tech stocks have started to rebound and investors could see the same in this tech fund very soon.
- With a recent update on net asset value being at $27.43, and the shares trading for just $20, this 30% discount makes this fund too cheap to ignore.
- With the discount to net asset value at roughly 30%, shareholder activists could get "active" again and help push change and/or the share price higher.
Why Twitter Might Rise When The IPO Lockup Expires And 2 Ways To Play It
- The pullback in Twitter shares represents a buying opportunity.
- The shares are now oversold and concerns about an IPO lockup expiration on May 5 appear overblown.
- Some insiders and major shareholders recently stated they do not plan to sell shares after the May 5 IPO lockup expiration.
- Twitter shares could now be a contrarian play and shorts who have piled in could be disappointed or even burned as the stock might rise after May 5.
- Aside from buying the stock, investors may want to consider two other interesting ways to play a potential Twitter rebound.
American Axle: Why This Cheap Auto Stock Is In The 'Buy Zone'
- A sharp market pullback in the past few days has created new buying opportunities.
- American Axle & Manufacturing shares appear dirt-cheap at just about 7 times earnings, especially considering the earnings growth for this company.
- Auto and truck sales continue to be strong and this company will benefit significantly from unit growth that could hit new highs in 2018.
- At $17 per share, this stock is oversold and could have limited downside as it has held and quickly rebounded from this level twice in the past.
Firsthand Technology Value: Buy At $21 Now And Get About $28 Worth Of Fast-Growth Tech And IPO Stocks
- A pullback in the tech sector has created new buying opportunities.
- The Firsthand Technology Value Fund has been making great investments in many high-profile pre-IPO stocks like Facebook, Twitter and SolarCity.
- This fund has invested in other promising companies that appear poised for an IPO, which is likely to boost net asset value even more.
- The pullback to $21 per share is excessive considering cash levels and a recently reported net asset value of more than $28 per share.
- Buy this fund now for either short-term or long-term gains as the tech sector is starting to rebound.
Vantage Drilling: Why The Shorts In This $1 Stock Bargain Are Likely To Get Burned
- Shares of Vantage Drilling are trading at bargain levels due to misplaced concerns.
- Shorts are likely to get burned in a short-covering rally, as it won't take much good news for this stock to take out the 52-week high of just $2.06.
- With revenues surging and the company solidly profitable, the potential upside has probably never been better.
- Insiders hold large stakes in Vantage Drilling as does Fidelity Investments (around 42 million shares) which shows a lot of "smart money" is seeing upside.
- Analyst price targets of between $3 to $4 per share also indicate major upside, and some analysts see Vantage Drilling as a takeover target due to its modern fleet.
Aviat Networks: This $1 Tech Stock Is Too Cheap To Ignore And Trading Near Cash Value
- This beaten down tech stock is too cheap to ignore at just about $1.50 per share, especially as it has over $1 per share in cash on the balance sheet.
- Aviat Networks has announced a significant cost savings program that is expected to save $18 to $20 million annually, which should contribute to profitability.
- This company has also been awarded a number of significant contracts and it sees a "growing pipeline of sales" which should boost financial results and the share price.
These 2 High-Yield Picks Could Supercharge Your Portfolio With Dividends And Capital Appreciation
- Even if rates rise, it probably won't be by much, and that is why investors are likely to continue seeking high-yield investments.
- A recent pullback in both Prospect Capital and Horizon Technology Finance are buying opportunities for investors seeking yields of 11%-12% and potential capital appreciation.
- Insiders at both of these companies are buying the pullback, which is a potentially strong sign that these stocks are undervalued. Investors should follow their lead before these stocks rebound.
- Both Prospect Capital and Horizon Technology Finance appear to have solid potential for capital appreciation, which when combined, could offer "supercharged" returns.