View as an RSS Feed
View Hawkinvest's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAPL, AB, ABR, ABT, ABX, ACCO, ACI, ACW, AGCO, AGNC, AINV, AMD, AMTG, ANGI, APU, ARCC, ARR, AUMN, AVNW, AXAS, AXL, AXTI, AXX, BA, BAC, BBEP, BBRY, BBSI, BDCL, BHI, BKCC, BP, BRCD, BRSS, BWP, CAG, CAT, CELG, CHK, CIM, CLMT, CMO, COF, COP, CRNT, CSCO, CTB, CTHR, CVX, CYS, DE, DECK, DELL, DHY, DIS, DLLR, DLR, DMND, DNN, DOLE, DRYS, DVR, EHI, EMC, ERF, EROC, ETN, ETP, EXC, F, FB, FCX, FGP, FSC, FSFR, FST, GBDC, GD, GE, GLAD, GLW, GM, GMO, GNW, GSK, GT, HAL, HD, HERO, HLSS, HNW, HPQ, HRZN, HTS, HYF, IBM, INTC, IRC, IRDM, IVR, JBL, JCI, JGW, JIVE, JNJ, JPM, KCAP, KEG, KKR, KO, KTOS, LRE, MAIN, MCC, MCD, MCEP, MCGC, MCP, MDR, MEA, MERU, MET, MMLP, MO, MORL, MRK, MSFT, MWE, NBR, NCT, NE, NEM, NEON, NGPC, NIHD, NLY, NMFC, NOK, NOV, NRF, NRT, NTP, NZTCY, OLP, OME, ORAN, ORCL, PBR, PDLI, PNNT, PSEC, QCOM, RALY, RENN, RIG, RIOM, RST, RVM, S, SBUX, SDRL, SIRI, SLRC, SLV, SPH, SPY, SSYS, STO, STS, STWD, SVBL, SVVC, SWSH, SWY, T, TAS, TCAP, TESO, TGT, TICC, TPC, TSLA, TTM, TWI, TWO, TWTR, TXT, URG, USEG, USO, VALE, VLO, VOD, VOXX, VTG, VZ, WFT, WG, WGA, WILC, WM, WMB, WMT, WRES, X, XCO, XOM, YHOO, ZNGA
Kratos: At Just $5, This Drone And Defense Stock Is Giving Investors A Half-Off Sale
- This little-known drone and defense sector stock is too cheap to ignore after a recent pullback.
- Barron's and other analysts point out this company could be ripe for a takeover and at a significant premium to the current share price.
- This company is poised to benefit from increased demand for security, surveillance, and the use of drones, which means the long-term future looks bright.
- According to multiple analysts, this stock could be worth about twice the current share price.
- This stock could also be poised for short-term gains as tax loss selling ends and potential short-covering increases in January.
January Effect Rally: Why These 'Fallen Angels' Could Outperform In 2015
- Buying beaten down stocks at this time of year can make a lot of strategic sense.
- Already cheap stocks have been getting hit with a temporary round of excess selling pressure for tax reasons.
- These types of stocks often experience strong rebounds in a "Santa Claus" rally that could start on December 19th.
- Shorts that have big gains in battered stocks often cover in January (also for tax reasons), which can fuel additional gains in a "January Effect" rally.
Oil Doomsayers Were Wrong In 2009: 4 Reasons Why They Are Wrong Now
- Oil is extremely oversold and due for a rebound.
- Oil consumption remains strong and is likely to increase thanks to cheaper prices.
- Historically oil rebounds quite quickly, especially when the U.S. and global economy are growing.
- Investors are overly negative on oil ever since the OPEC meeting, but production cuts could still be on the way.
Key Energy At $1: Priced Like An Option With Upside Potential To Match
- A massive rout in oil stocks has been caused by declining oil, extremely negative sentiment, margin call selling and tax-loss selling.
- Key Energy shares were trading for more than $10 earlier this year and now are too cheap to ignore at just over $1.
- This company has a significant amount of liquidity and a history of big comebacks.
- Key Energy shares are priced like an option and could deliver major long term upside.
- This stock is also deeply oversold and it is likely to rebound in the short term as tax loss selling fades.
Angie's List At $5: Poised For A Buyout, A Short-Squeeze And A January Effect Rally
- Angie's List shares are a compelling value and have multiple upside catalysts.
- This stock is undervalued based on rival valuations, revenue growth, and takeover potential.
- Angie's List shares have long-term potential as well as short-term potential as the end of tax loss selling and short-covering could create a "January Effect Rally".
Update: Ceragon Chairman Buys Over 1.22 Million Shares For Just Over $1
- A December 10th filing with the SEC shows that the chairman purchased over 1.2 million shares at $1.05.
- Trading for a mere fraction of a $4 analyst price target and with a market cap equivalent to less than a single quarter of revenues, upside looms.
- This stock has been forming a solid base for the past few weeks, and it could be poised to trend higher as tax-loss selling pressure fades soon.
- Ceragon Networks might have heightened takeover potential due to its low valuation.
The 'Immense Opportunity' Is Not In Exxon, It's In Small-Cap Oil Stocks
- Oil prices may not go as low as some expect and, even if they do, they probably will quickly rebound.
- The global economy appears poised for long-term growth, and the recent drop in oil prices is only likely to increase oil consumption and economic activity.
- Many investors are buying Exxon shares due to a slight pullback in that stock, but the really immense opportunity appears to be in small-cap oil stocks.
- The relative strength in Exxon could be a sign that oil is not going to see a significant additional decline.
- Small-cap stocks that have strong balance sheets, significant hedges, and even multi-year contract backlogs are worth buying now.
The Odds Of An Emergency OPEC Meeting Are Going Up
- Many investors seem convinced that Saudi Arabia is interested in a never-ending price war, but this makes zero business sense.
- Oil is a valuable resource that is not going to be pumped out at low prices forever.
- The global economy is much stronger than it was in 2009, so a return to those low price levels seems completely unjustified by the current fundamentals.
- OPEC is likely to take emergency action if oil does not stabilize soon and Saudi Arabia appears willing to act now, if other members act.
True Bargains Emerge Amid The Oil Stock Rubble: Abraxas Is Worth More Than $3
- Oil demand is likely to increase with prices at these levels, plus, the 5-year futures curve is predicting $80 oil.
- If you seek real opportunities and bargains now, the small-cap oil stocks are the place to be, not the major integrated oils like Chevron which is not down much.
- Emotional, fear-based selling, forced margin call selling and tax-loss selling pressure has temporarily and unfairly punished many smaller oil stocks.
- Abraxas Petroleum has been pushed down to just about 5 times earnings and it is hedged around 80% of its production for the next two years at about $85.
- This $2.40 stock could be poised for a very significant rally into year end as bargain hunters take notice and as tax-loss selling fades and shorts cover.
VOXX International: 6 Reasons Why This $8 Consumer Tech Stock Is A Top Pick For 2015
- VOXX International is a little-known consumer tech products company that has some world famous brands and new product launches.
- This stock has been challenged by some product launch delays in 2014, but it has recently launched a couple of very promising products including "Singtrix".
- It is also poised to launch the "360Fly" camera in early 2015, which could capture a portion of the GoPro video camera market.
- With holiday and consumer sales expected to benefit significantly from cheap oil, earnings estimates for VOXX might be too low.
- VOXX shares are undervalued and could also be poised for a Santa Claus and January Effect rally, as tax-loss selling soon fades.
Natural Gas Stocks Are 'Strong Buys' As Seasonal Demand Is Due To Spike
- Not all energy stocks are exposed to weaker oil prices thanks to hedges or because production is mostly natural gas and liquids.
- Some natural gas stocks have been unfairly dragged down by the pullback in oil and this has created a buying opportunity.
- In contrast to oil, natural gas prices have been solid for the past couple months, and have started to rise.
- Natural gas could rise significantly in the coming months and take stocks in this sector higher as well.
Eagle Rock: With A Yield Over 10%, This Well Hedged MLP Is Worth Much More Than $3
- After a $1.34 billion deal, Eagle Rock deserves a fresh look from investors as this stock does not deserve the recent pullback below $3.
- This stock is significantly undervalued when compared to other MLPs and when considering book value which is about $4.87 per share.
- Eagle Rock has a very strong balance sheet now and the funds to complete a $100 million share buyback.
- It also offers a yield of more than 10%, and some analysts believe the company will raise the payout in 2015.
- About 76% of Eagle Rock's production is gas or natural gas, which has been firm, and it is nearly 80% hedged on oil for the next couple of years.
The Oil Stock Crash Is A Major Buying Opportunity
- The crash in oil stocks is providing long-term investors with a major buying opportunity.
- Demand for oil remains strong and is likely to rise as cheap oil boosts global economic growth and as U.S. shale growth is curtailed.
- The current excess supply on the market will eventually be worked off and investors should realize that OPEC is sowing the seeds of the next big spike.
- Cheap oil stocks are worth averaging into now, especially in retirement accounts, which are ideal for long-term investments.
OPEC Does Not Cut Production: What Should Investors Do Now?
- OPEC decided to not cut production, but there might be political motivations behind the move which may be temporary at best.
- Cheap oil is likely to cause consumption to rise significantly, and fuel more global growth which will also fuel more demand.
- Cheap oil could curtail U.S. shale oil and renewable energy investments, which could ultimately lead to another oil super spike in the future.
- Investors should use this opportunity to buy shares in beaten down oil companies that have strong balance sheets, significant contract backlogs and international exposure.
Petrobras: Buy This 'Black Friday' Oil Stock Bargain While It's Still On Sale
- A decline in oil and negative headlines has cut Petrobras shares in half over the past few months.
- This pullback is overdone and negative investor sentiment is creating an ideal buying opportunity for the long-term.
- Petrobras has set goals to roughly double production by 2020 and analysts expect it to earn nearly $2 per share in 2015.
- Petrobras shares could rally into late December and January as tax-loss selling pressure ends.
OPEC Meets: Why The Oil Sector Might Not Fall, Even If There Are No Production Cuts
- Investors might be putting too much emphasis on the upcoming OPEC meeting.
- Shorts might have already overplayed their hand by expecting oil to drop much further, even if OPEC fails to cut production.
- The oil markets might have already priced in this news, meanwhile oil stocks may have already bottomed out.
- Political factors could be behind the lack of willingness to cut production, and if so, may only be temporary.
- Investors should focus on the longer term buying opportunity the decline in oil is now offering.
Willbros Group: At Just $5, This Undervalued Stock Is A Top Pick For 2015
- Many oil sector stocks are very undervalued, and appear poised for solid gains into 2015.
- Beaten-down, undervalued stocks like Willbros Group often experience strong rebounds as tax-loss selling ends.
- Willbros Group shares have been unfairly punished by a decline in oil prices and by a relatively small restatement.
- A new plan to sell non-core assets, which could generate over $125 million in proceeds and implement a $30 million cost savings plan, is a game changer.
- Willbros Group has nearly $2 billion in revenues, a $1.7 billion backlog and could earn around 80 cents per share for 2015, which supports a $13 stock price.
Ceragon Networks: 5 Reasons Why I Keep Accumulating This Low-Priced Tech Stock
- This beaten down tech stock appears to have significant upside potential.
- With a cheap valuation, rising sales, and a relatively new product line that is rapidly taking market share, the risk to reward ratio may have never been better.
- With the New Year approaching soon, this stock could rebound as tax-loss selling ends and as bargain hunters take a fresh look at undervalued stocks.
After A Parabolic Run, It Is Time To Sell Overbought Airline Stocks
- Airline stocks have surged in recent weeks which has provided a potential opportunity to sell.
- The airline sector has historically been very tough and challenges such as high fuel prices, contagious diseases, and terrorism are not gone forever.
- Investor sentiment appears way too bullish now and a recent IPO (which surged), could be a major sign of excessive optimism for this sector.
Potential Halliburton And Baker Hughes Deal Indicates Oil Stocks Are Probably Too Cheap
- Potential Halliburton And Baker Hughes Deal Indicates Oil Stocks Are Probably Too Cheap.
- Oil stocks are cheap and investors should be using this opportunity to add to their portfolios.
- The drop in oil prices has not even been for a sustained period of time yet, and do not warrant such a large pullback in many oil stocks.
- A potential deal for Halliburton to buy Baker Hughes shows that industry executives see value and buying opportunities in this sector.
Genworth: Opportunity Knocks
- A plunge of nearly 50% in Genworth shares creates another major buying opportunity for long-term investors.
- The market appears to have totally reacted by lopping off about $3 billion in market value, over a charge that was around $300 million more than expected.
- Genworth can earn its way to an improved credit rating and it is poised to benefit in the future from premium increases and policy lapses and terminations.
- At just about 6 times earnings and trading for a fraction of book value, this stock is too cheap to ignore.
IBM Is Too Cheap To Ignore After Recent Earnings Pullback
- A recent earnings miss has pushed IBM shares down significantly, but the stock appears to have bottomed-out.
- Investors can now buy IBM for less than what Warren Buffett paid.
- IBM continues to grow and innovate, which could result in new products or licensing revenues.
- IBM is also a solid pick for income investors thanks to an above average yield and a history of raising the payout.
Ceragon Networks: Excessive Pullback In Mobile Data Stock Creates A Buying Opportunity
- Stocks that experience excessive pullbacks over a disappointing earnings report often rebound, sometimes within days.
- Ceragon Networks has a solid balance sheet and revenues are rising.
- As a leading provider of infrastructure for mobile phone networks, Ceragon is poised to benefit from data growth, especially as 4G networks are built globally.
- At just over $1, this oversold stock is poised to rebound in the short term, and the longer term upside remains even more compelling.
- Analysts see significant upside to $4 per share and expect the company to report a profit in 2015.
Oil Stocks: 3 Reasons To Buy Before A Late-November Spike In Oil Prices
- Many investors have become excessively bearish on the oil sector.
- Many small cap oil stocks are down 40% or more in just the past few weeks which has created bargains.
- The recent lows in the price of oil may not be sustainable and long term investors should use this pullback as a buying opportunity.
- In late November an OPEC meeting could result in production cuts and nuclear talks with Iran could breakdown on the 24th, both of which could cause oil to surge.
Fifth Street Finance: This High Yield Stock Remains Deeply Undervalued
- The business development company sector has been under pressure and this has created some bargains.
- Business conditions remain ideal for this sector and interest rates are likely to remain low even as the Fed ends QE.
- While some stocks in this sector have begun to rebound, many are still undervalued and trade well below net asset value.
Barrett Business Services: An Excessive Pullback Over Earnings Creates A Major Buying Opportunity
- A disappointing earnings report can often create a significant pullback and a major buying opportunity for investors.
- After a haircut of more than 50% on October 29 over what appears to be just a one-time charge, this stock is dirt-cheap.
- This one-time charge is likely to fade from investors' minds, and bargain hunters and short covering could fuel a major rebound in the coming days.
- Management expects revenues to grow by about 18% in the coming year, and analysts expect this $18 stock to earn about $3.62 per share in 2015.
- This company has a solid business model, a strong balance sheet, growing revenues and a history of raising the dividend and share buybacks.
The Recent Pullback In AT&T Shares Is A Buying Opportunity For Income Investors
- Excessive fear can keep investors from using pullbacks in stocks as a buying opportunity, and yet that is often the best way to magnify returns.
- Even though the S&P 500 Index has recouped most of its recent losses, there are still stocks that are presenting an ideal buying opportunity for investors.
- A recent decline in AT&T shares offers the potential for capital appreciation plus a generous yield.
Goodyear: Cheap Valuation, Low Oil Prices, And New Technology Could Lead To 50% Upside
- Goodyear shares have declined recently and this has created a solid buying opportunity.
- With the shares now trading for about 7 times earnings, this stock is too cheap to ignore and analyst price targets suggest about 50% upside.
- Goodyear is poised to benefit from new product technology in 2015 and from the decline in oil prices.
The Pullback In Oil Stocks Is Just Another 'Buy Cheap' Opportunity
- With oil prices down and lots of market volatility, many investors have lost sight of the longer-term potential this sector offers.
- Too much is being made of short-term fluctuations in the price of oil, especially since this has not even been a sustained drop.
- Many companies in this sector don't even have direct exposure to the price of oil and others have hedges which means profits could remain solid for quite a while.
- Barron's is suggesting oil could touch $75 and yet still remains very bullish on many oil sector stocks.
- Investors should realize that this pullback is just another buying opportunity as it has been for the past few years.
J.G. Wentworth: Why This Undervalued Stock Could Be Poised To Surge On Strong Earnings Again
- A recent pullback in small-cap stocks has created another significant buying opportunity.
- At just $11, this stock appears deeply undervalued and the company is buying back its own shares.
- This company is an industry leader with a solid business model, offering minimal credit risks and court approved structured settlement deals.
- Kerrisdale Capital notes that recent merger & acquisition deals imply this stock could be worth $36 per share.
- This company is likely poised to report another earnings beat which could cause the stock to surge about 30%, just as it did last quarter.
A Lot Of Potential Upside Remains In Small-Cap Stocks
- While the markets have begun to rebound, many small cap stocks are still well below recent highs.
- Small cap stocks can continue to rally into the end of the year as fund managers chase for performance.
- Small cap stocks tend to have less exposure to the rising dollar which also makes this sector attractive.
4 Reasons To Buy Stocks Now Before A Strong Year-End Rally
- The recent pullback based on fears that could begin to fade, has created new buying opportunities.
- Lower oil prices are a major positive for the consumer and this could boost the economy.
- A number of companies are poised to benefit from lower oil prices; at the same time many oil sector stocks have overshot to the downside and are worth buying.
- A chase for performance and other seasonal and political factors could be setting up the stock market for a year end rally.