Hedgemony

View Hedgemony's Comments BY TICKER:
  • HomeAway Might Blow Us Away [View article]
    Bam!
    Feb 20 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Beat Mickey Mouse, So Stay Out Of Herbalife [View article]
    where do you see the data to support that claim? i dont see any insider filings
    Jan 16 01:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Beat Mickey Mouse, So Stay Out Of Herbalife [View article]
    I don't wish to sound like a consipiracist, but these risks are real, always has been, and should be taken into account. Justice doesn't always win, especially when it's as controversial and ambivalent as is.
    Jan 14 08:32 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Beat Mickey Mouse, So Stay Out Of Herbalife [View article]
    thanks, I agree with you there
    Jan 14 08:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Beat Mickey Mouse, So Stay Out Of Herbalife [View article]
    That is irrelevant - I wouldn't SHORT Disney, if that helps. It did go up 53%, 32%, 0%, 16%, 42% the last 5 years but I'm not attributing that to the matter discussed above.
    Jan 14 08:29 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baupost Group Acquires Huge Stake In Kindred Biosciences [View article]
    nice article
    Jan 13 08:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    since short interest is reported every 2 weeks, I'm not sure how intermiittent naked short selling would be reported. I suppose if borrow is located T+3 between short interest reports, then they wouldn't be reported, so that's a good point.
    Jan 10 11:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    this is very interesting!
    Jan 10 11:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    What do you exactly mean by pinning? Pinning implies that the dealers are either short or long a certain strike, therefore managing the gamma towards mean reversion or momentum. For example, if the dealer desk is short gamma, then they would buy high and sell low to hedge adding volatility. This is how you analyze pin risk - so how does open interest not matter?
    Jan 10 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Remains A Good Short [View article]
    I would like to change the name of my article to “Nobody is short Apple… except Michael Blair” :)
    Jan 10 09:03 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    Dear Mike, it sounds like you are doing fine. Though being up only 58% on options with the embedded leverage is certainly mediocre. That could be the equivalent of a 2 dollar put going to 2.5. I'd be more curious how OTM your strikes were, and how long-dated, if you would be willing to share for perspective?
    Jan 9 03:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    Dynazor I'd love to hear what you know. I took a quick look at the option chains, most active traded and notionals, and there is no skew to the open interest in a meaningful way. What proprietary knowledge do you have such that you are quick to make such a claim?
    Jan 9 12:06 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    i may not go long, but i would NEVER short a company at a P/E of 12x, P/S of 3x, with 30% of the market cap in CASH, which also happens to be 150bn.... that would also cost -3% carry ...
    Jan 9 11:55 AM | 24 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    definitely agree with you there. I think it's fine to be long term investor, as many are, I just want to make the case that when things don't go in your way, don't blame the short sellers!
    Jan 9 11:51 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nobody Is Short Apple [View article]
    I'd like to look at this next. I do think there are some strange pin dynamics around expiry and especially triple witching days, so I'm going to take a look and analyze the open interest on all the strikes across the term. will get back to you!
    Jan 9 11:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment