Hedgephone

View Hedgephone's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Workday: A Balanced And Positive View [View article]
    The leading pure play pump and dump
    Jul 3, 2013. 02:45 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oracle Posts A Weak Quarter, Is Salesforce.com A Target? [View article]
    Wow.... "we think Oracle could purchase salesforce" REALLY? WHY? Overpaying for chronically money bleeding companies is not a good acquisition strategy. Ellison has long maintained that CRM is too expensive and makes no sense from a valuation perspective. You think he has "seen the light" finally and, like the CRM longs, is going to throw caution (and common sense) to the wind?

Otherwise a good article.
    Jun 28, 2013. 02:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • FOMC Announcement: The FOMC is prepared to increase or decrease the pace of its asset purchases (currently $85B/month) depending on what happens on the economic front, particularly the jobs picture. The Committee continues to expect a "highly accommodative stance of monetary policy will remain appropriate for a considerable time after the asset purchase program ends." [View news story]
    They should just outlaw selling. That would solve all of our problems.
    May 1, 2013. 02:32 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Highly Overvalued Stocks Ripe For Shorting [View article]
    only time will tell... I am not "hating" on these companies, just suggesting to avoid or short the common via put options (insurance) as a hedge.

I am not publishing much here... if you want to read my work, visit my blog http://bit.ly/giUywb

Thanks!
    Mar 12, 2013. 09:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Highly Overvalued Stocks Ripe For Shorting [View article]
    Again, that's why I suggested put options versus "that short" as a hedge against your other longs and not a directional short bet.

However, the more these go up the more pricey they become.
    Mar 12, 2013. 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Highly Overvalued Stocks Ripe For Shorting [View article]
    LOL...yes, please go ahead with the "I told you so" comments on CRM. I may be wrong, or eventually people may wake up and wonder, "Non Gaap earnings, WTF?"

Every scam has a sucker... sad, really to have America made into the land of the Ponzi-topia
    Feb 28, 2013. 08:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bullish Case For Chesapeake Energy [View article]
    Well written...nice job
    Feb 26, 2013. 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Dangers Of Shorting Nose-Bleed Valuations [View article]
    agreed, look at OPEN, NFLX, TZOO, and GMCR for high reward high danger overvalued shorts that worked
    Feb 16, 2013. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Dangers Of Shorting Nose-Bleed Valuations [View article]
    "fraud that is going to be shut down soon by authorities"... the SEC is not shutting anything down right now. The fraudsters made "poor business judgements" hahahaha

But this article was a decent read -- your ideas would have not helped you in 1999 but this may be a truly "new" bubble that has years of inflating to go before popping. Nevertheless in the short term you are right on CRM and LNKD... long term, long GOOG short CRM LNKD makes sense... valuation isn't voodoo magic with chicken bones, it's a science.
    Feb 16, 2013. 03:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Ways To Play The Obscure Raw Materials Bull Market [View article]
    I know I'm just a lumber guy but if you like my articles check out WWW.hedgephone.com where I post new original content daily especially now that I figured out how to use the talk it type it app for my Motorola smartphone. Yes folks it's true I actually own a 4g phone. Somewhere pigs are flying over an ice covered lake in hell.
    Feb 14, 2013. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Ways To Play The Obscure Raw Materials Bull Market [View article]
    Thanks to my readers...
    Feb 8, 2013. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Now: Trading Your Privacy For The Future [View article]
    Interesting well Written piece. Buy the dip on goog short everything else lol
    Feb 8, 2013. 04:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 9 Tactical Short Positions to Bet Against [View article]
    I wonder if you would mind posting the returns from this article now.... Thanks!

Open blew up and so did GMCR (those were easy), Amazon is still a bubble and so is CRM but in due time... they are still good shorts (even better).... IWM will be one to watch, but we NAILED travelzoo. QPSA gave Rick Scott Montezuma's revenge for sure (not player hating tho!)

Lulu was a loser for me, but the fundamental reasons for the short were correct.
    Feb 7, 2013. 03:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why 3 Marijuana Sympathy Plays Could Follow In The Footsteps Of Medical Marijuana, Inc. And Drop By 28% [View article]
    Pretty awesome they let you publish this one.... Definitely strange to think SEC signs off on these docs..................... WHERE ARE THEY? lol
    Feb 7, 2013. 02:04 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Down From $700 [View instapost]
    ayuuuuup... been there, thought that... thanks goess to WD Gann for hammering into my brain the concept of stop loss orders, or has he would say, STOP LOSS ORDERS, lol Do you still think Apple levels out here? I like it ok here I guess, but GOOG is eating its lunch...?
    Feb 7, 2013. 02:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment