Hedgephone

View Hedgephone's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Whither Social Media Stocks? [View article]
    nice article Bill!
    Apr 28 02:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Overpriced Web Stocks To Avoid [View article]
    Haha... I wrote CRM should go down LAST time right before it went down (July and August 2011) -- IT WENT DOWN..... and then I only started covering the stock again when it went BACK UP.... I don't think you should short this under $125 or so but over $150 you have double top resistance....

How about ANGI, GMCR, NFLX, OPEN, TZOO, etc...? We nailed those for you and yet yee of little faith still complain? Lol...

Apr 24 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Angie's List: A Pump To Short Before The Dump [View article]
    A $2 gainer? Not bad for an old deep value guy turned short seller!

Visit http://bit.ly/giUywb for more trading ideas, news, commentary, and in depth analysis!
    Apr 24 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Angie's List: A Pump To Short Before The Dump [View article]
    I agree with many of your points... I am also interested in hearing more re your ideas... I too think FB is big and not necessarily a bad investment -- google suprised me as it was the real deal at 120X earnings back in 2005.....What is the next BIG thing in tech?
    Apr 23 12:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Overpriced Web Stocks To Avoid [View article]
    all web 2.0 is somewhat faith based, but it's also real and the best place to run a business so who knows... I only call em like I see em... Nothing trades on hype and emotion forever. Eventually it comes back to earnings.
    Apr 23 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Overpriced Web Stocks To Avoid [View article]
    I'm not hating on Yelp... I think it's great I just don't like the long side of the tape on the stock. That said, there was a pretty big washout in the name today and it may come back a little here. I agree with your point on Google as well, Yelp is more in depth and maybe my piece was a little harsh.
    Apr 20 06:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Angie's List: A Pump To Short Before The Dump [View article]
    Couldn't have said it any better lefty
    Apr 20 04:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Overpriced Web Stocks To Avoid [View article]
    You might be right, but then again who knows... Best Buy bought Napster, but it didn't exactly pay off.
    Apr 20 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Stocks I Want To See Drop [View article]
    cool article... I love the company just not the stock... too expensive vs, cash flows and earninggs to be an investment in the Ben Graham sense. As a speculation it makes some sense in a bull market but its simply too pricey on earnings and book value to be a an investment versus a speculation in the classic sense of the investing terminology.

In the end, your trade may work out but consider selling calls against your stock to lower cost basis as well...
    Apr 18 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Looks Tough To Short, And A Turnaround Is Always Possible [View article]
    that's an interesting point... I don't think the growth potential is negative the real question for equity holders is whether the company will be able to service the debt load in my view.
    Apr 16 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Salesforce.com Bears May Laugh Last - And Laugh Hardest [View article]
    You will be and these are simply screens for shorting stocks. We nailed quite a few of them including Netflix, Opentable, SINA, YOKU, HDY, HUSA, GMCR, TZOO, etc... etc... Stop the hate and participate! Your propoganda here is not working!
    Apr 16 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Hedge: 5 Stocks To Sell Short [View article]
    Also, I would always use stop loss orders and trade with the overall direction of the market... don't stand in front of freight trains... These are good shorts when the market is correcting, but obviously not the names you want to short during low volume, manipulated ramp jobs
    Apr 16 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Hedge: 5 Stocks To Sell Short [View article]
    I tend to think a little longer term... we nailed SINA, OPEN, TZOO and others but not always in the very short run
    Apr 16 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Hedge: 5 Stocks To Sell Short [View article]
    Yes he was, and we published our article "Netflix cash flow almost non-existant".... lol.... I still think AMZN and CRM are the next NFLX
    Apr 16 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    methinks its heading much lower -- this is the end of an era... a superbubble popping?
    Apr 14 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment