View as an RSS Feed
Marathon Oil: Focusing More On Unconventional Plays
- To streamline its portfolio of assets, Marathon Oil is divesting its overseas activities and is focusing more on domestic activities.
- The Oklahoma resource play is one of the promising unconventional plays, which will provide an upside to the company's total production.
- The longer lateral wells in the company's SCOOP formation and lower initial decline rate will help the company to sustain its long-term production performance.
- The addition of working interest in the Rift basin could be beneficial for strengthening its financial performance.
Natural Gas Provides Bright Future For Vanguard Natural Resources
- Vanguard's focus on acquiring matured and long-lived assets allows the company to increase its total natural gas production.
- Increasing demand for natural gas as a source of fuel would provide significant opportunities to strengthen its bottom line going forward.
- The active hedging program and attractive distribution yield is the key for the company's long-term success.
Seadrill: Good Stock For Long-Term Growth
- Although the short-term prospect of deepwater drilling rigs is not good, it is expected to improve in the long term.
- The young and advanced range of fleets has provided a better opportunity to gain more contracts in coming years.
- The expected delivery of huge backlogs in coming years will provide long-term sustainability for Seadrill.
- Seadrill also has strong potential on Canada’s Atlantic Coast.
Mosaic: Expanding Footprints To Fast-Growing Brazilian Agricultural Market
- Mosaic is strengthening its footprint in the Brazilian agricultural market, which is expected to grow faster than the largest crop nutrient consumers.
- The company planned to invest around $300 million to expand its Brazilian facilities, enabling it to increase the blending capacity by more than three million tons through 2018.
- Acquisition of Archer Daniels Midland Company’s distribution network will support Mosaic's five-year growth plan and strengthen its distribution platform in Brazil.
Liquefied Natural Gas Fuels Strong Growth For Cheniere Energy
- The increasing demand and price realization of liquefied natural gas overseas attracted the U.S. energy producers, including Cheniere, for achieving higher margins through export.
- With the lifting of the U.S.'s partial export ban, the company is in a better competitive position than its peers with its two LNG export projects.
- The company's location near unconventional shale gas plays and smooth access to increasing production are providing upside to future LNG export activity.
Encana: Moving Strong Toward Liquid Production
- Doug Suttles is taking the struggling company to new heights of success.
- The company is focusing more on increasing oil and liquid production over natural gas.
- The DJ basin asset of Encana is one of the high -return and liquid-rich assets, which in turn will help the company to sustain its long-term growth.
- Unlocking values by selling natural gas assets will help Encana meet its target of generating 75% of 2017 operating cash flow from liquid production.
Lockheed Martin: Possessing Strong Future Growth Opportunities
- Lockheed will benefit from the improving plan of the U.S. government for this fiscal year where the government will allocate funds to top priority areas.
- The F-35 fighter jet program is part of the U.S. government’s priority program and is the key growth driver for Lockheed Martin.
- Lockheed is signing a series of contracts with various authorities, especially U.S. Defense that will help to strengthen its future growth prospects.
- The company is focusing on cost cutting strategies that will allow it to improve its profit margins, and it expects EPS in the range of $10.5 to $10.8 for this.
- The company has maintained solid free cash flow and has strong dividend history.
Tronox Settlement Will Unleash The True Potential Of Anadarko
- Anadarko has entered into an agreement with the Tronox Adversary Proceeding's plaintiff to settle all claims by paying a penalty of $5.15 billion.
- The company has enough cash holdings to pay out this amount, so its financial position won't be too impacted.
- With settlement issues resolved, Anadarko can now concentrate on improving its operational performance. It has various high-value assets that will help to grow its production in the coming years.
CSX Has Positive Outlook For Coming Quarters
- In the first quarter of this year, despite an increase in volumes, CSX’s operating income fell mainly due to the severe winter, which increased the company’s expenses.
- The delay in Keystone XL pipeline will support CSX’s main growth driver that is delivering crude via rail and will ultimately improve its operational performance.
- As the trucking industry faces headwinds due to tightening capacity and scarcity of drivers, intermodal companies like CSX are trying to take this advantage and expand their business.
- Rising demand for coal and price hike in natural gas will improve the company’s revenue growth.
Charles River Laboratories: A Well-Positioned CRO Due To Blossom In Pre-Clinical Services
- The company is a strong pick among the contract research organizations (CROs) due to a promising future in the pre-clinical services (PCS) market.
- It continues to gain share in early stage development via its PCS business, providing evidence of a nascent toxicology recovery.
- The company has reported impressive results in all the quarters for 2013, and is looking solid to continue the performance.
- More focus on strategic partnerships and mid-sized global bio-pharmaceutical firms, and increased outsourcing by the larger bio-pharmaceutical firms will help the company to better penetrate the global PCS market.