View as an RSS Feed
eHi Car Services: This IPO Is Unattractive Under Peer Comparison
- The industry is highly competitive and fragmented. The company, as the second largest car rental provider, only owned 2.1% of the market in 2013.
- The widening loss reported in the income statement of the most recent quarter serves as an alarming signal to investors before the management sheds some light on the details.
- Detailed analysis on valuations and operating data of the company and the industry leader, Car Inc. The comparison shows that Car Inc. is a better investment at the moment.
Trading Strategies For The Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect
- The Connect will start on November 17th. The A-share market is likely to react positively due to higher demand and improved liquidity.
- Consider buying individual A-shares directly once the program starts, or buy A-share ETFs in advance.
- Strategy to imitate an arbitrage: (i) Buy the discounted shares and (ii) short the shares at a premium until the differences subside to a reasonably low level.
El Pollo Loco: How Overvalued Is LOCO Compared To Its Industry Peers?
- Explaining the overvaluation by comparison with peers i.e. Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings, Popeyes, Zoe’s Kitchen.
- The company is even more expensively valued than Chipotle!
- Wait patiently for a triggering event (examples given) to launch your short positions.
Las Vegas Sands And Wynn: Stay On Sidelines
- An update to my previous article “Follow The Trend And Short Las Vegas Sands And Wynn Over The Next Months” written in June.
- The stock prices could tumble to $55 and $160 respectively based on technical analysis.
- Good news is that analysts lower their expectations about the remaining months in 2014.
Sungy Mobile: Should You Catch This Falling Knife Before Its Earnings Announcement?
- The number of downloads in Q2 ranked in the top 5 globally.
- The stock is at a low valuation level.
Kandi Technologies: A Call For More Clarity In Financial Reporting
- The claim that the new business of resale of EV parts is a management tactic to pump up the top-line figure could be inappropriate.
- Queries over the sales, government grants and R&D expenses of the joint venture.
- Looking for clearer disclosures on the accounting of the joint venture.
Buffalo Wild Wings: Why I Am Bullish On This Growth Gem In The Restaurant Sector
- The stock price is actually justified by the fast pace of growth of business operations. Comparison with its industry peers is made.
- Elaborations on stock catalysts including 1) better weather and continuing sports fever; 2) business expansion and product developments; and 3) potential international expansion.
- Bullish signals are indicated from technical analysis.
Apple: Insights From The Past Stocks' Performance Post Splits
- Key facts of Apple's stock split.
- The one-month return of past split transactions in 2014.
- The theoretical positive effects of stock splits did not materialize as expected.
Follow The Trend And Short Las Vegas Sands And Wynn Over The Next Months
- Casino revenue data in May is an alarming signal echoing previous investor concerns over the impact of the crackdown of corruption and money laundering on casino operations.
- June data could be a big miss due to the World Cup.
- More unfavorable policies to come - Shortened term for stay of mainland transit visitors and smoking ban.
- LVS has been unable to break the downward trend line (lower highs), while WYNN failed to break the resistance at $220 with its release of impressive 2014Q1 results.
- Noah Holdings - Stay On Sidelines Given Uncertainties
- Noah Holdings: A Bargain For A Chinese Wealth Management Company With Strong Growth