Henry Lee

View Henry Lee's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Five Below, Inc.: 50x P/E Too Rich For Xmas-Driven Discount Retailer [View article]
    Outstanding article. Terrific job. However, I think you missed a couple of points. First, FIVE is already down a lot from its highs on prior earnings misses. Second, this business is at its early stages. I would agree with your thesis if the business unable to grow, but management has made it clear that they intend to grow the business. I would further argue that there is nothing wrong with "the concept". It comes down to business execution. I don't think you entirely address that issue that is why they will not be able to execute. In any case, great job on the financial analysis, very impressive. Regards HL
    Jun 12, 2014. 11:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MasterCard Inc.: Read The Fine Print [View article]
    I will add that I think they will miss earnings, and or, lower guidance if for no other reason the growing political tension in Europe, Russia and US. You have to love the franchise, but there does seem to be some headwinds developing.
    Apr 30, 2014. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can The Recent IPO 'Enable' You To Realize A 17% Total Return? [View article]
    Vice nice
    Apr 30, 2014. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ModernGraham Valuation Of Devon Energy Corp [View article]
    Why does SA even publish this?
    Apr 6, 2014. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Must Know This If You Own An MLP [View article]
    Would you mind clarifying the conflicting statements on the blog?
    Feb 14, 2014. 10:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You Must Know This If You Own An MLP [View article]
    Excellent Point!
    Feb 14, 2014. 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • You Must Know This If You Own An MLP [View article]
    The issue I have with this article is that it is more of an advertisement for their modeling service than it has in real information. It does not contribute to a discussion. HL
    Feb 13, 2014. 10:01 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cowen Group: Incredible Upside In 2014 [View article]
    As I recall (and I may not have this right), tax loss carry forwards are not transferable. That is, you cannot go around buying up companies that have lost a lot of money and use their losses not to pay taxes on profits from another business. I have not looked at this in awhile, but buying Cowen for the losses does not make sense. (Please do not hesitate to disagree and tell me why I am wrong)
    Jan 22, 2014. 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria Group's Free Cash Flow Is On Fire [View article]
    You are a Quant...HL
    Jan 21, 2014. 05:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cowen Group: Incredible Upside In 2014 [View article]
    I think you want ask what is their competitive durable advantage? What do you think their long term return equity can be through a market cycle? Cowen's business is a people business. The assets walk out the door every night. Who is management and why are they better then Jefferies or GS? Regards HL
    Jan 21, 2014. 05:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The LGL Group's Strategic Review Warrants A Second Look [View article]
    I want say I have been reading your stuff for a while… great stuff, excellent "thinker", most impressive…. thank you for your efforts!!! HL
    Jan 18, 2014. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cosi Inc.: A Troubling Earnings Report [View article]
    Great observation, right on!
    Dec 24, 2013. 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Bailing On Proto Labs For Good Reasons [View article]
    As I understand the customer/manufacturer base now, there are no alternatives to PRLB. Let me repeat, there is currently no company that can do what PRLB can do (i.e. speed and quality of workmanship). They have started to build proprietary databases of manufacturing processes which is unique. I would suggest designing a difficult "device" that needs to be proto typed and then shopping it around, and seeing what comes back. I think you might be surprised. The valuation is very rich, and growth might slow, but a short… there is an easier way to a buck.
    Nov 24, 2013. 03:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Insiders Are Bailing On Proto Labs For Good Reasons [View article]
    It would be good if the author took the time to understand why the company is unique, rather than a generic analysis of financials and insider trading….and not just another 3D printing pumped with hype…granted stock is richly valued, but for good reason. (no position).
    Nov 22, 2013. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ModusLink: An Operational Turnaround, A Big Hidden Asset, An Activist, And A Low Valuation [View article]
    Very nice work! Very impressive. Regards HL