View as an RSS Feed
View Henry Nyce's Articles BY TICKER:
Conclusion To 1-Year Test: $10K CD Wins Vs. $10K Portfolio
- My $10,000 Portfolio lost money over the period of year.
- An oil stock and a foreign stock created capital losses that decimated the dividend returns.
- Short-term, one is probably better off with a bank CD or a savings account.
- Forward testing of an investment strategy is likely to offer different results than back testing; forward testing typically gives more reliable results.
Reasons To Buy Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.:Distributions And Price Appreciation
- KKR suffered a slow 3rd quarter which kept the stock price down.
- Revenues and profits for the year are improving over 2013.
- Revenues and profits look to improve through 2015.
- Improved profits should lead to good distributions and price appreciation.
Compass Diversified Holdings: Check Out This 8% Distribution
- Compass Diversified Holdings currently offers an 8% distribution.
- Distributions look to be covered for upcoming year.
- Compass Diversified Holdings manages the companies it owns well.
3 Stocks To Buy Now With Dividends Exceeding 7%
- Buy ARCPP to collect a 7% dividend.
- Buy FLY to collect a 7% dividend and possible future capital gains.
- Buy LGCYO to collect a 9% dividend.
AMZA: Oil And Gas Pipeline ETF That Avoids The Dreaded K-1
- AMZA is an ETF that invests in MLPs with a goal of returning 8% as a regular dividend.
- Investment manager appears to have the background to accomplish this successfully.
- This a method to participate in the growth and returns of MLPs without the hassle of the K-1.
- This ETF allows IRAs to participate in MLPs without concern about exceeding the $1000 limitation on distributions.
Nosedive: Stocks I Recommended That Should Be Sold
- CTCM is down because of a Russian bill limiting foreign ownership.
- CLV is suffering from the combined decline coal and iron ore use simultaneously.
- Sell both stocks at a loss near current levels.
A Review Of Holding Out For Better Prices On Some Dividend Growth Stocks Over The Next 2 Months
- A review of the stocks able to be purchased at better prices during September and October mentioned in a former article.
- A suggested discipline for buying dividend growth stocks at lower prices.
- The discipline works better for some stocks than others.
- The discipline works better at some times than others.
Orange: A French Telecom With A Worldwide Footprint
- ORAN is expanding its business throughout Europe and Africa.
- ORAN is on the leading edge of providing 4G wireless service in France.
- ORAN has a business service segment that is on the leading edge of providing worldwide internet service.
- ORAN provides both a reasonable dividend and growth prospects.
A Basic Lesson In Stock Picking With Examples
- This article shows by example how the author drills down into stocks to attempt to find winners.
- Suggestions include the use of a screener to narrow the universe of stocks.
- After narrowing down to a few stocks, drill down deeper using recent reports from the company and from other sources.
- Finally look at other stock rating agencies and the authors on SA to see if they confirm the findings.
- The idea is to maximize the possibility of choosing a winning stock over a losing stock.
Holding Out For Better Prices On Some Dividend Growth Stocks Over The Next 2 Months
- Outline of a plan to deploy cash to purchase stocks if the market has its normal Fall dip.
- List of 20 dividend growth stocks in various industries with all but one offering dividends over 3%.
- Create your own plan in the event of a market dip over the next 2 months.
- Seeking Alpha is good place to help one research stocks and is used extensively here.
Preferred Issues, Puts And Silver As Defensive Positions Over The Next Several Months
- Market prices for stocks are at an all-time high and appear vulnerable near term.
- Currently using high dividend preferred issues and puts to produce income in my retirement accounts.
- Currently using the low price of silver as a hedge against catastrophe and/or rampant inflation.
Blackstone Group LP Is On A Roll, Growing Both Earnings And Distributions
- Blackstone is a growing company with strong earnings and a low P/E of 9.5.
- Blackstone's dividend yield for the year should exceed 5%.
- Blackstone looks appealing from a dividend growth and momentum perspective.
Regency Energy Partners LP: A Dividend Growth Stock With Some Concerns
- RGP is a fast-growing partnership with a great deal of merger and acquisition activity.
- Dividends and cash flow have been growing slowly over the past 5 years.
- EPS is a concern with this partnership; despite all the growth, EPS has been declining or standing still.
Forward Testing Various Investment Alternatives Against A High-Risk, High-Dividend Portfolio
- The main thrust of this article is to forward test several methods to invest $10,000.00 over a 1 year period.
- Thesis: Investing in the stock market when interest rates are low is better than keeping cash in a CD or bank.
- Built into the test are 2 selected portfolios which should perform better when compared with various indexed ETFs .
- The author maintains that his high-risk, high-dividend portfolio should outperform all the other alternatives.
Medical Properties Trust - A 6.4% Dividend With A Built-In CPI Kicker... Steady Income For The Retiree
- MPW is a triple net leasing medical REIT.
- MPW specializes in acute care facilities which requires special expertise giving it a unique niche.
- MPW offers a 6.4% yield at the current price with the built-in ability to keep pace with the CPI.
6-Month Review: Comparison Of $10,000.00 CD To A $10,000.00 Dividend Portfolio
- This is a 6-month review of the returns on a $10,000.00 dividend portfolio compared to a $10,000.00 CD.
- The $10,000.00 dividend portfolio outperformed the CD by $1,200.00.
- The current financial environment makes dividend stocks better financial instruments than bank CDs.
COPEL Or Companhia Paranaese De Energia: A Brazilian Utility Firing On All Cylinders
- ELP is a utility company that is doing well in a country in the midst of political and economic tumult.
- This political turmoil has hindered the price appreciation of the stock.
- Over 80% of the company's stock is owned by Brazilian political entities.
- Purchasing this stock requires one to make a gutsy move contrary to many other investors.
StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP
- StoneMor Partners L.P. is the only publicly-traded death-care MLP.
- STON has been losing money over the past 5 years using GAAP accounting.
- At some time in the near future, cash flow and unit payout must meet.
The Fed And Preferred Stocks: Perceptions Vs. Reality
- Fed is about to end QEIII and the consequences for investor perceptions.
- Analyst and investor perceptions are creating opportunities to buy preferred stocks.
- Preferred stocks can be a substitute for the bond portion of one's portfolio.
Saved By The Dividends... My Busted Attempt At Timing The Market
- Attempt to time the market was an error.
- Dividend paying stocks can ease the pain of stock price variation.
- Investor psychology can have a greater impact on prices than interest rates or the economy.
Quad/Graphics: Short-Term Winner With A 5.75% Dividend And Long-Term Questions
- Quad/Graphics grows its commercial printing business by buying out competitors.
- Quad offers a 5.75% dividend return.
- Quad's business and dividend would be in danger during a recession.
Can You Profit From Cigarettes And Real Estate?
- VGR is offering over 7% annual dividend returns.
- Financial metrics of the company show warning signs.
- Can a company succeed in tobacco and real estate at the same time?
- Concluded that VGR is not a SWAN (Sleep Well At Night) stock at the present time.
FLY Your Way To Dividends And Profits
- FLY offers a dividend yield of 6.9% at its current price.
- High inside ownership and low P/E indicate possible capital gains.
- Stock is selling at $3.50 below book value.
- Cautions: high leverage and dependence on the airline industry.
5 Strong Companies With Dividends Over 5%
- Screens were run to find stocks with 5% dividends or better with a buy from S&P.
- Six Stocks were chosen from these screens for further research.
- Research suggested 5 of these companies may be suitable for dividends and growth.
My Utility Fund Vs. Reaves Utility Income Fund: Which Offered The Better Return Last Year?
- Review the returns on a $50,000.00 utility fund I suggested a year ago.
- Comparison of returns between my utility fund and UTG, a utility closed equity fund.
- Revamping of the Utility Fund for next year to offer a 4.8% yield from dividends.
CTC Media: Growing Fast And Paying 7%
- Russia's political and military situation has caused downdraft in Russian equities.
- CTC Media, a Russian media company is growing at a 5% or better rate with a low P/E.
- CTC Media offers a 7% yield while also buying back shares.
- CTC Media has also fallen with other Russian equities and offers unique opportunity for rewards.
- Returns From The 6 - 7% Preferred Issues Recommended In October
- 2 High Dividend Foreign Banks With The Footprint To Grow Profits And Dividends
- A 4.7% Dividend And A P/E Of 11: What's Not To Like About Ennis Inc.?
- A Proposal To Convert A $10,000 Bank CD To An 8% Dividend Portfolio
- PPL Corp: An Electric Utility Offering A 5% Dividend And A 7% Regulated CAGR
- Cape Bancorp Looking For Price Appreciation