View as an RSS Feed
View Henry Nyce's Articles BY TICKER:
Blackstone Group LP Is On A Roll, Growing Both Earnings And Distributions
- Blackstone is a growing company with strong earnings and a low P/E of 9.5.
- Blackstone's dividend yield for the year should exceed 5%.
- Blackstone looks appealing from a dividend growth and momentum perspective.
Regency Energy Partners LP: A Dividend Growth Stock With Some Concerns
- RGP is a fast-growing partnership with a great deal of merger and acquisition activity.
- Dividends and cash flow have been growing slowly over the past 5 years.
- EPS is a concern with this partnership; despite all the growth, EPS has been declining or standing still.
Forward Testing Various Investment Alternatives Against A High-Risk, High-Dividend Portfolio
- The main thrust of this article is to forward test several methods to invest $10,000.00 over a 1 year period.
- Thesis: Investing in the stock market when interest rates are low is better than keeping cash in a CD or bank.
- Built into the test are 2 selected portfolios which should perform better when compared with various indexed ETFs .
- The author maintains that his high-risk, high-dividend portfolio should outperform all the other alternatives.
Medical Properties Trust - A 6.4% Dividend With A Built-In CPI Kicker... Steady Income For The Retiree
- MPW is a triple net leasing medical REIT.
- MPW specializes in acute care facilities which requires special expertise giving it a unique niche.
- MPW offers a 6.4% yield at the current price with the built-in ability to keep pace with the CPI.
6-Month Review: Comparison Of $10,000.00 CD To A $10,000.00 Dividend Portfolio
- This is a 6-month review of the returns on a $10,000.00 dividend portfolio compared to a $10,000.00 CD.
- The $10,000.00 dividend portfolio outperformed the CD by $1,200.00.
- The current financial environment makes dividend stocks better financial instruments than bank CDs.
COPEL Or Companhia Paranaese De Energia: A Brazilian Utility Firing On All Cylinders
- ELP is a utility company that is doing well in a country in the midst of political and economic tumult.
- This political turmoil has hindered the price appreciation of the stock.
- Over 80% of the company's stock is owned by Brazilian political entities.
- Purchasing this stock requires one to make a gutsy move contrary to many other investors.
StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP
- StoneMor Partners L.P. is the only publicly-traded death-care MLP.
- STON has been losing money over the past 5 years using GAAP accounting.
- At some time in the near future, cash flow and unit payout must meet.
The Fed And Preferred Stocks: Perceptions Vs. Reality
- Fed is about to end QEIII and the consequences for investor perceptions.
- Analyst and investor perceptions are creating opportunities to buy preferred stocks.
- Preferred stocks can be a substitute for the bond portion of one's portfolio.
Saved By The Dividends... My Busted Attempt At Timing The Market
- Attempt to time the market was an error.
- Dividend paying stocks can ease the pain of stock price variation.
- Investor psychology can have a greater impact on prices than interest rates or the economy.
Quad/Graphics: Short-Term Winner With A 5.75% Dividend And Long-Term Questions
- Quad/Graphics grows its commercial printing business by buying out competitors.
- Quad offers a 5.75% dividend return.
- Quad's business and dividend would be in danger during a recession.
Can You Profit From Cigarettes And Real Estate?
- VGR is offering over 7% annual dividend returns.
- Financial metrics of the company show warning signs.
- Can a company succeed in tobacco and real estate at the same time?
- Concluded that VGR is not a SWAN (Sleep Well At Night) stock at the present time.
FLY Your Way To Dividends And Profits
- FLY offers a dividend yield of 6.9% at its current price.
- High inside ownership and low P/E indicate possible capital gains.
- Stock is selling at $3.50 below book value.
- Cautions: high leverage and dependence on the airline industry.
5 Strong Companies With Dividends Over 5%
- Screens were run to find stocks with 5% dividends or better with a buy from S&P.
- Six Stocks were chosen from these screens for further research.
- Research suggested 5 of these companies may be suitable for dividends and growth.
My Utility Fund Vs. Reaves Utility Income Fund: Which Offered The Better Return Last Year?
- Review the returns on a $50,000.00 utility fund I suggested a year ago.
- Comparison of returns between my utility fund and UTG, a utility closed equity fund.
- Revamping of the Utility Fund for next year to offer a 4.8% yield from dividends.
CTC Media: Growing Fast And Paying 7%
- Russia's political and military situation has caused downdraft in Russian equities.
- CTC Media, a Russian media company is growing at a 5% or better rate with a low P/E.
- CTC Media offers a 7% yield while also buying back shares.
- CTC Media has also fallen with other Russian equities and offers unique opportunity for rewards.
- Returns From The 6 - 7% Preferred Issues Recommended In October
- 2 High Dividend Foreign Banks With The Footprint To Grow Profits And Dividends
- A 4.7% Dividend And A P/E Of 11: What's Not To Like About Ennis Inc.?
- A Proposal To Convert A $10,000 Bank CD To An 8% Dividend Portfolio
- PPL Corp: An Electric Utility Offering A 5% Dividend And A 7% Regulated CAGR
- Cape Bancorp Looking For Price Appreciation
- Why Would Anyone Invest In General Motors?
- Ag Growth International Offers Good Monthly Dividends From Its Growing Business
- Mocon Inc.: Growing Revenues and Dividends
- Buy Ampco-Pittsburgh Corp. While Stock Price Is Low And Dividend Returns High
- Double Digit Dividends From VOC Energy Trust
- Analysis Of J.C. Penney Preferred Stocks: An Answer To A Reader's Question
- Preferred Shares As A Replacement For Bonds To Increase Returns On One's Nest Egg
- Utility Companies Paying Over 4% To Consider Now?
- Some Preferred Shares That Offer 6% To 9% Dividends
- What To Do Now With Caterpillar: Buy Or Stay Away?
- Follow-Up On 6 Regional Banks: Buy, Sell Or Hold?