Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • COPEL Or Companhia Paranaese De Energia: A Brazilian Utility Firing On All Cylinders [View article]
    Big Savvy Matt ,
    I have not given up on the company, but I have given up on Brazil. I believe the company would do well if Brazil were to get back on course. I am somewhat skeptical that this will happen for some time and have sold my shares.
    Cheers
    Jun 26, 2015. 10:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Concurrent Computer Offers A 7.8% Yield [View article]
    bbop
    This is another important piece of information about Concurrent.
    Thanks for the update.
    Cheers
    Jun 17, 2015. 10:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Neuberger Berman Real Estate Securities Income Fund: The REIT Fund To Get A 7% Yield Paid Out Monthly [View article]
    MichelleConnor,
    Good points.
    Regards
    Jun 9, 2015. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bloggerusa1,
    Here are my suggestion for the large discount on NAV.
    1. Most folks don't take the time to investigate what the NAV of a CEF is prior to investing.
    2. Investors may be discounting the feared interest rate increase coming from the FEDs
    3. Since there is leverage, the discount is hedging more than usual for interest rate increases.
    There may other reasons, but these are the ones that appear likely to me.
    Regards
    Jun 8, 2015. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MLP Returns In Your IRA Or Tax Protected Account: Number 2 In The Series [View article]
    rickevan,
    Thanks for the comment and your take on AMLP.
    Cheers
    Jun 8, 2015. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    suncoaster, rip2451, arthur_bishop1972,
    Since I am not a tax expert, but rather an investor who is interested in maximizing my returns, I am glad that you have attempted to clarify this tax issue.
    Probably the best explanation of UBTI in relation to an IRA is located at:
    This also has a direct link to the IRS publication on the issue.
    I must confess that after reading the IRS Publication on the issue, it was clear as mud to me.
    Almost everyone suggests that if you desire to hold REITs and MLPs it is best to have them in a taxable account.
    Use CEFs, ETFs, ETNs and mutual funds if you want to hold them in an IRA and/or Roth IRA.
    Cheers to all of you
    Jun 8, 2015. 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Richard Berger ,
    Sorry if my conclusions were not clear.
    Regards
    Jun 8, 2015. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    La Marque
    Thanks for extensive comment on UBTI. It helps clarify some of the murky tax issues we face with the IRS.
    Regards
    Jun 6, 2015. 07:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    scoots,
    MLPI follows exactly the components in the Alerian Index. The components of the Alerian Index are listed in the article above.
    Regards
    Jun 6, 2015. 07:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    nicholas davout
    Thank you for the suggestions on CEFs. I will take a look at them. I also really like your turn of phrase in the last paragraph. It is time for new and different leadership in the US. It would be wonderful to have a leader like Reagan once again.
    Cheers
    Jun 6, 2015. 07:27 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mkarpoff
    Thanks for your comments and additional info on other ways to protect one's tax protected account and have MLP returns.
    Regards
    Jun 6, 2015. 07:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    drcarl
    It is not a stupid question. It does apply to REITs as well.
    Let me suggest you read the article listed below:
    Regards
    Jun 5, 2015. 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    milbank,
    You got back into NRO at a perfect time. I also had put my mother into the issue at that time. It has treated her very well over the past few years.
    Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Cheers
    Jun 5, 2015. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    nicholas davout
    Thanks for the additional issues to consider. I will take a look at them and perhaps consider writing about them.
    Appreciate your comments.
    Cheers
    Jun 5, 2015. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Hedge With A 5% Dividend [View article]
    New Low Observer,
    Obviously you have been right on the money with your past comments on GORO. I can't argue with your last paragraph.
    Cheers