Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Preferred Issues, Puts And Silver As Defensive Positions Over The Next Several Months [View article]
    Kingdad,
    Good advice... I'll take it.
    Cheers
    Aug 29, 2014. 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ralph,
    Sounds like you have it made!
    Cheers
    Aug 29, 2014. 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gratian
    You may be right. I have over 30 pages of notes from various documents submitted to the government by these 2 entities which I have not been able to assemble to make sense of all the financial arrangements.
    It all is legal, but I am not sure it is prudent. The enterprises may very well be successful, I am just not seeing the light on what they are actually doing.
    Have a great labor day weekend
    Aug 29, 2014. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SparkDogg,
    LTS and VGR have many of same board of directors. They also share management personnel. There are things going on between the 2 entities and the boards that I have not been able to completely figure out.
    Option grants from LTS and cash bonuses to management and the board have been excessive.
    I started to write an article about these things, but I found it too difficult to put my finger on exactly what was going on.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Aug 28, 2014. 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ralph bowlin,
    You have an interesting retirement business. I have a few rental properties, but find that the management of them sometimes gets to be a hassle.
    Your providing loans for others to do investing in real estate sounds like a good way to go.
    But you are correct about tying up capital. It would not be easy for me to get the capital out of my rental properties at this time. Therefore, I need cash and/or investments that can be easily turned to cash to provide for daily living needs.
    Thanks for your comments. Hope your investments turn out well for you.
    Cheers
    Aug 28, 2014. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Redundant Tom,
    It is difficult to tell someone else how he or she should allocate their investments. Considering that you are semi-retired and near retirement age, I think you could up the amount of preferred stocks to 20 - 25% if you are well diversified among many companies and industries.
    Unlike yourself, I generally avoid the bank preferred stocks that are not cumulative. I have watched banks collapse 2 times in my lifetime.
    I do like to invest in preferreds that are broken up bonds. They pay out the complete interest payments and have a set date for maturity and return of one's capital.
    Regards
    Aug 28, 2014. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    kingdad,
    Real research on this issue on preferreds might make a good article some day.
    Regards
    Aug 27, 2014. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    RetiredBroker,
    Thank you for the advice on increasing returns on our preferred issues. I can see that you do your homework.
    Cheers
    Aug 27, 2014. 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    kingdad,
    Thank you for your suggestion on RSO. I am sure many of us who do preferred stocks will take a look at the new preferred.
    Regards
    Aug 27, 2014. 08:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ralph bowlin,
    Good idea... I never thought about making contact with estate dealers.
    Regards
    Aug 27, 2014. 07:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GGjr,
    Good point... Water, food and Ammo will be necessary.
    Regards
    Aug 27, 2014. 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    eremite
    Thank you for the information about silver dollars. I normally buy silver dollars because they are easy to split up for selling, giving and using in trade.
    I was just using 100 ounce block price for illustration purposes.
    If I would have had you information on taxes, I would have definitely used silver dollars.
    Thanks for your input.
    Cheers
    Aug 26, 2014. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gratian,
    This is not the first time I have seen you comment on one of my articles. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.
    Regards
    Aug 26, 2014. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ralph bowlin,
    My strategy keeps me sleeping well at night. There are other people who are doing somewhat better than me, but following their program would give me some problems at night. You have an interesting bio. Thanks for commenting.
    Cheers
    Aug 26, 2014. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SparkDogg,
    Thanks for adding your preferred stocks to the list for people to research and consider. I will mention that I had LTS-A and decided to drop it because of some concerns about what management was doing with the company. While I don't want to spook you into selling, I would take a long look at management and what they are doing.
    Cheers,