Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Saved By The Dividends... My Busted Attempt At Timing The Market [View article]
    Txwoodworker,
    I nearly agree with your last statement.
    However there are people who seem to be able to time the market.
    I know that I am not one of them.
    Regards
    May 24 01:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Acetylator,
    I, too, from time to time get to the point of thinking... perhaps it is time to sell them all out. This is especially true when I get up 10% or better for a year on my IRA. I begin to think I might lose it all and will not be able to pay myself nearly as well next year. Good to know that I am not the only person who has to deal with my emotions rather than my practical strategies.
    Cheers
    May 24 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sunnypt,
    Thanks for approving the article.
    It is encouraging.
    Regards
    May 24 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY Your Way To Dividends And Profits [View article]
    Small Fry,
    You may have gotten to the heart of the matter. Money does motivate.
    Thanks
    May 22 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY Your Way To Dividends And Profits [View article]
    knoxmarlow,
    The picture is getting clearer.
    thanks
    May 22 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY Your Way To Dividends And Profits [View article]
    Sedric,
    Thanks for responding,
    May 22 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY Your Way To Dividends And Profits [View article]
    Sedric,

Not aware of the AIG spinout issues... perhaps you could elaborate.
    May 21 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Profit From Cigarettes And Real Estate? [View article]
    Epic, Options Trader,
    Exception noted. You are probably correct.
    Thanks
    May 19 07:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quad/Graphics: Short-Term Winner With A 5.75% Dividend And Long-Term Questions [View article]
    Fliper2058,
    Thanks for copying me on your work.
    Have a good weekend.
    May 17 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    fliper2058,
    I looked up PWE. Looks a bit on the risky side to me. It may be on a turn around and than again, it may not...
    With the great amount of North American Gas and Oil being found right now, I am not sure whether the market will continue to hold up for these commodities.
    Other nations will start using fracking technology and we may well see the prices of the commodity to come down somewhat.
    Of course, if war breaks out in the Middle east or Russia, than the prices of these commodities could go through the roof.
    Hard to know what to do with smaller production companies.
    Regards,
    May 17 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Profit From Cigarettes And Real Estate? [View article]
    Epic Options Trader,
    The industry itself might be safe, but not every cigarette and/or cigar producer is safe.
    Regards,
    May 17 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    fliper2058,
    If you are interested in preferred stocks with a steady dividend... here are few to look at:
    WHLRP
    VNRBP
    NNN-E
    AGNCB
    DLR-G

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but these pay well but require watching the common to see what is happening at the company.
    Regards
    May 16 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    fliper2058,
    Hope you are right... I am in RRD for the income.
    Both stocks are taking a beating right now.
    Regards,
    May 15 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Profit From Cigarettes And Real Estate? [View article]
    Trout L,
    You point out some very important things going on at this company which should engender concern among stockholders.
    Regards,
    May 15 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can You Profit From Cigarettes And Real Estate? [View article]
    Mandolin,
    VGR is almost at your entrance point today... Just checked... $19.50 per share.
    May 15 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment