Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CTC Media: Growing Fast And Paying 7% [View article]
    Flowerseq,
    You are wise not to mortgage the farm on this stock. The company is doing the right things and all appears to be well there. No telling what will happen next between Russia and the rest of the world. Otherwise I would take a larger position.
    May we both do well with our positions on this issue.
    Mar 18 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CTC Media: Growing Fast And Paying 7% [View article]
    JFollansbee,
    Dividends are paid in US currency.
    Mar 17 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CTC Media: Growing Fast And Paying 7% [View article]
    Flowrseq,
    Interesting web page you had at the top of your reply.
    Everything appears to be in good order with this company. I guess I am still wary of what could happen in Russia. I have a small percentage of my investments in this company.
    Mar 15 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CTC Media: Growing Fast And Paying 7% [View article]
    Alexander,
    You raise an important point. I agree. It would be helpful to have a standard reporting standard for these companies.
    Mar 15 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Know What You Are Buying When You Invest In Preferred Stocks [View article]
    Christopher Lee,
    You are correct. QuantumOnline.Com is an outstanding resource on preferred issues. They maintain several interesting lists that really help one to research these issues.
    Mar 11 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A 4.7% Dividend And A P/E Of 11: What's Not To Like About Ennis Inc.? [View article]
    Steffen,
    There are 2 reasons for the shares outstanding to keep growing:
    1. Bonus payments to corporate officers
    2. M&A activity.... buying and merging other businesses into the company.
    I don't see the growth of the shares as a major threat considering how the company is using the extra shares.
    Mar 8 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Farolle,
    You pose a very interesting question. Since both industries are high volume low margin businesses, I seriously doubt that selling the apparel business would change the multiple.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Mar 8 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PPL Corp: An Electric Utility Offering A 5% Dividend And A 7% Regulated CAGR [View article]
    rip 2451,
    Your take on the sale of the hydro assets may be correct.
    Thanks for adding your comment.
    Mar 4 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Worn out 123,
    It would be good to have links on these 2 plants you speak of above. I don't recall seeing them. But I know that I forget more than I remember.
    Mar 4 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe,
    If you read the articles on Seeking Alpha and also the comments below, you will begin to learn what to look for in your investments and how to research them yourself.
    Hope you continue to prosper.
    Also thanks for the complement.
    Mar 4 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Returns From The 6 - 7% Preferred Issues Recommended In October [View article]
    Here is a partial list of Preferreds that get QDI treatment:
    IPL-A
    I-A
    MH-A
    OFG-A
    NM-G

These are not recommendations... Need to do your own research on them.
    I personally own IPL-A...
    Mar 1 02:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pole65,
    That is the reason I recommended them for an IRA type of account... To avoid the taxes.
    Mar 1 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 High Dividend Foreign Banks With The Footprint To Grow Profits And Dividends [View article]
    Jpetr,
    I have not really taken into account the fact that Brazil may be going the route of Venezuela... Maybe you can add what you know about Brazil here.
    The bank is not tied to many long term loans to Brazil... Most of the funds are due back in a year or less.
    Mar 1 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dave22q,
    We seem to agree on the issues listed here. I do think that the stocks listed above have room for price increases of about 4 - 7% over the next few months.
    But, like you, I would not put more than 30% of my portfolio in these issues.
    Appreciate your comments.
    Feb 27 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    idunaway2,
    I am not recommending the preferred shares. The common shares of the bank are sold on the New York Stock Exchange using the symbol BNS. There are no problems that way with the common.
    Feb 21 06:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment