Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dow Chemical Company Is Rewarding Its Stockholders [View article]
    User35739055
    Dow does have some interests in oil. However, the lower price of oil and natural gas helps the company more than it hurts. The oil and gas investments are much smaller than the gain the company gets from lower prices to produce the chemicals.
    Regards
    Feb 12, 2015. 08:55 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rethinking KKR & Co. - Exposure To The Oil Patch Lowers Short-Term Profits [View article]
    Sartre,
    Thanks for your comment.
    Regards
    Feb 11, 2015. 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dow Chemical Company Is Rewarding Its Stockholders [View article]
    dunnhaupt,
    Good point to consider in making a decision to buy DOW.
    Regards
    Feb 7, 2015. 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dow Chemical Company Is Rewarding Its Stockholders [View article]
    funfun,
    Thank you for your update on DuPont's agriculture business. I have not followed the company for years and have no stake in it. I have lots of friends and folks who used to work for the company. As a matter of fact my father-in-law, who passed away a few years ago, retired from DuPont. Some friends have lost their jobs from the company because of DuPont's changes in strategy. I don't think that I can really look at the company in a dispassionate way as you can.
    Cheers
    Feb 7, 2015. 11:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dow Chemical Company Is Rewarding Its Stockholders [View article]
    TraderLLee
    Congratulations on a great call. You are a brave soul.
    Cheers
    Feb 6, 2015. 04:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dow Chemical Company Is Rewarding Its Stockholders [View article]
    walterbyrd,
    I believe you would be making a mistake by dumping DOW now.
    Cheers
    Feb 6, 2015. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dow Chemical Company Is Rewarding Its Stockholders [View article]
    funfun,
    You have a greater appetite for risk than I do by shorting DD. DD has a great agricultural business that appears to be prospering. Of course, coming from Delaware, I might be biased toward the DuPont company.
    Cheers
    Feb 6, 2015. 04:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Review Of Prior Recommendations: How To Respond To The Changes In Commodity Prices And Their Impact On These Issues [View article]
    richandmer:
    In order to return 8% AMZA is using leverage in order to accomplish that purpose. Right now, it is paying $.50 per quarter which means it is paying 8% of the offering price of $25.00 at IPO. At some point in the future, it will pay dividends on the basis of income less expenses. The 8% represents a target used to get started.
    It is also paying taxes on the income so that the dividends represent regular dividends and do not require a K-1.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Feb 5, 2015. 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    arthur_bishop1972,
    It is difficult to predict the impact of the oil price on KKR's bottom line. I certainly would not short KKR. On the other hand, I am not buying any more at the current price until I have a better grip on what KKR is experiencing now that the price of oil is around $48.00. Price movements will occur when investors get a handle on the situation.
    Cheers
    Jan 25, 2015. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BDHPlayer,
    You have a point. Perhaps the other companies in the portfolio will do better as a consequence of lower oil prices. There is the problem of some of the smaller E & P companies going bankrupt if the oil price stays down too long.
    Cheers
    Jan 25, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Capt. Spaulding
    I believe in the long run for KKR as well.
    Thanks for your comments and taking the time to read the article.
    Regards,
    Jan 25, 2015. 03:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Make The Adrenaline Flow [View article]
    George,
    I rarely comment on articles. But I really do enjoy reading your articles. Just wanted to pass along a complement. Keep on writing.
    Cheers,
    Jan 24, 2015. 10:06 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sarte,
    I agree with you. KKR has been well-managed and has great diversification. I like the partnership, but I am concerned about its exposure to the oil patch.
    Regards
    Jan 23, 2015. 04:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    nicholas davout,
    I am looking for KKR to report last quarter and to make some comments on its exposure to oil and gas.
    I agree with you that oil and gas can not stay as low as it is for a long time, I am pretty sure that within 2 years that oil and gas will be going up. However, 1 year at current prices can be a long time for oil and gas producers that are overextended. KKR is definitely exposed to some of these producers... it is just hard to determine the amount of the exposure KKR has to them as well as the time frame when oil and gas start going up again. This article was just meant to be cautionary.
    Thanks for your thoughtful remarks.
    Regards
    Jan 23, 2015. 04:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Per Cent Dividend Return On This Preferred Issue: ML Depositor PPLUS Trust 6.30% R.R. Donnelley Certificates RRD-1 [View article]
    User 18510422,
    For the small investor, it is easier to purchase shares of the preferred at $25.00 per share or less than it is for one to purchase $3000 -$5000 worth of bonds. The stock is also more easily traded or more liquid than the bond.
    Regards