Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Conclusion To 1-Year Test: $10K CD Wins Vs. $10K Portfolio [View article]
    lobeta
    The conclusions are only worthy if one is trying to beat CD's on a short term basis. One must be committed to a longer time frame if one is attempting to invest.
    I really thought that I could beat a CD readily over the period of year. I proved myself wrong.
    Although, I can probably come out even after the last 2 days... However, I am not about to do the math.
    Regards
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conclusion To 1-Year Test: $10K CD Wins Vs. $10K Portfolio [View article]
    nicholas davout,
    Good Advice...
    Thanks for your comment.
    Cheers
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conclusion To 1-Year Test: $10K CD Wins Vs. $10K Portfolio [View article]
    Adib Motiwala
    You are certainly correct about that.
    Cheers
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conclusion To 1-Year Test: $10K CD Wins Vs. $10K Portfolio [View article]
    13302632
    I would have done better by leaving the original portfolio in place. If I had done that, It would have easily beat out the CD.
    Thanks for your comment
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reasons To Buy Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.:Distributions And Price Appreciation [View article]
    papaone,
    I leave questions of this nature to my tax accountant. Sorry, I am no help on this question.
    Cheers,
    Dec 3, 2014. 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Blacklick Capital,
    Thanks for your comments.
    Regards
    Dec 2, 2014. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    arthur_bishop1972
    It would be the same process as the MLP's listed above.
    Cheers,
    Dec 2, 2014. 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mark_A,
    You are not required to make an reports on your K-1 as long as distributions from them are less than $1000.00 per year. If your distributions are higher than that amount, you will have to file a return and pay taxes on it.
    Cheers
    Nov 28, 2014. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    darnoc111,
    After reading the annual report and I still can't answer your question about oil and gas investments.
    The K-1 must deal with all the issues of each investment where KKR is involved. This is going to make it complicated since they are dealing with all types of investments.
    Regards
    Nov 26, 2014. 11:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    User 447425
    Thanks for the advice on options. Hope it works out for your.
    Regards
    Nov 26, 2014. 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    user 125....
    Interesting comments.
    Hope you continue to do well.
    Regards
    Nov 26, 2014. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Compass Diversified Holdings: Check Out This 8% Distribution [View article]
    larrys1,
    The comment you made is true. If you have partnerships in an IRA, you miss out on saving some taxes by having it there. Partnerships should normally be held in a regular account rather than in an IRA if you have both types of accounts.
    Cheers
    Nov 24, 2014. 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Compass Diversified Holdings: Check Out This 8% Distribution [View article]
    ba37840,
    You are way ahead of me on reporting taxes using a K-1.
    Thanks for your input. It helps to see that others can do this without professional help.
    Cheers
    Nov 21, 2014. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Compass Diversified Holdings: Check Out This 8% Distribution [View article]
    oagfy,
    Thanks for the additional information on the K-1 from CODI.
    Regards
    Nov 21, 2014. 08:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Compass Diversified Holdings: Check Out This 8% Distribution [View article]
    lakeman_42,
    I am with you on your dislike of dealing with a K-1. That is the reason I mentioned it in the article so folks who don't want to deal with it can avoid the company.
    Regards