Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Neuberger Berman Real Estate Securities Income Fund: The REIT Fund To Get A 7% Yield Paid Out Monthly [View article]
    mcrmgf,
    I understand that fud is FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT... I guess i don't understand what you are saying in your comment.
    Regards
    Aug 5, 2015. 08:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY: Caution, The Dividend May Be In Danger [View article]
    Sedric
    I hope your take on the changes is the ultimate outcome for holders of the stock.
    Cheers
    Jul 31, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY: Caution, The Dividend May Be In Danger [View article]
    Zheeeem,
    Management has made it very clear that it is using non-restricted cash to buy new aircraft. It is even talking about purchasing $2 billion worth of aircraft over the next 24 months. This is where the cash is going.
    Cheers
    Jul 30, 2015. 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY: Caution, The Dividend May Be In Danger [View article]
    DEWAA874
    I have been in and out of FLY over the past 5 years. I am not sure what is going on at this point in time. The management company reduced the fees it charges to FLY this year. Since I don't understand what is happening, I am staying out of FLY until there is some clarity in earnings.
    Cheers
    Jul 30, 2015. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY: Caution, The Dividend May Be In Danger [View article]
    Sedric,
    I am convinced they took the charge in order to be able to sell the aircraft at a profit or without losing money. It looks better if a charge is non-cash. Over the next 2 quarters i assume that the aircraft will be delivered without a loss.
    Cheers
    Jul 30, 2015. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY: Caution, The Dividend May Be In Danger [View article]
    talllight,
    I agree with you. I believe that we have to see the new aircraft and leasing terms before we can judge how things are going at FLY.
    Regards
    Jul 30, 2015. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY: Caution, The Dividend May Be In Danger [View article]
    cruise27
    The management team does have a stake in the company. I see that as favorable. However the managers make money independent of FLY making money, but they seem to be a capable team.
    Cheers
    Jul 30, 2015. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FLY: Caution, The Dividend May Be In Danger [View article]
    cct1
    Thank you for your comment and opinion. I guess we can disagree about the dividend being in danger and still be friendly.
    Cheers
    Jul 29, 2015. 05:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Consider These 4 Preferred Issues To Increase Your Portfolio's Yield [View article]
    waldipup,
    I remember reading about the importance of call dates in someone's article posted on SeekingAlpha. I can't recall when and where however.
    Perhaps in the future, I include it in an article again.
    Cheers
    Jul 29, 2015. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Grant18m,
    Thanks for pointing this out for our readers.
    Cheers
    Jul 29, 2015. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thalidomide Baby
    Thanks, I submitted an edit.
    Regards
    Jul 29, 2015. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Downtown Investment Advisory,
    Thank you for the advice about the bonds for Vanguard and Legacy. You are certainly correct about the stronger obligation for the companys' need to pay interest on the bonds.
    The one advantage of the preferred stocks is the ability to trade them faster and at lower cost. For many of us individual investors, buying and selling bonds is often difficult since it is sometimes hard to get an accurate quote.
    Cheers
    Jul 29, 2015. 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ecoman12453,
    I am also convinced that LXP is good for the long run. I also think that AGNCB is worthwhile issue to consider to increase one's yield.
    Cheers
    Jul 28, 2015. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Achilles Research
    Thanks for the positive comment.
    Regards
    Jul 28, 2015. 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reaves Utility Income Fund: Monthly Payout Currently Offering A 6% Yield [View article]
    retirement here I come
    The latest figures indicate about 15% are invested in telecoms. The largest telecom holding is BCE which still has a near monopoly in Canada. There has been talk of opening the market in Canada, but it has not happened yet.
    Regards