Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Preferred Issues, Puts And Silver As Defensive Positions Over The Next Several Months [View article]
    GGjr,
    Good point... Water, food and Ammo will be necessary.
    Regards
    Aug 27 07:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    eremite
    Thank you for the information about silver dollars. I normally buy silver dollars because they are easy to split up for selling, giving and using in trade.
    I was just using 100 ounce block price for illustration purposes.
    If I would have had you information on taxes, I would have definitely used silver dollars.
    Thanks for your input.
    Cheers
    Aug 26 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gratian,
    This is not the first time I have seen you comment on one of my articles. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.
    Regards
    Aug 26 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ralph bowlin,
    My strategy keeps me sleeping well at night. There are other people who are doing somewhat better than me, but following their program would give me some problems at night. You have an interesting bio. Thanks for commenting.
    Cheers
    Aug 26 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SparkDogg,
    Thanks for adding your preferred stocks to the list for people to research and consider. I will mention that I had LTS-A and decided to drop it because of some concerns about what management was doing with the company. While I don't want to spook you into selling, I would take a long look at management and what they are doing.
    Cheers,
    Aug 26 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jkjk88,
    I appreciate your input and comments on preferred stocks. Thanks for adding your thoughts to the article
    Cheers
    Aug 26 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    postal8081,
    I don't thing one has to watch these companies day to day, but checking them out on bi-weekly or monthly basis is good for one's financial well-being.
    Cheers
    Aug 26 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jimstravels,
    You do have a very strong point about interest rates staying low. However one can never be sure what the government will do.
    Cheers
    Aug 26 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    gyer02,
    I travel on the same boat... need income for my retirement. Bonds don't cover the cost of living any more.
    Regards
    Aug 26 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ooi,
    I consider DLR-G one of the best preferred stocks I have right now. If there is a problem with the REIT, I am not aware of it.
    Regards
    Aug 26 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GGjr,
    I hold the actual metal in order to have something to trade with in the event of a catastrophe or some other major event that upsets the market. It is obvious that the metal itself does not pay any interest. However, i have purchased silver in the past at below production costs and have collected as high as ten-fold when the price got over $45.00 an ounce. I am not suggesting that it is a good holding for any other purpose but to protect against calamity and runaway inflation.
    SLVO is built upon an option strategy. You are depending upon experts to glean profits from buying and selling puts and calls. When a calamity strikes, I have no guarantee whether one can even sell the ETN.
    I am not trying to put you down for your hedging with SLVO, it is just not the right method for me.
    Regards
    Aug 26 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    natalieven,
    Thanks for the comment.
    About Apple, I think there may be a worm in the core and have decided against biting into it.
    Cheers,
    Aug 25 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User 447425,
    Your comment about POTUS almost makes me offer some political statements here, but I will refrain.
    I am not looking for a crash, but who knows... I am looking for some retrenchment over the next several months, but that may even be wrong.
    Regards,
    Aug 25 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    nicholas davout,
    I have been thinking about your advice about getting more ammunition. It may be a very good idea.
    I have used FFC myself in several of the portfolios I manage.
    The September effect is pretty well documented... whereas October does not have the same problem.
    Regards
    Aug 25 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GGjr,
    I took a look at SLVO... It has taken quite a beating over the past several months. It is not the kind of investment ETN I am willing to invest in.
    Regards