Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
    Aids Patient,
    I do not have a 5 year outlook on stock investments. My time frame ranges from 6 months to 2 years. I also want to be sure that the stocks are paying dividends and going to maintain them over the term of the investment.
    However, I have just taken small positions in BP and LGCYO. I am fairly convinced that these 2 entities will be paying their current dividends over the next year. If oil begins to rise, they will be good stocks to own, if oil declines even further, I will probably abandon them.
    ESV is a good company, but I will avoid it until I see a turnaround in the industry.
    Regards
    Dec 20, 2014. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    NH Don
    If I were to wait until 1/15/2015, the results might look a bit different. I may take a look and add a comment at that time.
    Regards
    Dec 20, 2014. 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BradNY
    As investors we all make mistakes.
    Regards
    Dec 20, 2014. 11:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Aids Patient
    The idea of this test was built around the small investor. Hence the use of $10,000.00. Therefore to keep the shares in 100 multiples and to have some diversification, I used small cap stocks.
    You are correct, if I had used other stocks the outcome would have been quite different.
    Regards
    Dec 20, 2014. 11:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    surfgeezer,
    You have a carefully reasoned plan for your portfolio. I also attempt to do some of the things you are doing. I have many preferred stocks in my portfolio now that are down from the purchase price, but I am still collecting the dividends. These preferred stocks have been bouncing all over the board over the past 2 years. This does not matter as long as the company is continuing to pay the dividend.
    You are offering good advice in your comments. Thanks.
    Cheers
    Dec 20, 2014. 08:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Aids Patient
    The photo is my actual photo. It is 5 years old. So I am actually older than the photo shows. I appreciate your concern about my trading.
    I have been retired now for 11 years. I have split my retirement savings into 2 different portfolios. One of them is for my trading and the other is for a steady income stream that grows annually.
    So I guess I am actually following your advice at some level.
    Cheers
    Dec 20, 2014. 08:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    lobeta
    Good question! The conclusions would certainly have been different. I think that just one attempt would not prove that it is the best way to handle our low interest rate environment on a short term basis.
    It is probably more instructive that the experiment lost money.
    Thanks for the thoughtful question.
    Regards
    Dec 19, 2014. 08:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    surfgeezer
    Enjoyed your comments and your position on trading. Since I enjoy trading, I don't think I will ever be content to let things ride.
    Cheers
    Dec 19, 2014. 08:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    lobeta
    The conclusions are only worthy if one is trying to beat CD's on a short term basis. One must be committed to a longer time frame if one is attempting to invest.
    I really thought that I could beat a CD readily over the period of year. I proved myself wrong.
    Although, I can probably come out even after the last 2 days... However, I am not about to do the math.
    Regards
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    nicholas davout,
    Good Advice...
    Thanks for your comment.
    Cheers
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Adib Motiwala
    You are certainly correct about that.
    Cheers
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    13302632
    I would have done better by leaving the original portfolio in place. If I had done that, It would have easily beat out the CD.
    Thanks for your comment
    Dec 18, 2014. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reasons To Buy Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.:Distributions And Price Appreciation [View article]
    papaone,
    I leave questions of this nature to my tax accountant. Sorry, I am no help on this question.
    Cheers,
    Dec 3, 2014. 08:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Blacklick Capital,
    Thanks for your comments.
    Regards
    Dec 2, 2014. 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    arthur_bishop1972
    It would be the same process as the MLP's listed above.
    Cheers,