Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cliffs Natural Resources Preferred: A 10% Return [View article]
    wpspiker,
    Still looks like a bargain at these prices.
    Best Wishes
    Jul 3 09:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources Preferred: A 10% Return [View article]
    Enrozni,
    I believe that with patience you will be rewarded with this issue.
    Regards
    Jul 1 08:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • COPEL Or Companhia Paranaese De Energia: A Brazilian Utility Firing On All Cylinders [View article]
    pscalare,
    Thank you for the update. I wlll attempt to correct the article.
    Cheers
    Jun 28 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    georgekmarshall,
    The company sells electricity wholesale. That is separate from the retail operation.
    Cheers
    Jun 28 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    Glucose,
    You are probably correct about interest rates staying low for quite some time, but I disagree with your take on STON. I think you should read the annual report yourself and carefully look at the financials.
    Regards
    Herny
    Jun 26 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    Marty941,
    You see the same things happening in the annual report that I see.
    Regards
    Jun 26 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    GonzoOne,
    The article is based upon momentum rather than analysis of the business. The stock can actually go up for a while especially with a 10% dividend.
    It is just that the dividend is eating into the partnership's capital.
    The general partner actually shows a negative capital position.
    Regards
    Jun 25 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 High Dividend Foreign Banks With The Footprint To Grow Profits And Dividends [View article]
    Maestrokenny,
    Canada has a 15% hold back for taxes. (BNS)
    Panama has no hold back(BLX)
    Cheers
    Jun 24 09:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    Stephen McCoy,
    You can look all the numbers up for last year in the annual report.
    cheers
    Jun 24 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    GonzoOne,
    What are you speaking about?
    There was no rise in the price of the issue.
    Jun 24 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    Stephen Mccoy,
    Merchandise trusts, restricted, at fair value
    431,556

Perpetual care trusts, restricted, at fair value
    311,771

Taken directly from 2013 annual report.
    Jun 24 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    Stephen McCoy,
    The earnings in the trust funds are a very small portion of the cash flow of the partnership. The interest rates it must pay for its borrowings far exceed the returns it is getting on these trust funds.
    Regards
    Jun 23 09:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    Marty941,
    You have covered the territory very well. Your explanations should help people better understand what is going on at STON.
    Jun 23 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    Glucose,
    You have a good handle on the business model at least in terms of distributions coming from the pockets of those who buy the units.
    Cheers
    Jun 21 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    lb8039,
    Banks can hold the titles of the properties that the partnership owns to make loans. There are plenty of properties in the partnership for the banks to feel secure in making the loans. They get first dibs before the unit holders.
    Cheers