Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Proposal To Convert A $10,000 Bank CD To An 8% Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    plug583,
    You are correct... if the return on the CD is less than inflation, one is losing value and buying power.
    Feb 1 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    436813,
    I would not buy any more if I were you.
    I would not sell my stake either
    Feb 1 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MathRulz,
    I like your list as well as my own.
    I presently own in some of the portfolios I run:
    ARCP
    GOOD
    NRF-B
    I will take a look at some of the CEFs you have on your list.
    Jan 31 08:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    C D,
    The company is taking appropriate steps to handle debt. It may affect the company's ability to keep up the dividend, but it has put it on a sound footing financially.
    Jan 31 08:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    436813
    You make some very valid points.
    While you may have taken care of your CDs a long time ago, there are many elderly folks who still are holding CDs and are actually losing buying power.
    While my advice may have a great deal of risk, the stocks have the ability to rise and fall. The question remains... which way will they go...
    Jan 31 08:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Louverture,
    I like to have the ability to have capital gains as well.
    Besides, no company is totally secure.
    Jan 30 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mschwarzman,
    you have already made the judgment that this portfolio is a loser.
    Suppose it is a winner?
    I have invested in these issues myself, it is not like I am churning someone's account to make money.
    Jan 30 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Appreciate your concerns...
    I watch these investments daily... I am not passive.
    Jan 30 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Berloe,
    Good job... perhaps you should write your own article on how this is done. It seems that it would be difficult to get 8% out of these choices.
    Jan 30 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    mschwarzman,
    you have several interesting proposals. However if you go after blue chip stocks, you have to buy under 100 shares to diversify your portfolio. Buying and selling for a $10,000 portfolio would be difficult & expensive.
    I have chosen stocks that I have investigated and am willing to keep up with.
    Thanks for you additional ideas.
    Jan 30 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    edexter,
    The chart does show the dividend per share of each company. I don't understand your problem.
    Jan 29 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Uain53,
    I am not looking for the dividend to increase in this portfolio. I am expecting it to stay the same for a year to give me the return I am looking for.
    Glad to see that you have confidence in 1 of my choices.
    Jan 29 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    rip2451,
    Your portfolio is split between oil stocks and mortgages. From my perspective, your portfolio is heavily dependent on short term interest rates and the price of oil. I believe it would be safer to spread the risk among other industries.
    Jan 29 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dividend Sleuth,

Looks like a good list to me...
    Jan 29 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bg6638-2,
    I surely hope you are wrong.
    In any case, I have put my money where my mouth is.
    I will be checking out how well these investments work out in the future.
    By the way, I don't know about you, but If I put my money in a checking account, I spend it.
    It flies away.