Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Proposal To Convert A $10,000 Bank CD To An 8% Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    Dividend Sleuth,

Looks like a good list to me...
    Jan 29 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bg6638-2,
    I surely hope you are wrong.
    In any case, I have put my money where my mouth is.
    I will be checking out how well these investments work out in the future.
    By the way, I don't know about you, but If I put my money in a checking account, I spend it.
    It flies away.
    Jan 29 10:25 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    buyandhold???
    You may be correct about PM and its dividend. I personally have an issue with investing in a company that sells products that destroy the health and well-being of its customers. I just don't buy companies that sell PM's products.
    Jan 29 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dividend Sleuth,
    The idea for the article came to mind because my mother's CDs are generating nearly nothing. She has turned them over to me in order to increase her income from her investments.
    Hence, I wrote the article thinking that others may be facing the same problem.
    Jan 29 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    RebelSeeker,
    I am with you on having CYS-B... I also have the common.
    I feel AT is fairly safe at the current price even if they must cut the dividend again.
    The assets of the company are worthwhile. It has many green initiatives in producing electricity.
    Jan 29 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TAS,
    Good point. If you need the cash for an emergency, it is better to leave it in the bank.
    Jan 29 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Clayton Rulli,
    You do have a point about management misleading investors prior to the dividend cut. If I were an owner at that time, I would have the same problem you do now.
    The assets of the company far outweigh the present price of the stock. I believe the low price of the stock revolves around the issue you raise here.
    Thanks for your input.
    Jan 29 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MostSerene1,
    Thanks for your comment and complement.
    Jan 29 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • PPL Corp: An Electric Utility Offering A 5% Dividend And A 7% Regulated CAGR [View article]
    rokgpsman,
    As stated in the article, the recent changes by analysts have been upgrades. The reason that utility stocks, REITs and preferred shares are lower is because many investors believe interest rates will begin to climb because of action by the feds.
    Hope this helps...
    Jan 21 08:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vincey,
    Thanks for your comment.
    Appreciate all complements.
    Jan 20 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Oldstockguru,
    I have some puts out there on PPL over and above my holdings. Trying to push up the earnings or willing to buy more at lower prices.
    Jan 18 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Louverture,
    You and I seem to be on the same page about PPL and interest rates in the near future.
    We appear to be running against the crowd on interest rates.
    Jan 18 12:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    glewis002,
    Dividend Sleuth probably answers your question below.
    I can't tell you why Fish is listing PPL as negative.
    Jan 18 12:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joe O'Malley
    Nickels and dimes keep coming in and they add to dollars.
    My original $32,000 stake years ago is now worth 10 times that amount. Not only keeping up with inflation but beating it.
    Keep after it and you will be a winner.
    Jan 18 12:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dividend Sleuth,
    I have made money on PPL and expect to make some more. Let's hope it is a good ride.
    Jan 18 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment