Henry Nyce

View Henry Nyce's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • PPL Corporation: Why You Should Avoid Its 4.9% Yield [View article]
    Facts are correct.... Conclusions are open to question.
    Time to load a balance sheet with debt is when interest rates are low. One can add to profitability of a company when one leverages the balance sheet when interest rates are low. As interest rates go up, one reduces leverage to maintain profitability. Great way to grow a company.
    Sep 17, 2013. 08:59 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Make The Adrenaline Flow [View article]
    George,
    I rarely comment on articles. But I really do enjoy reading your articles. Just wanted to pass along a complement. Keep on writing.
    Cheers,
    Henry
    Jan 24, 2015. 10:06 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 High Dividend Foreign Banks With The Footprint To Grow Profits And Dividends [View article]
    Brlanger,
    The 2 replies below respond to your question or statement.
    Tax treaty with Canada allows one to have stocks in IRA's with no with holding.
    Feb 20, 2014. 07:57 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Proposal To Convert A $10,000 Bank CD To An 8% Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    bg6638-2,
    I surely hope you are wrong.
    In any case, I have put my money where my mouth is.
    I will be checking out how well these investments work out in the future.
    By the way, I don't know about you, but If I put my money in a checking account, I spend it.
    It flies away.
    Jan 29, 2014. 10:25 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Be The Equivalent Of A Stock Market Racist [View article]
    Chuck,
    I appreciate the way you follow up on comments to your articles. You are always thoughtful and courteous. All of this takes work, time and effort. Your articles and follow-up offer writers on this site a great role model to emulate.
    Sep 19, 2012. 09:25 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Risk - High Reward: Maybe, Maybe Not [View article]
    This is a good suggestion. But be careful of the dangers there as well. Someone in my family had 20% of his investment in GE during the Jack Welch reign. When the account was turned over to me, I sold all but several hundred shares.
    The person was angry at my action until GE fell on it's face.
    Than the person thanked me for diversifying the portfolio. I saved the person thousands of dollars of their hard earned retirement money.
    Jul 3, 2012. 10:52 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rethinking KKR & Co. - Exposure To The Oil Patch Lowers Short-Term Profits [View article]
    Capt. Spaulding
    I believe in the long run for KKR as well.
    Thanks for your comments and taking the time to read the article.
    Regards,
    Henry
    Jan 25, 2015. 03:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conclusion To 1-Year Test: $10K CD Wins Vs. $10K Portfolio [View article]
    lobeta
    Good question! The conclusions would certainly have been different. I think that just one attempt would not prove that it is the best way to handle our low interest rate environment on a short term basis.
    It is probably more instructive that the experiment lost money.
    Thanks for the thoughtful question.
    Regards
    Henry
    Dec 19, 2014. 08:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preferred Issues, Puts And Silver As Defensive Positions Over The Next Several Months [View article]
    TAS,
    You might throw out a few of your picks in the floating rate preferred arena. Most of the issues i looked at were not paying enough.
    Regards,
    Henry
    Aug 25, 2014. 09:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forward Testing Various Investment Alternatives Against A High-Risk, High-Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    Brad Thomas,
    Thanks for the comment and update. I have been a reader of your articles on SA for some time. Thanks for your work.
    Regards,
    Henry
    Jul 26, 2014. 09:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Properties Trust - A 6.4% Dividend With A Built-In CPI Kicker... Steady Income For The Retiree [View article]
    NYKnifeDealer,
    Acute care facilities have special needs within the buildings to meet codes that are not part of other facilities. Buildings must also accommodate all the special equipment that goes along with acute care. It is quite different from building apartments or stores.
    Regards,
    Henry
    Jul 24, 2014. 03:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StoneMor Partners: My Reason For Selling This 10% Payout MLP [View article]
    abbythecat,
    Show us your figures that prove that the cash flow is quite healthy.
    I want to see this "far above level of analysis."
    Thanks
    Henry
    Jun 20, 2014. 01:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Strong Companies With Dividends Over 5% [View article]
    rrl1124,
    The very same problems you mention make it very difficult for new competition to enter the field. The barriers to entry are very high. Those who succeed can usually do reasonably well.
    Regards
    Henry
    Apr 11, 2014. 07:23 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Utility Fund Vs. Reaves Utility Income Fund: Which Offered The Better Return Last Year? [View article]
    Mickelsson,
    Thanks for your comments... both here and earlier. I am holding a bundle of various preferred stocks also. But the preferreds that I have are mostly from various REITs. It seems that we are forced to look in nooks and crannies to be able to find issues that offer a reasonable return in today's market.
    Apr 3, 2014. 09:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    UFORIA2,
    You are doing well with your holdings of UTG. You also have good holdings in PPL and VZ.
    Keep up the good work and returns.
    Mar 26, 2014. 04:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment