Henry Swann

View Henry Swann's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Is There A Trading Pattern Emerging In France Telecom? [View article]
    Well, as they say, that's what makes a market. Good Luck.
    Jan 29, 2012. 03:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's The Best Day Of The Week To Buy Precious Metals? [View article]
    I agree that there isn't a "signal". I have looked at trying to predict today based on yesterday, and if there's a correlation, I can't find it. This strategy is about playing the odds and winning more than you lose over time.
    Mar 2, 2012. 06:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is The Best Day Of The Week To Buy Apple? [View article]
    OK, next article.
    Feb 9, 2012. 07:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is This Consumer ETF Too Top Heavy? [View article]
    I can see why you say that this is a "staples" ETF It may look like it, but it isn't. It's based on the consumer goods sector, which includes consumer personal electronics.

As for the political issues, I thought they were worth mentioning. I agree, there hasn't really been much impact on share prices in the past, but it's a risk that people should be aware of.
    Oct 1, 2012. 08:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging For Returns In Silver ETFs [View article]
    A quote from another Yahoo! Finance article:

"The U.S. Federal Reserve could ease monetary policy when policymakers meet in August or September, although a large move is more likely to come only after the elections later in the year, Goldman Sachs said in a report."
    Jul 19, 2012. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging For Returns In Silver ETFs [View article]
    That's what makes a market. If I felt that way (and I do, somewhat) I would short equities rather than depend on the metals again, after the run they have had over the last few years.

Good luck.
    Jul 12, 2012. 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging For Returns In Silver ETFs [View article]
    I owned AGQ puts. I sold those after the article came out, but I still think silver is weak here, and will buy puts again if it bounces.
    Jul 11, 2012. 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging For Returns In Silver ETFs [View article]
    I ran the numbers, and you are right. In the last two years, SIVR has a gain of 58.12%, to 57.44% for SLV. A 1% difference.

Good to know.
    Jul 4, 2012. 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging For Returns In Silver ETFs [View article]
    I started with the info on composition on Yahoo Finance and then went back to the prospectus. Is it safe for the kind of investing most people do? I think so. It has been pretty reliable. They are selling off some of the bullion to cover costs, but you are going to have fees associated with buying and holding physical silver. And the writers of the article have their own interest for questioning SLV, since they want to sell you the physical metal..

SLW is a miner, so there are a lot of other factors involved with that. It isn't going to track the price of silver nearly as well.
    Jul 4, 2012. 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's The Best Day Of The Week To Buy Precious Metals? [View article]
    The standard deviation of the daily price change is 1.31.

You would have to explain to me how that helps, though.
    Mar 2, 2012. 01:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's The Right Time To Bite On Chipotle? [View article]
    Nah, you are not missing anything, other than the opportunity cost of tying up your capital waiting on a catalyst on the short side.
    Feb 20, 2012. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's The Right Time To Bite On Chipotle? [View article]
    I really wish things were that simple. But, I don't think so.

I will look into the numbers.
    Feb 15, 2012. 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is The Best Day To Buy Apple For A Gap-Up At The Open? [View article]
    Yes, buy at the close and sell at the open. Even if you didn't do it everyday, by the numbers, it makes sense if you are going to sell it, to do it at the open. And time your buys for as near to the close as possible.

And sure, you aren't going to get the exact opening or closing price. Sometimes, it's going to be better and sometimes worse.
    Feb 13, 2012. 07:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is The Best Day Of The Week To Buy Apple? [View article]
    I guess I would have to run the numbers to really understand if options are the driver. It sounds plausible.
    Feb 9, 2012. 07:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Is The Best Day Of The Week To Buy Apple? [View article]
    That's possible. You might even get a better price, depending on your broker. It's a lot harder to get the actual closing price. But, it seems with the numbers I got, there is lot of margin for error.
    Feb 8, 2012. 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment