Himanshu Pandya

View Himanshu Pandya's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Suntech, SunPower, MEMC and First Solar: Four Solar Stocks Worth Investigating [View article]
    For all of you who track the european solar and wind sector is there an ETF that can give me exposure to these companies?
    Mar 3, 2008. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hey Guys,

The reason I don't include Q-Cells and REC is because they are not listed here in the US.

Also, you have to decide on your entry point for all of these stocks but I think during these tough times you have to stick with quality if you are an investor. If you are a trader then go on and trade those other Chinese Solar stocks.

Also, I would love to invest in some of these Euro Solar and Wind companies but they are not listed here in the US. There is really no pure play wind company listed in the US and that is a shame.
    Mar 3, 2008. 04:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Suntech Power Should Benefit From Kevin Rudd’s Victory Down Under [View article]
    Andrew,

No, I am not short First Solar anymore. I went long right before earnings and got rewarded pretty well and that eased some of my pain. I learned the hard way with this one. Right now I am totally out of FSLR. I am still long STP and enjoying that.
    Jan 2, 2008. 02:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is the Indian Market Becoming Overheated? [View article]
    I didn't include dividends in my calculation. Thanks for pointing it out. I will put that as a disclaimer from now on.
    Oct 22, 2007. 12:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Indian Stocks Week-in-Review: ADRs Post Mixed Week [View article]
    I don't feel comfortable recommending any Indian ADR's right now. If you are a long term investor the best thing to do would be to wait for drops in ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and the Indian ETF INP and start building a position in these stocks.
    Sep 14, 2007. 01:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dell and Red Hat Discussing a Desktop Linux Deal? [View article]
    Joe,

Michael Dell invested $100 Million into Redhat back in 2005. The money wasn't invested by Dell the company but by Michael Dell's private investment firm. However, I am not sure what the status of the investment at this point.

money.cnn.com/2005/05/...
    Apr 24, 2007. 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chinese Pollution Plays [View article]
    ADES could benefit from this as well and from the limited research I did I couldn't find anyting about them doing business in China. I looked at their latest investor presentation on their website and couldn't find anything about China and if they are trying to expand up there. The reason I included FTEK was because they just announced a multi-million dollar contract in China.
    Jan 16, 2007. 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent IPO First Solar is Overvalued Relative To Its Peers [View article]
    You read my mind. I was thinking of going long ESLR my self. I have been tracking ESLR and I think below 8 is a pretty good bet.
    Dec 28, 2006. 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Quick Guide to Solar Energy Stocks [View article]
    You are missing a lot of key companies in your list. Suntech Power and MEMC Electronics are key companies in the solar energy sector.

1. SunTech Power (STP) - Biggest pure play out there.
    2. MEMC Electronics (WFR) - Provides Polysilicon
    3. First Solar (FSLR) - Recent IPO
    4. Canadian Solar (CSIQ) - Recent IPO
    5. HOKU
    Dec 6, 2006. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pacific Ethanol No Longer An Ethanol Stock Without Any Production [View article]
    I got out of this stock a long time ago while it was still in the 30's. If you go to my site I talked about this stock back in January before the major run up (energy.financialnirvan.../).
    I believe I first bought in December, 2005 in the low teens. Anyways I got out of this stock in the 20's and then in the 30's. I even wrote about their huge insider selling before the WSJ picked up on it as well. All I am saying is that if you still believe in the whole Ethanol thing you might want to give it a shot at these levels. I totally agree with you that this is still very speculative but atleast they did finish their plant and will start production soon.
    Oct 11, 2006. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment