Holly Thompson

View Holly Thompson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Top 5 Tech Companies Worth Watching [View article]
    Oh hazeleye, you must remember that we are no longer in the Buy and Hold era. The quick picks are always listed for just that week and then it's time to take profits. I know it is hard to change our ways from old school days when we would buy XOM and keep it in our safety deposit boxes for 20 years.
    Jun 28, 2012. 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Dividend Stocks to Transform Your Portfolio: Part 1 [View article]
    Please excuse the title of this article today...Somehow, it was changed from 4 Dividend Stocks to 8 Dividend Stocks this morning. Hopefully it will be corrected soon.
    Jul 31, 2011. 11:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Dividend Stocks to Transform Your Portfolio: Part 1 [View article]
    Thanks for your input Gabriel! Enjoy your weekemd.
    Jul 10, 2011. 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Priceline: Stick to Your Convictions [View article]
    Thanks atauber...Will check it out!
    Jul 10, 2011. 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Healthcare Stocks: How to Diversify Within the Industry [View article]
    Thank you for the info! Checking it out now.
    Jun 25, 2011. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Tech Stocks That Have Hit Rock Bottom [View article]
    I like Akami Tech also...Look forward to seeing a move upward for them towards year end.
    Jun 24, 2011. 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Dividend Stocks to Transform Your Portfolio: Part 1 [View article]
    Will do my best to post more research on ABV for you!
    Jun 23, 2011. 10:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Dividend Stocks to Transform Your Portfolio: Part 1 [View article]
    Great reading your comments Uain. I agree with your views and also have great faith in CRR and what they are doing. Thank you for sharing, Holly T
    Jun 23, 2011. 10:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Dividend Stocks to Transform Your Portfolio: Part 1 [View article]
    Hi Alan, great to hear from you! As I mentioned earlier in my reply to David, CVX has been a favorite of mine for a long time. Nothing wrong with those big names... I haven't done any work on XLNX but will certainly look into it. All my best, Holly T
    Jun 23, 2011. 10:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 8 Dividend Stocks to Transform Your Portfolio: Part 1 [View article]
    Thank you David for your comment. CVX has been one of my tried and true's for quite some time.
    Jun 23, 2011. 10:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Industrial Companies Looking at Big Gains This Year [View article]
    Thank you JoeBean769 for your comment. Balchem has been one of my favorite stories for the last few years.
    Jun 21, 2011. 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoiding Risk for the Green Investor [View article]
    Hehe, CAAS is a hard one to stomache. SA had asked for an article and I initially turned in QCOM. Sadly for me they had just accepted a piece from another writer. So, I was left with CAAS at the time. Shame what has happened so far. I stopped following them in October.
    Jun 5, 2011. 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Blended Portfolio: Top 5 Stock Picks for Diversification This Summer [View article]
    Dr. Barclay, thank you so much for your message. I enjoyed your wrap-up of what is currently happening in the world. You also made me smile with your wit. Hope to talk with you again soon. Best regards, Holly T
    Jun 3, 2011. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoiding Risk for the Green Investor [View article]
    SmartStops, you are right. Diversification is just one of the facets needed to build a winning portfolio and guard against risk. We could write of the studies that have been published but would be too lengthy for this medium. Thank you for your input. Best regards, Holly T
    Jun 2, 2011. 06:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Absolutely. I try to compare each stock within their own industry group, pick the companies that interest me and then pick apart their financials and press releases looking for one that stands out. Usually, I try stay away from the bottom of the group. I'm looking for steady gains and stability, not necessarily a breakout king.
    Jun 2, 2011. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment