View as an RSS Feed
View Holmes_Osborne's Articles BY TICKER:
Milken Institute Panel: Activist Investors And The Search For Alpha
- Activists add value for all share holders.
- Management more receptive now than used to be.
- Activist funds will grow in number over the next four years.
Milken Institute Panel: The Evolution Of Trading And Its Effect On Individual Investors
Tue, Apr. 29 • 7 Comments
- Milken Institute panel on trading, Speed to Market: The Evolution of Trading.
- The Individual investor has it better than ever.
- There are still questions about high frequency trading.
Nuveen Junk Bonds Get A Big Boost
Mon, Apr. 14 • Comment!
- Nuveen has been bought out by TIAA-CREF.
- Nuveen's junk bonds have risen in value.
- Third Avenue Focused Credit is a major holder of Nuveen bonds.
Peninsula Hotels Stock: 50 Cent Dollar
- Hong Kong Shanghai Hotels stock trading at a discount of 50% to NAV.
- Peninsula Hotels are rated #1 in the world.
- Value legend Charles de Valux is a major holder.
- NII Capital Junk Bonds Yielding Over 28%
- The Economies Of Oil And How To Profit
- A.M. Castle Bonds Not Worth The Risk
- Harmony: Bad News Factored In Is Good News For Investors
- Fairfax Financial Bonds Yielding 3.6%
- Orkla: Norwegian Blue Chip At A Big Discount
- Imperial Tobacco: Free Cash Flow Leader In Tobacco Space
- Icahn Proposal A Success For Transocean Shareholders
- Dissecting Pargesa: One Of The Great Value Stocks
- Nuveen Has Very Little Exposure To Detroit Muni Meltdown
- Value In Closed End Muni Funds
- A Look At Third Avenue Funds' Quarterly Report
- Parker Drilling Value Proposition
- Jefferies' Bonds Provide Nice Yield For Little Risk
- New Law In Missouri Could Help Utilities
- Patriot Coal Bonds Show Potential In Bankruptcy
- Why To Vote 'Yes' On Icahn's Proposals For Transocean
- Third Avenue Quarterly Newsletter: What Has It Been Buying?
- Hot Stocks Of 2004: Where Are They Now?
- Five Risks Of MLP Investing
- NII Holdings' Bonds Yielding Over 13%