Husky Financial

View Husky Financial's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Can They Spare A Penny A Click For International Coverage? [View instapost]
    Give this man the pennies he deserves!!
    Nov 13 09:06 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Will Eventually Crush LinkedIn: Why This Is Just The Beginning [View article]
    For those still interested in the subject..

"Facebook to Launch Jobs Board" via WSJ

Someone in Palo Alto has been reading my posts! lol!
    Jul 7 03:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Stock Market And Chess: How The Game Works And Who Is Moving The Pieces [View article]
    Great debate going! This is just the kind of discussion I was hoping to ignite with this article. I have been a little busy this summer, but I have some great topics right up your alley that will be published soon. I have a bunch of stuff thats written, just needs to be cleaned up before I publish it. Please follow me and stay tuned for the next one, thanks for all the feedback.
    Jun 29 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting points Caiman & thanks for the response. I guess my questions would be: Have you read the book by Taleb? If so, what are your thoughts? I found the book (and in turn, the concept itself) to be very interesting and informative, however thats not to say BST does not have its flaws- as is the case with most "theories".
    Jun 15 01:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for bringing up the element of randomness, which is something that I missed in this article but will be sure to touch upon in a later article. My exposure to the element of randomness was almost entirely brought fourth as I read the novel: The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb, which I am sure AlbionWood is familiar with but I would definitely recommend it to other readers interested in the subject of randomness and it's impact on life (and the markets). It would also be worth noting that Mr. Taleb is now serving as a consultant to the IMF, so his expertise and knowledge on "Black Swans" could go a long way in helping the IMF and other CBs manage the occurrence of the next one (whenever that may be).
    Jun 13 01:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for your input. While I agree that in this game the CBs can make up the rules as they go along, it does not change the notion that one has to always consider not just what is "on the board" at the present, but what actions or measures each side will take in the event that things start to turn against them. In this case, I only wanted to highlight that the CBs still have various monetary actions "left in the holster" in the event that the market continues to turn south. I believe this is an important nuance to consider and discuss. Perhaps you were taking my analogy too literally, but thanks for the feedback- its necessary to have opposing (but open-minded) viewpoints to make these discussions valid and worthwhile.
    Jun 13 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks funk!
    Jun 11 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great insight- thanks for the comment. You make some great points and I am one of Livermore's biggest fans. I have tried to write my macro articles with the most objective perspective as possible. I am learning something new about the market every day, but I find that the best learning is achieved through open discussion and informed debate- which is exactly what I try to do with my articles. Comments such as yours are exactly what I hope to extract from an intelligent group of readers with very diverse backgrounds and educations. Thanks for the feedback.
    Jun 11 12:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When The Going Gets Tough, The Best Brands Get Going [View article]
    Nice job.Buy the creme de la creme and forget about em.
    Jun 7 07:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When The Going Gets Tough, The Best Brands Get Going [View article]
    Thanks for the compliment and feedback. Means a lot- Best of luck to you as well.
    Jun 3 01:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Vs. Google: What You Need To Know Post-IPO [View article]
    Yeah I'll back up the truck at 18-22 if it gets that low. They have 16 billion cash in the bank so it it gets down to $50bn market cap you can back out the cash/share and one would essentially be buying into FB at a 34 billion valuation. I still think Zuck and company have a few tricks up its sleeve
    May 23 02:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I Told You So: Facebook's Ugly IPO Debut [View article]
    Yes I'm sure there were not thousands of baby boomers looking to make a quick buck yesterday. Contrary to what your statement implies, my generation, or the "google generation" as you like to call it, barely participates in the market at all. We've seen our parents investments go absolutely no where over the last ten years, and have been primed by the media and society to consume everything we make rather than save and invest it. It's a
    Macro trend that is very bearish for the long term prospects of the stock market. We have no innate trust or faith in the market that our parents had. I think it's safe to say that generation GOOG had nothing to do with yesterday's fiasco. I place the blame on the greed of the "average joes" ( and hedge funds) who ironically, missed out on google because they were not as technically advanced back when it IPO'd, and tried to make it up by blindly jumping in to this IPO thinking a quick buck was garenteed.
    May 19 10:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Told You So: Facebook's Ugly IPO Debut [View article]
    dsr70 has it exactly right. average joe and media hyped this up... not zuckerburg and facebook. if it was up to him i bet he'd never want to go public. you guys are twisted and very out of touch with reality if you think that your inability to "make a quick buck" should be blamed on anyone other than yourselves. If you want to blame the banks and zuckerburg for failure, do it a year or five from now. not 5 hours after the closing bell of the first day.
    May 18 11:33 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Is Going To Disrupt Commerce: Why It Makes Sense For Amazon To Join It [View article]
    Josh, great input all around. I'm still not sure Walmart or BBY have the e-commerce infrastructure that will allow them to compete with AMZN on a head-to-head level, so that is why I went with Amazon in great detail as their e-commerce focus makes them an obvious first choice. However, you made some great thought-provoking points and I am looking forward to your future analysis on what Facebook's ecommerce efforts might look like. At this point I think it's a given that they will make a major move, its only a matter of how they do it and who they team up with.
    May 18 10:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The ITC bans the import of Motorola Mobility (MMI, GOOG) Android phones that feature meeting and scheduling software deemed to be violating Microsoft's (MSFT) IP. The ruling comes just weeks after the ITC and a German court declared the Xbox to be violating Motorola's patents. Much like Apple's disputes with Android OEMs, the Microsoft-Motorola war doesn't appear to have any end in sight.  [View news story]
    Patent Armageddon.... its coming.
    May 18 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment