View as an RSS Feed
View Ian Bezek's Articles BY TICKER:
Buying ZIV: A Better Option Than Shorting VXX
- Both long ZIV and short VXX seek to benefit from an upcoming decline in volatility.
- VXX shorts suffer from backwardation at present.
- ZIV is not subject to this problem, and is currently the better option for long-term short volatility positions.
Gran Colombia's Great Cash Crunch
- Gran Colombia faces a sharp cash shortage.
- Current operations remain unprofitable.
- Company needs a big change in gold prices or production costs to weather the storm.
Xunlei: China's Nascent Amazon.com Is A Steal
- Alibaba is hyped as China's Amazon, but its business is totally different.
- Xunlei, by comparison, is building a network of properties that closely resembles Amazon.
- Xunlei's 53% owner, Lei Jun, founded Amazon China, and appears set on rebuilding it via Xunlei.
- We have a chance to invest alongside him below XNET's IPO price.
- With $7/share cash supporting the share price, Xunlei is a low-risk, high-reward opportunity.
Why Xunlei May Begin To Sprint Like A Cheetah
- Cheetah Mobile doubled since IPO, Xunlei is an extremely similar company whose stock hasn't yet popped.
- Cheetah and Xunlei share same backers including the Chinese Steve Jobs; smartphone billionaire Lei Jun.
- Xunlei will trade to $20/share should it follow Cheetah's footsteps.
- Xunlei should also trade above $20/share based on valuation with comparable Chinese internet companies.
- $7/share of cash; Xunlei's investors are protected from significant downside.
Take Profits In Cheetah Mobile And Buy Its Twin, Xunlei
- I recommended Cheetah Mobile (CMCM) in June at $21, it has rallied 40% since then.
- CMCM remains a compelling growth story, last quarter's earnings blew out estimates.
- That said, valuation may be stretched and CMCM has become a battleground stock with short sellers.
- I have taken profits on CMCM and reallocated much of my Chinese internet exposure to Xunlei (XNET).
- XNET is a similar story with same backers as CMCM that has not yet rallied, making this a fortuitous entry point.
Cheetah Sprints Higher As Investors Discover The Next Qihoo 360
- Cheetah Mobile starting to surge as investors discover the new IPO, but stock still underfollowed and undervalued.
- Cheetah is the next Qihoo 360, it operates in the same business and its CEO and CTOs were key players at Qihoo.
- Qihoo 360 shares quadrupled in the last two years. Cheetah exhibits similar revenue growth and other business metrics to Qihoo.
- Cheetah is profitable, 90-100% revenue growth next two years, forward PE of 25, and a PEG ratio of just 0.5 -- a compelling opportunity.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management's announcement after-close Monday of 5.2% stake in Cheetah provides new catalyst for further upside.
Rio Alto: Potential Double, Limited Downside
- Market has failed to account for excellent resource update in February.
- This resource update gives RIOM the financial flexibility to build Phase II of the La Arena mine without diluting shareholders.
- Phase II feasibility study results this summer offers catalyst for sudden repricing of stock higher.
- The market currently values Phase II at nearly zero. As such, Phase II is a nearly free call option on 4 billion pounds of copper/4 million ounces of gold.
- Existing operations are worth roughly $2/share, limiting downside even if Phase II doesn't work out.
- Rio Alto Washes Out; Now A Compelling Bargain At 6x P/E
- Down 83% In 6 Months: Jaguar Mining Is Finally A Buy
- Republic's Shares Flying Too High On Frontier Sale
- Le Gaga: Either The World's Most Efficient Farmers Or A Great Short
- Swisher Hygiene's Recent Rally May Quickly Drain Away
- Orsus Xelent: Don't Be Fooled By 'Momentum'
- Alleged Fraud At Chaoda; Is Closely-Connected Le Gaga Rotten Too?
- Armour Residential A Short-Term Buy Following Ticker Symbol Confusion
- Liquidity Services: Shares Vulnerable After Massive Rally
- 5 Stocks At 52-Week Lows That Will Keep Struggling
- Texas Instruments Loses Luster For Growth Investors
- Lihua International Investors: Do You Believe In Miracles?
- Rough Day For Coffee Holding; Should Green Mountain Investors Worry?
- Coffee's Latest Rally May Leave Investors Jolted
- Sell The Pop - Bank Of America's Deal Reeks Of Desperation
- TVIX: Look For This Bearish Hedge To Keep Outperforming
- Lihua International: Can We Trust the Larry Isen Commissioned China 360 Report?
- Research In Motion: A Buy in the Wake of Google's Motorola Bid
- RETRACTION: Great Panther Shares Likely to Continue Limping Lower
- Dendreon's Plunge: No Short-Selling Conspiracy After All
- Allied Irish Tumbles on Delisting Announcement, Remains a Sell
- Examworks a Buy Following Wednesday's Massacre
- Why Sirius's Earnings Are Less Impressive Than You Think
- 14 Compelling Shorts for a New Bear Market (Part 3)
- 14 Compelling Shorts for a New Bear Market (Part 2)