Ian Bezek

View Ian Bezek's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Rubicon Minerals: Big Valuation Upside On The Phoenix Project [View article]
    You could start with the comment I made to your NG article. My comment refuted your article, and you let it stand because you wanted to let me have the "last word" or whatnot. I appreciate the gesture, but you owe it to the readers to defend your thesis, if you can do so, rather than simply let my comment -- which derails most of your entire article -- stand unmentioned.

TCI and I are skeptical as you seem to go silent after we rebut your points. That or you start calling us unconstructive or other such loaded emotional language. If you want to debate facts, let's go for it. That'd be informative and helpful for readers as well as sharpening our viewpoints.

If you want to discuss emotions and analyze the tone of people's comments, Seeking Alpha probably isn't the right place for that, this is an investing board.
    Jan 26, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Decline Of FXCM Is An Opportunity For GAIN Capital [View article]
    Good article and I agree the main risk is regulatory pushback against the whole industry. That's the key thing to watch to see how Gain will be able to do in this new competitive landscape.
    Jan 26, 2015. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rubicon Minerals: Big Valuation Upside On The Phoenix Project [View article]
    A couple comments. Let me preface by saying I have no position in RBY, I was long back in 2007-08 but haven't traded it in years.

1. The nugget effect isn't the same as higher grade at an adjacent property. Not at all. The presence of one does not prove the other.

2. People were talking of GG buying RBY back in 07-08. Hasn't happened for a decade. Why would it now? GG has obviously known about RBY for years and hasn't taken it out through multiple up-down gold cycles. They don't seem interested. Sorry.

3. It seems SomaBull doesn't understand the point of PEAs. The are to demonstrate the economics of the mine as best as possible before construction. His method of promoting stocks is to say, let's imagine that something is much different than it actually is and then base our theses on it. In NovaGold's case, he imagines that waste rock is economical gold. In this case, that grade is higher because it has a good address even though many years of drilling demonstrate the opposite conclusion.

4. It's disapponting that the author resorts to baseless personal attacks against authors when fact-based arguments have been disproven. I'm not sure if the author's definition of "unprofessional" is anyone who doesn't drink mining companies' kool-aid. It would seem so. As the past few years have shown, the mining industry is full of charlatans, and asking critical questions is a necessary prerequisite for being a successful investor in the sector.
    Jan 26, 2015. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ocwen CA Settlement Boosts Stock Heading Into Next Week [View article]
    Nice to see that Blue Mountain's analysts had time to set up a bunch of new SA accounts to talk bearish about a position that's going to squeeze hard against them Monday.
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:35 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rosetta Stone Is Possibly The Most Misunderstood Story In The Stock Market [View article]
    LF down to 2.50 now. I definitely see the parallels to RST you were mentioning.
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    I lost money on the long side of KCG as well. Couldn't believe just how incompetent management was there.
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    And why would that be?
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    I didn't see any $1 strike options for February. I was shorting calls Thursday when the stock was over 3, so Premium was substantial (my cost basis short $2.50 calls is 1.06 each). This article was published for SA Premium subscribers Thursday when there was still more premium available.
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    Agreed with you Unemon
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    What institutions? Big money firms aren't trading FX on FXCM accounts.
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    But FXCM specifically said they credit customer losses in this type of situation. One of their perks, that they'd have to retroactively renounced to reclaim damages.
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    The comparison is the market's emotional reaction and share trading patterns after the stocks crashed. The specific businesses are completely different, sure
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    Yes, one reason I am with Oanda, they have always been, as best as I can tell, aligned more with the customer rather than running a bucket shop
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    Good comment, thanks
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • FXCM: This Equity Is Nearly Worthless [View article]
    Getting less favorable with each revision in fact
    Jan 25, 2015. 09:17 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment