Ian Bezek

View Ian Bezek's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Avoid China Agritech Despite the Plunge [View article]
    "With all the red flags flying over CAGC, you could be forgiven for mistaking their factory in Anhui for Communist Party HQ!" -- that line made my afternoon.
    Feb 18 03:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Bears: Right in Theory but Still Losing Money [View article]
    Apple went from $200 to $78, Google went from $747 to $250 in the bear market. Both were catastrophes for momentum investors. Since then, Apple and Google's businesses have arguably outperformed RIMM and AMZN's, but that doesn't change the fact that they were all similarly overpriced in 2007.
    Feb 18 09:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In Wake of Seahawk's Asset Sale to Hercules, Investors Eyeing Both Companies [View article]
    I sure hope Natty gas will bottom soon. I{m trapped long UNG and not pleased at all about it.
    Feb 17 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If I owned HAWK, I'd be a little concerned that HAWK management is selling their shares in mass (for example: google.brand.edgar-onl...) I'd guess they have a better understanding of the company's remaining value than you or I do.
    Feb 17 07:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seahawk's (HAWK) value is around $6 [View instapost]
    I think he is assuming the court will dismiss these -- which if he is correct -- will result in his investing thesis probably being correct. I wouldn't bet on that legal outcome though...
    Feb 17 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yongye International: Some Answers and a New Concern [View article]
    Do you have a comment to make, or are you just babbling?
    Feb 17 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Actions Semiconductor: A True Chinese Value [View article]
    New 52-week high for ACTS today following the 4% pop out over resistance at $2.40. You buy value stocks when they are cheap, not after they have already turned-around and are clearly back into growth mode.
    Feb 17 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid China Agritech Despite the Plunge [View article]
    Also, it's worth noting this post: buyersstrike.wordpress.../ which highlights the apparently less than stellar record this member of Agritech's board of directors has had. In particular, his work with the American General Business Association has been interesting.
    Feb 17 09:59 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid China Agritech Despite the Plunge [View article]
    The claims that 3 of their 4 factories don't operate, that they don't have nearly enough employees or equipment to generate the revenue they claim, etc. It's all linked, you can read for yourself.
    Feb 17 09:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid China Agritech Despite the Plunge [View article]
    Bronte Capital is a hedge fund that has had fairly good returns: www.brontecapital.com/... Not some random blogger.
    Feb 17 09:00 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yongye International: Some Answers and a New Concern [View article]
    China Agritech trading off 20% today. As I noted, YONG is significantly more credible than CAGC. Interesting, these Chinese fertilizer companies.
    Feb 16 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Actions Semiconductor: A True Chinese Value [View article]
    You know there are regulations about how fast you can buy back your shares, right? Actions has been buying as quickly as they can -- if volume rises, the program can increase, but volume for the stock was almost nothing when the stock traded at 50 cents on the $. Here's the relevant quote from a recent conf. call:

"We continue to buy back shares, spending approximately $2 million on the share repurchase program during the fourth quarter, compared with $2.1 million in the third quarter. Our repurchase activity remains constrained by trading volume and blackout periods for our 10B-18 program, as well as limited activity in block trading."
    Feb 16 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Actions Semiconductor: A True Chinese Value [View article]
    I addressed the declining revenue issue in detail. I presented reasons, such as the new product line, for why it may be reversing. No one was expecting Q1 2011 to be a strong quarter, but as I said, the back half of the year should be improved.

Please stop with the conspiracy theories. If I wanted to divert people from your beloved YONG, don't you think I'd recommend a stock doing more than 50,000 shares a day of volume?
    Feb 16 09:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seahawk's (HAWK) value is around $6 [View instapost]
    Pride wants more money than you stated. Whether they get it or not is a different question.
    Feb 15 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Actually, I valued the HERO shares at $3.62 in my estimate (for $3.62 was the closing price of HERO before the gap-up Monday, and I as stated, I don't think this deal is very helpful to HERO.) If you grant HAWK that HERO's shares were to be at $4.12 (today's close) then my estimate of residual value rises to $2-3 a share assuming they can't discharge the Pride debt.

However, I am sticking with $3.62 as my estimate for HERO shares as it has put in two fat red candles in a row, suggesting the market is reconsidering the value of the deal to HERO.
    Feb 15 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment